Workin' And Waitin'

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I just posted, but I have a very important question to ask! I live in New Hampshire, the Southern part of NH, anybody live around there or know someone in the area who breeds/raises/is selling miniature horses? I will be spending next weekend looking at minis, but I kinda need to have more places to go! :eek: I am looking for a younger horse, anywhere from 3-5, and either a gelding or mare, preferably gelding, though. Thank you all so much again, please, PLEASE help me find some places to search for my new friend!
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched a lot of the free horse ad sites online when I was looking for my horse... but i ended up finding him by posting a flyer at the grocery store on the bulletin board that said, "WANTED: miniature horse" with a description of what I was looking for and my price range. I posted them at the pet supply store, tack shop, grocery store, feed store, etc.... but the one at the grocery store was the one that got me a call.

I found local breeders by doing google searches for "miniature horse for sale michigan" and sifting through the links it gave me. But most of those horses were out of my price range. :bgrin

Thanks! I've been trying a lot of online stuff, I will try google! I know what you mean by the price range issue! That is a really hard part. THanks, and please keep the help coming, where else do people search???? :lol:

Have you tried contacting Clubs in your area? You might try the Club websites that have been pinned at the top of the forum. I know there are several Clubs with members in NH, and there are some forum members from your area. Many of the Club websites have links to member farms. You can also try the AMHA website AMHA and look for Clubs and members in your region. People don't always advertise the minis they have for sale. And sometimes they welcome visitors even if they don't have any for sale. Can't hurt to look! There is also a brand new Mini Club in NH that just posted its website on the forum this week. It should be in that pinned list of Miniature Club websites.

Have you tried contacting Clubs in your area? You might try the Club websites that have been pinned at the top of the forum. I know there are several Clubs with members in NH, and there are some forum members from your area. Many of the Club websites have links to member farms. You can also try the AMHA website AMHA and look for Clubs and members in your region. People don't always advertise the minis they have for sale. And sometimes they welcome visitors even if they don't have any for sale. Can't hurt to look! There is also a brand new Mini Club in NH that just posted its website on the forum this week. It should be in that pinned list of Miniature Club websites.
Oh! That might help! I hadn't thought of that. :eek:

Another question- How well do your minis and other animals get along? I have two dogs, a 9 yr. old border collie/newfoundland cross, a 2 yr. old male lab, and three cats. They all get along well, the cats do have their 'disagreements', and in the past we have also had chickens, (do NOT do labs and birds!) flying squirrels, and various others. They have all been very good about the animals coming and going. I would like to know some of you rpast experiences with minis and dogs/cats, please. OH! And I will be posting new pictures soon! I have been working! :bgrin

So far we haven't had any issues. Bailey is curious with our old dog (she's 18 years old!). He will follow her around and sniff her. The dog is a little unsure. Because the dog is elderly a frail, we do not leave Bailey and her unattended. It would only take one nip or kick to really do some damage to the dog.

WE have all kinds of wild birds in our yard, trying to eat left over feed. This morning, Bailey kept the wild ducks at bay until he had finished his breakfast. I think if your horse has grown up around animals you would have a better chance of harmony. Having said that, I'm also cautious with the dog like I mentioned, just because she is old a frail.

Just introduce them slowly, and let your dogs and other animals know that there is nothing to be jealous of. You can have room to love them all..
default_wub.png
:

I know that saying very well now, Lol! Everyone says that. I have another space, but it's not prepared. I am just starting with the one...for now.
default_wub.png
:

News! Aparently minis do NOT do well on their own, and I wouldn't have not that if not for a friend. So, I will be getting 2 minis.
default_wub.png
: "Minis are like potato chips, you can't just have one!" I'm going to look at a 9 year old mare today, and the second mini will probably be a rescue horse! :bgrin

I have not been able to work on the shed much, much to my disappointment, as we have had another 'little bit' of snow blow in, followed by rain and sleet! :eek: Anyways, as always, I have a question, lol. (I hope I'm not boring you guys yet, I need to know as much as I can.) Do any of you have a mare and a gelding that ge along well and get turned out together? Or do you keep mares with mares and the boys together?

I keep my gelding with my mare. They get along fine, but she is my boss mare and doesn't let him push her around. I would love to see pics!

Thank you, my neighbors keep their gelding with their mares, they are fine as well. OK, pictres coming up!!!! :bgrin

This is me with Mocha's Keep Her In Kashmere, she will be coming home in April!!!!

DSCN2754.jpg

Me with Kassie again!
default_wub.png
:

DSCN2753.jpg

And we will be looking at a rescued mini mare named Cover Girl as a companion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a sweetheart
default_wub.png
:

You will love her to death!

Congratulations

I know your new mare! You are going to be very, very happy with her!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, don't I know what you mean!!! We are selling our home and I have been cleaning out 13 years of stuff!! We had someone coming to look on Saturday and they asked specifically about the barn-and here in Kentucky we have a whole lot of mud....so I worked on stallls and getting things in order out there. I'd rather do the outside work then the inside.

Boy, don't I know what you mean!!! We are selling our home and I have been cleaning out 13 years of stuff!! We had someone coming to look on Saturday and they asked specifically about the barn-and here in Kentucky we have a whole lot of mud....so I worked on stallls and getting things in order out there. I'd rather do the outside work then the inside.
Really??? Right now I'd MUCH rather work on building the stall than the fence!!!! The ground is not yet soft enough for the poles for fencing, and this weekend the stall walls will be going up!! (It took a LOOONG time to get that cleared out! :eek: ) I'm happy and excited with all the work, and I know it's SO worth it!
default_wub.png
:

I love your mare !! She is gorgeous :aktion033: CONGRATS !!

:saludando: Thank you. I am so happy right now, knowing that in a bit over a month she will be here with me! I am very excited, a bit nervous, but that's ok. She is such a pretty mare and so very sweet!
default_wub.png
:

This weekend I will post more pictures of my progress with the stalls/shed, we are hoping to get most if not all the walls up this week!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back