Workin' And Waitin'

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
I am very proud of myself. :aktion033: Today I worked on the beautiful, gigantic shed that is going to be converted into a stall or 2 for two and a half hours! I never knew how much stuff was in there! :eek: I had to go drop stuff off at the dump twice! Next weekend I am hoping to build the dividing wall inside. Hard work, but it's all going to be SO worth it in the end! The waiting is what really bugs me. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will have pictures of my progress posted here. And also, next weekend I am going to a farm, the lady breeds minis, and I am very excited! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, guys, please post something! :bgrin

Isn't it funny how hard you will work all weekend long because you are getting a miniature! The long days, sore back and muscles will worth it!
default_yes.gif
:

I have been doing exactly the same thing. Building fences, repairing existing fences, building a stable/shelter and raking mountains of leaves from his field. All in preparation for my little guy.

I've been watching your progress here as you take a simular journey as I am. The waiting is killing me, but getting your property prepared for your little treasure to arrive will keep you satisfied and destracted.

Please keep us posted on how your 'shopping trip' goes searching for the 'one'. You will know instantly the moment you lay eyes on the horse that is meant to be yours. I know I did. I looked at plenty of babies, but Bailey was the 'one' I kept going back to. It was meant to be.
default_wub.png
:

We need photos too .... don't forget!

Good luck, and enjoy this part of your journey.

I'm really looking forward to pictures! Your hard work will pay off! :aktion033:

The work is always worth it! SOOO have you decided what your getting? Color, Mare, Stud Gelding? What an exciting time for you!! and you are so much more prepared than me -- was with a friend the day I got comanchee, spur of moment we went and got him for my B day! :new_shocked: so i was COMPLETLY unready LOL Glad that has changed though! Good luck!

The work is always worth it! SOOO have you decided what your getting? Color, Mare, Stud Gelding?
I really am looking for a younger gelding, 3-4 years.
default_wub.png
: A mare's fine, too, but I really would rather have a gelding.
default_yes.gif
: I will DEFINATLY keep you posted, and today I may take some pictures of the shed! I love working on it, because it keeps me occupied and busy, so I don't think of the waiting so much!

I can't wait for the pictures of all your hard work and of course of the new addition. Good luck! I am sure you will find the perfect mini for you.

Tammie~

I can't get pictures today.
default_sad.png
My camera's out of memory! As soon as I copy the pictures to a disk and delete them from the camera, I willl have my progress up!
default_yes.gif
:

We went the other way to get minis, a friend called and said that if I had a place to put her I could have her. It took me a couple of weeks to get a fence and barn up so she could come home. my wife spent a lot of time out at the ranch where she was at till she came home with us. but the work is way worth it . dont forget to make room for another because as someone on here says ' Minis are like potato chips, you cant have just one." DR.

' Minis are like potato chips, you cant have just one."
That's funny! :bgrin Yes, I have another stall-sized area for a second mini if that happens, I don't think it will soon, though. The stall I'm building right now is not 8X8 as recomended, it is 12X7 , is that OK?
default_unsure.png
: I know it is kind of large, but there isn't really a way to cut off the 12 foot part at all.

That's a good size. The bigger the better! I can't wait to see your hard work going on and better yet, your new horse. Where do you live? Is this a run in shed or a stall? IF it's a stall, be sure that your horse can see out easily so he doesn't feel confined

Here are directions on how to post a picture

upload your pictures to the computer

Go to www.photobucket.com

and open a new free account

Then select "browse" and then select your picture that you want uploaded

It will jump in the box and start to load. Takes about 4 or 5 minutes

Then, highlight the url and hit "copy"

Come back here and start your topic

When you are ready to post your picture, look up on the tool bar here and see that little tree?

Hit that

A box will jump up that has http.........use your backspace and remove that http that is in the box

Then, hit paste

The address to your photo will jump in that box

and you will see it at the end of your text that you wrote in the text box here

Hit preview to be sure you did it right

Then submit

Then, we all get to enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Here are my pictures at last, not very good, it was dark out and too dark for pictures in the shed, then my camera ran out of memory! :eek: But here they are!----Frontal view, double doors & window

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/pl...ca/DSCN2652.jpg

Side view, single door, I will be slicing it so the mini can poke his head out!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/pl...ca/DSCN2654.jpg

Yes, messy but you should have seen it before! I have not started building yet, I will have more pictures then!
default_yes.gif
:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/pl...ca/DSCN2655.jpg

Any thing I can change? Advice? All in all, the shed is 12 by 14 feet, I need one half walled off for wheelbarrows, lol! I was planning on using 2 by 4's for the wall. Good or bad?

:saludando: Hello? Any advice, good or bad? I got the pictures just in time! There's a big snow storm today!

:eek:

Can't picture what you mean for the walls using 2x4 -- all depends -- are you using the plywood for the walls? and how will you attach wall floor to ceiling (what supports) - can't tell what sort of flooring is in there.

What I can see is looking quite nice.

JJay

Wow! What you've done looks really, really nice. I'm sure your new horse will love it. :aktion033:

When you're done, you can come build me one! LOL! :bgrin

Stephanie

He! He! Isn't amazing how much room you can make when you know you are getting a horse?

Looks like a very nice building. You definely want to build a strong wall to keep the wheelborrow and other

tools in their own area. I am not good at building but I would think 2 X 4's would work.

What kind of floor do your have? Is it wood?

Freida

2X4's are solid wood planks 2 inches by 4 inches. The floors are cement, I will be putting rubber stall mats in. Thank you, it really is a very nice shed! :bgrin

The only thing I would change is the horse shoe....it should be up so all the luck don't run out!!!! Looking good>>>>

Back