World Futurity Paybacks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. The AMHR futurity is $25 per stallion, and $5 per mare. My filly's class had over 50 entries.
Plus in the AMHR you can show for FOUR futurities: weanling, yearling, 2YO and 3YO AND show in the performance futurity at no extra charge. In AMHA you only get the yearling futurity.

I thought it was more than just yearling year they could show. I need to go back and check but I'm pretty sure raven and sera showed more than one year in the halter futurity classes.

It's more then the R to nominate but correct me if I'm wrong 400 to win in the R and 2800 to win the A futurity. I will be nominating mine. Thanks for the reminder John.
AMHA nomination is $200 per stallion and $50 per mare

AMHR nomination is $25 per stallion and $5 per mare. I'm a little confused by your response above? And as said, AMHR has several classes while AMHA has just the yearling class. So while your payment in one class may be lower, it grows in the older futurities in AMHR.

As an individual who is an occasional breeder, and really not much of a seller, it just didn't make sense to nominate my stallion and mare to the AMHA halter futurity. We live in Washington state. It is a very stressful trip to send down a yearling for a big show. I would probably have nominated IF the futurity went up through 3 years old and was half the cost it is today. As it is, I did nominate my babies to the Performance Futurities at $50 each. I will not have a problem taking a 3yo down for the show. And if I could have haltered that horse in a futurity at that age for a more accessible fee, I would probably have gone ahead and done it. I am all for the futurity programs, it is a great way to promote a breeding program. I also nominated my foals to the AMHR futurities, including paying out the bigger bucks for the Super G futurity for my gelding. I have one that I am going to drop off this year, because I really can't see taking her down next year, but I will be sustaining my gelding in all futurities with the plan to take him to both Nationals and World. I do think there are ways to make the program more accessible to the average folks. Restricting it to a single year really put a crimp in it, I think.

AMHA nomination is $200 per stallion and $50 per mare

AMHR nomination is $25 per stallion and $5 per mare. I'm a little confused by your response above? And as said, AMHR has several classes while AMHA has just the yearling class. So while your payment in one class may be lower, it grows in the older futurities in AMHR.
What are you confused about I will try to explain it to you better.

I appreciate all of the feedback!

The AMHA Futurity Committee will be meeting at the AMHA Annual Meeting & Convention February 16-20, 2011. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. I will bring to the meeting the concerns that I read here on the forum.

Thanks John

I appreciate all of the feedback!

The AMHA Futurity Committee will be meeting at the AMHA Annual Meeting & Convention February 16-20, 2011. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. I will bring to the meeting the concerns that I read here on the forum.

Thanks John

THANKS!! And can you find out why they changed it from a four year event to just a yearling one?

Holly mailed our nomiations in yesterday ..... first time for us so we'll see how it goes. If it goes well, we'll add more next year after we see some of the first foal crops this year by our pairs

default_aktion033.gif

WE decided to nominate Buff in the amha futurity and will hopefully get to keep a yearling to show in it. The paybacks are good and everyone can always us that, really helps to get some money back and great exposure for your breeding program too. I nominated four mares for a start this year and will see how it goes!

Latest posts

Back