With the economy the way it is

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably won't be showing much this year. My A/C died last Sept and I still need to gt it replaced but just don't have the $$, then just last Thursday my car died.... I was quoted $5000 to fix it!! :DOH! Good grief, it's ten years old! Fortunately I did find a guy who will repair it for about 1/3 the cost, but that's still $1600 I really don't have, so... all "unnecessary" spending is cancelled. I'm not going to Breyerfest this year, may not hit any shows, so that'll leave out Nationals, too....
default_no.gif
We have 18 breeding age mares- only breeding four, as Jane wants to see what Elvis and Lotso throw.

*sigh*

Lucy

I had taken the past 2 years off from showing thanks to my knee replacement that was very slow to recover, and still hurts, and the left one is about shot. I haven't even been doing any chores, until this weekend, I have to feed Saturday and Sunday alone.

I am thinking of showing a bit this year, I have a driving gelding and a Little Kings Little Buckaroo son that I was going to send to a trainer for the season, but nixed that. So, I have that colt and another colt, both 2 year olds that should be shown, plus the gelding. We'll see how that goes.

No foals this year and we used to have 4 - 6. Might breed two mares this year, we'll see. I am trying to cut back, doesn't make sense to breed when cutting back.

I work for the state of Ohio, and we are starting a new contract in July, pay frozen, 10 days mandatory unpaid furlough, and frozen personal leave, and increases in insurance and co-pays. That is what killed the plan to send my colt to a trainer, and I am not sure what else I will be cutting just yet. This contract is much better than the original proposal which would have been a 5% cut in pay, work 35 hours per week (we are hourly), the 10 days unpaid, can't remember what else but it was ugly. I am just grateful to have a job and great benefits and they are being decent about the unpaid leave, taking 3.076 hours out of every pay, then it is up to us to fit in the 10 days somewhere. I just hope to survive here for the next 6 1/2 years and then I can retire with 30 years in.

I want to make sure those 10 days are 'special' days, maybe I can finally get out to lunch with KayKay???!
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back