Wondering the age group on here...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Male, 30...ish, Average height, Pale, Fat, w/ a face that looks like it's been (and literally has been) kicked by a Shetland. I know, sounds too good to be true...it is...I'm also already spoken for.

Wife, son and I all take care of our dozen or so horses. It's the wife's obsession (life-long), my hobby, and the boy has no choice.

Oh, Mike, you're killing me! Well, I got kicked in the face by an 8-month old colt so I know/feel your pain. *LOL*

default_smile.png

38 but married (18 years Aug. 24) have three sons.

Liz

This is Anita 54 years/feel like 27

Live with my husband Carl for over 20 years testing, we married 3 weeks ago here in Texas. That was fun! We are both German.

I am addicted to over 30 minis the very small ones. They are my children.

For living we are in alpaca business and I prepare for the first premier alpaca event southwest. The first in central USA and in Texas www.thealpacaevent.com. Cross you fingers that all goes well and we can do it every year.

:saludando:

Anita

I'm 64 (but that isn't possible)!!! I live alone so do everything here. I have 3 minis, 1 bigg'un and 2 dogs. Some days I wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew with my "new" (a year next month) place. It's amazing the things we can do when that's the only way to get things done...but what the heck, it keeps me busy and in decent shape for my age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthew

Born and raised in Toronto, ON

Recently moved to SouthWest Ontario to a small town

Live with my partner of three years

Some of you have seen pics of me with the pups etc, but I'm 5'10", slim/athletic, dark hair, green eyes

Mom is from Glasgow, Scotland and was a nurse before having the kids

Dad is from Kingston, Jamaica and a Doc. in Toronto (Neurologist).

I showed on the A Circuit for years in Hunter/Jumper classes all over Canada and the U.S. and now am getting into minis :aktion033:

I'm also looking into possibly getting a 2 year old Hanoverian/Thoroughbred filly that is eligible to be Canadian Sport Horse registered...I'll let you know if that comes through
default_smile.png

I'm 64 also. but like AppyLover2 says it's not possible. :lol: I have a husband of 44 years (45in Feb). He's 78. We live with our son (divorced) and 2 granddaughters. Marnie got me into minis this spring. Currently have 5 in my care. Mare, Fancy goes back to Marnie when Goldilocks is weaned. I do ALL the work. Marnie & Nate furnish me with hay, hoof trimming and so much more. Bless their souls.
default_smile.png
Also help in the care of 3 cats. 5 fish, 2 house dogs, and 23 siberian and alaskan huskies. (sled dogs). Have lots of health problems but these minis have given me a new lease on life. Lost 27# so far :lol: :lol: Just take it a day at a time. (Which I have lots of, More than money)
default_rolleyes.gif
: . BUT all this work plus two granddaughter 9 & 13 with school activities keeps me younger. Love life.
default_wub.png
:

43 - female from Dallas area, Texas. Married (2nd time around) for 12 years. 2 adult children and 1 beautiful granddaughter (my avatar).

Lots of critters...if I don't currently have it, I probably did growing up!

2 minis (both drivers)

1 NHS/arabian cross

1 riding mule (love him!)

1 pony mule (hand raised)

4 goats

1 Llama

4 dogs (1 border collie, 3 mini aussies)

6 ducks (duck population varies)

I do all the farm work myself...hubby plays golf, but he does enjoy doing carting playdays with me. His riding horse will be ready next spring, then we plan on doing alot of riding.

Slinkky

Well, I am 38, and take care of the horses mostly by myself, although I a m married. I work for the government, and spend most of my pay keeping the horses up ( I have a whole lot of horses). I also have TWH performance horses, 6 dogs, alpacas, mini cows, and Angus cow calf pairs. My husband and dad do all the farming, and I do all the feeding.

But to answer the question < I am 38. ( except if you ask my 8 year old nephew , he will tellyou the WHOLE WHOLE, non exaggerated truth, I am only REALLY 23- been that for a while now. It costs me, for him to tell that too, haha) . He will say," oh, you are only 23, now give me the money", which I politely hand over.

Hubby 38 and I will be 41 in a week :new_shocked: We have 4 sons 10,9,7,6. Hubby calls my minis "your stupid donkeys" LOL But I have often caught him lovin' on them
default_wub.png
: My boys could care less... but I love my little farm and all my animals (2 and 4 legged)

Oh wow lol I didn't expect to wake up this morning and find 3 pages of replies! I thought everyone would shy away from this question...

Woopie!

Well I suppose I should answer this one too since I started it...

21 years young, female, in a relationship but with a guy who cares more about fixing up old ATV's, motorcycles, etc. than any animal...he did help me out a little when I had my mini's, but I did the brunt of the work and paid for everything...and loved it the whole time! Except the expensive fee's...lol...

0 horses

2 eclectus parrots

2 cats

All my work and love =)

I am so glad to learn more about members on here! I would love to find out what some of you do for work that you can easily make a living, and afford horses, buy a new house, and not go bankrupt!

Ok....I will play! :lol:

I am 34, happily married to the man of my dreams for 10 years on the 14th of this month!!! He is 44.

We have one daughter who is 8.

Miniature Horses and donkeys are a love & passion of us all so that makes it alot easier!!! I do all the feeding and most of the care, although my husband & daughter help when needed.

Hubby loves them but I often have to tell him who is who, he remembers names of his favorites, but is senile on some! His favorites by far are the miniature donkeys.

We have 21 miniature Horses, with 2 more that will be here on the 23rd, 4 are going to new homes very soon.

We also have 12 miniature donkeys, 2 of which will be going to a new home soon.

1 Llama, 4 goats.......2 dogs,.etc.......(lots of extra's when you live on a farm, especially cats!)

People are always amazed that all my animals have names, and that I remember them!haha Well they are all part of the family, and I know each one really well, You learn when things are not right just by the way they are acting.
default_yes.gif
:

Okay, I'll add my 2 cents worth! :bgrin

I'm 51 and live alone since my husband passed away last year in June. I recently did a head count and have 64 horses total. Also have 5 dogs, 8 cats and 2 Emus. I take care of all the animals and maintenance on my 20 acre farm by myself and have a 40 hour a week job with the State. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave any time for much socializing!
default_wacko.png
: I have been trying to find some help, but that hasn't been to successful so far. I got to admit that the work definitely keeps you in shape!
default_yes.gif
:

I am 46. Been married for 16 years and have 2 daughters ages 16 & 13. We currently only have 9 (!) minis. Have the need to shop!!! My husband and daughters aren't at all interested in the minis. My hubby will help with fence work, hay, repairs, etc, but that's more to support me. He'd love to turn the loft of my barn into a play area/club house for him and his friends and then use the bottom for tractor storage!!

Kim

My husband and I are in our early 50's - we have been married approx 3 years - we have a bakers dozen minis and we have one that drives now. We plan to train a couple more to drive this winter so he has one to drive as well (but we need a 2nd cart). He has worked on Horse Farms in his "youth" and does not have the obsession that I do with these critters.

If I can get him driving his own horse - his interest could grow.

JJay

I am 31 with 4 horses. I do partial board so I take care of my own. My husband will help when I ask. He is waiting for the second gelding to be trained to drive and then will take over the fun part. He did the same in the past with the big horses-wait for them to be groomed, tacked up and ridden then get on and have some fun and hand reins back to me when done. He helps at shows as well but refuses to go into the ring
default_rolleyes.gif
: .

Amanda

I feel REALLY young. I am 12, going on 13 in a few weeks hehe. My parents pay for Willie's upkeep, but I pay for all the extra stuff.
default_yes.gif
:

28 going on 29, look 16, and act 50. Just kidding about the 50 part.
default_wink.png
: I hold down a full time job plus have 4-6 client horses/month with my own 1-2 horses. Hubby helps a bit but I do all the showing and training.

I'm 44 but no one believes me ( I look about 35), single, guys never understood my horse obsession. *shrugs*

I live on my friend's farm in my own house (she and her hubby live in the main house). We have 26 Minis, three are "all mine", two are "all hers" and the rest are co-owned. She pays for most of the bills, but when we sell something she gets the $$ and it goes back into the horses. It works for us!

Lucy

I am almost 13, will own my first horse in October.I am paying for half of him, then I pay part of the board and all the extras. 1 going on 2 dogs (Getting our 1 dog used to other dogs so we are getting a new one from Houston SPCA!), 15 Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, 2 Boa Pythons, 1 turtle and 1 fish. In a relationship with a freind from school, right now he is in the hospital because he got bit on the thumb by a water mocassin and might lose his thumb. :no:

Latest posts

Back