Wireless cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmymini2

Reaction score
I need to buy a good wireless camera to put in my barn..does anyone know where I can buy a good CHEAP one..I'm looking for one that works with low lite...say maybe $100.00 -150.00.....my barn is about 50 feet from my house...any sugestions are appreciated!!

Sam's Club was them but they are more like 200.00 to 400.00. Someone on the forum sells them, too.

I sold a Lorex wireless system with one camera on E-Bay back in October for $58.00.

Be careful about asking if they are good in a barn situation. Some are for indoor survellience.

I think both WalMart and Radio Shack sell them as well but I don't know for how much.

MA

I bought mine from Radio Shack, I beleive it is a Lorex too. It was around $275CN regularly, I got it on sale for $199CN. It does need a lot of light to work well, and I have to open the barn door, and put up a tarp, as it won't send the signal through the barn walls or door. Aside from that...it works very well, has a nice wide-angle lens that can cover two stalls; saving me the cost of another camera. (I don't like to mare-stare any more than two at a time...so that works for me.)

Edited for spelling...duh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have experience with wireless cameras that say they work through metal barns? I sure would like to have one for back up. One of my 4 underground camera lines is not working
sad.gif
This is going to put me in quite a bind in a couple of months....7 mares that could all need watching at the same time
ohmy.gif

I have never heard anyone report on one that works well through metal barns and out to 200+ feet.

Charlotte

I have a metal barn about 350' from the house. It plugs into the phone line in the barn ( the camera) , then in the house you can plug into the phone and hook it to your monitor. Works very well.

I just got one from Walmart. It cast about $50. They had another one for $80. The extra cameras were only $25-40 each. It has audio and it works with low light and movement. Comes with a monitor.

Christy

We got ours for $50 off ebay it came with it's own TV and wireless camera and the house is a good 60-75 feet from the house
smile.gif
I think it was actually a baby monitor.

Charlotte - I have 4 cameras that are all wireless and my barn is metal (roof). They work very well. I had to buy a booster because of trees in the path of the transmission, but otherwise they work great. I have a mare on cam right now you can pull up. Cam #1.

You have to be careful if you have a wireless phone in your house too. If it is on the same frequency, it will interfere with the camera. We tried wireless first, worked great even through the metal building 30' from the house. But we had to turn off the phones to keep the monitor from having lines go up and down.

Typically, the wireless cameras are 2.5 mHz which is what MOST phones are. You can get a higher frequency phone though.

We switched to a wired camera that I got fo $35 at Fry's Electronic store. Now Sam's club sells the same one. It's a really neat camera that can plug right into a TV. It has infrared so you can see them in low light or no light. You can hear them too.

Billy G said:
I have a metal barn about 350' from the house. It plugs into the phone line in the barn ( the camera) , then in the house you can plug into the phone and hook it to your monitor. Works very well.
522472[/snapback]

Where did you get such a camera? It sounds just like what I could use. We have a metal barn without good "line of sight" (no windows in the right places).

i too bought a wireless and it worked in my metal building but it did interfere with out wireless phone. we had to turn the phone off whenever you wanted to watch the horse. now we have a wired camera thats much easier! it was about 100.00 at lowes.

Latest posts

Back