Wondering the age group on here...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
No i'm not asking for everyones particular age LOL!

Actually I was just wondering if there's anyone on here in their 20's-30's, preferrably male, tall dark and handsome looking for a potential partner to raise miniature horses with!

*bats eyes*

No really, just was wondering *about* what everyones ages are on here, how many of you are doing this "mini" thing by yourself? If you're young, do you afford your own horses? (no bashing intended there)

I would also love to find out if more women than men, or men than women are into miniature horses! I see a lot of couples and families, seems almost to be a 50/50 love of miniatures!

So....??

ok, I'll bite....

I'm 20-30ish, female.....own 7 minis & a riding horse. I am "doing this 'mini' thing by myself".....however I still live with my parents who give me pretty darn cheap rent
default_wink.png
: which is the only reason I can afford the horses.

~kathryn

lol im 35 MY HUBBY IS 43 and i live with my husband of sixteen years and have a daughter, two minis and a dog!

and we live in Ireland
default_yes.gif
:i lovingly do all the work where horses are concered,and hubby just does the hay collecting feed collecting shavings collecting,and brings me to the shows,and pays the bills............ so i guess im wrong we both do the horses lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 31 and have minis and a big horse or two, relalyI don't want to count. They are all out at my mom's. If it weren't for her, I would not have any horses right now. I grew up riding the biggies and did dressage and 3 day eventing while my mom just did dressage. I think she did a little bit of 3 day eventing when I moved out though.

I live with my fiance who has his own house. hmm....I guess I'm luckier than most.
default_smile.png

I'm 37
default_smile.png
Ask me again, though, and I'll probably say 29.

My husband, Harvey, and I have been married for a few years (3 I think! Oh I'm bad!), but have been a couple since I was 16! And lived together for 18 or so years...

Harvey is 40. The horses are something I am more passionate about than he is, but he does love them and is proud of him. I *love* it when I get to over hear him telling others about our horses -- there is no denying he is proud of them. And, he had his favorites. He calls Khaki his sweet girl and loves Lou very much, too. He calls Derby the little man and still thinks we should not have gelded him... He also does a lot of the work of the horses. I could not have what we do if not for his help.

We've got 16 minis (not all of them are here, counting Destiny and Suprize @ Erica's), 2 biggies, 6 dogs (4 shih-tzu, 1 lab x chow, 1 blue merle collie), 3 cats (1 maine coon, 2 himalayans), and 4 goats. I think that covers all the four leggers. Harvey and I both very much love animals and he's the one who claim the cats not me.

51 years young here! Married but he's much more into his Harley Motorcycle than the horses. He does help out with the feeding on the weekends. We have eight horses all together. 4 mini's, 1 POA pony, 1 Foxtrotter and two mini dwarfs. :saludando:

16 hehe.

I do the showing and taking care of, but my mom helps a lot and sometimes shows.

:saludando: 33 yrs going on 34 in 3 months. I've been married since 1991. I have a son(age 11) and a daughter (age 5), two dogs, two mini's, two fish tanks, and two bunnies. Sorry don't know of any available hunky guys... :no: I might be bias, but my hubby does fit your description...

edited to say all the work with all of my animals are done soley by me. Food, cleaning everything. Hubby only helps if something is really wrong with me(surgery thats it.) My animals are my love, my hubby's are trucks. So since they don't have tires, they are my responsibilites...

Ours is a 3 generation operation. We have 14 minis. My husband and I who in a few days will both be 57, my daughter who is 30 something, and my granddaughter who will be 11 on the 11th. I am primarily the barn girl, my daughter and grand daughter are the show girls and my husband the transporter but my daughter does all the overnight mare stare and we all have turns in the barn at points in time. When we got our first two minis over 5 years ago they were both rescues and they are still here. They were to give hubby something to do but no one took into consideration that he has a bad back and couldnt do the work. LOL.

Hubby 51, I am 53.
default_wink.png
:

He does the training for driving and I do all the ground training for halter, jumping & obstacle.

Daughters are 33, 29, 21, and Son 31

Granddaughter 14 & 20 months and grandson coming November?

Have 11 minis today
default_wink.png
: 2 riding Paso Finos Mares

Also breed dogs, and one barn cat, and one pigmy goat.

I am 18 years old, famale and handle basically everything myself other then the expenses which are 'happily' paid by my parents.

I handle everything myself bc thats the way i like it, i like the work. My parents pay for trimmings, grain, show fees, tack, hay and all other fees the horses happen to run up. I do pay for things like lick-its, treats, brushes, fly spray, and grooming things myself normally. Allot of things i buy come from minitack, starlake and things like that.

My reason for doing everything myself well the biggest reason would be i'm picky picky picky. If i do the feeding ext myself then i dont have to worry about something going wrong as much. Only time my dad feeds them for me is when i'm gone out of state for FFA or Vacation or things like that. My parents like me to do everything myself and i enjoy being able to be out in the barn for hours and having time to myself, its a relief!

I just like to handle the 'business' myself and thats kind of how i think of it. It is nice to know that i have dad here to take care of them if i'm gone but i think he understands that i like to do things on my own when it comes to the horses. I had a job for a few months last year and still have that money to fall back on if i ever need anything for an emergency for the horses. My FFA teacher helps us out allot with hay prices since our FFA grows hay, i get a 50%-75% discount on the hay. Its really nice.

I figure in a few years i will have to do everything on my own so why not start now? Plus i like it
default_smile.png

Oh yeah, got my first mini when i was 16 years old. At first i didnt want to do everything on my own but now that all changed very fast
default_yes.gif
:

I am a 14 year old male. I pay for everything, and take care of everything, but alot of things would not have been done if it wasn't for my parents, but I do pay for all my animals their feed, there shots and everything. I have 4 horses, 2 dogs and 5ish cats. I work about 3 nights a week to pay for all of them and I still have lots of money left!! I wouldn't want it any other way, unless my parents would by me a buckeroo son or daughter (laughs)

Gage

I am 39 with 5 yrs experience
default_wink.png
: All of my past relationships were with people who had no desire to get involved with horses (other than the pasture/fence upkeep) and Tracy, the woman I am with now, has never had any horse experience either, but she really loves animals, so I think once we get a few Minis (for those who dont know I sold my whole herd a few years ago...long story) someday, I am sure she will become involved
default_wub.png
:

My daughter (who is a 19 yr old college student now) was involved with the horses as well and we did all the showing, too.

I'm 16.

I pay for Fever's vet and farrier bills, my parents pay for board (since they won't let me keep him at home
default_smile.png
)!

[SIZE=18pt]I'm 29. I have 3 minis and a haflinger mare. My mom and I own the horses. The horses are for me and my 2 kids. My husband helps with getting the sawdust, hay and grain. The rest of us do everything else. [/SIZE]

Christy

I am 33. The horses are mostly my deal, but hubby helps occasionally when it doesn't hurt
default_smile.png
We own nine minis. We get a lot of help from our five kids!

I am 22 have 7 minis, a dog, 2 sugar gliders, and 5 hedghogs. Mom cares for 3 of them and 4 of them are boarded out. I live in town so cant have them here. I pay for everything on them and some of my moms( I tend to spoil them so anything extra to moms I have to cover).

I show one of moms horses and with the exception of this year I pay his show feeds and he is on special thyroid meds I pay for.

I buy all the grain for all 10 but we split the cost of hay.

Latest posts

Back