Will These Wheels Work OK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driving Miss Dixie

Reaction score
wheel.jpg

After bending my wire wheels I found these for sale. They are sturdy so they won't bend. And pnematic so there would be a better ride. They have a nubby tread on them and are wider than my wire wheels. I would want to use them for trail driving. Opinions? Suggestions??

Just know that the HUB has to fit your axle in both the diameter of the opening where the hub fits onto the axle, AND in the overall width of the hub itself. I don't have experience w/ wheels of that type(material of the rim and spokes), so can't really speak to that...other than to say that it 'looks' fairly sturdy in the photo....?!

Best of luck in getting a replacement that will work,

Margo

I really like the looks of them. They remind me of the wheels used on a lot of marathon wagons. Are they steel or aluminum? Do they have more? What size are they, and if there are more, what is the price?

They sell them at Kingston Saddlery, they are steel, and come in 2 sizes. The large are $99 each, and the smaller are $75 each. The shipping is free. I wish they were painted black, but I guess a can of spray paint will fix that.

They sell them at Kingston Saddlery, they are steel, and come in 2 sizes. The large are $99 each, and the smaller are $75 each. The shipping is free. I wish they were painted black, but I guess a can of spray paint will fix that.
Thanks!!! Being as I am in Canada, the shipping won't be free, (darn) but I have dealt with Kingston Saddlery before with great success.
default_aktion033.gif

Do you have a link to the wheels on the Kingston saddlery site? I looked & didn't find them. I wouldn't mind a set of those for my CTM EE cart if they will fit.

The larger ones are only 21", wish they were 24"...but they will do. The shipping to me would be another $80, plus our 15% tax, and duty...so will wait till after Christmas. I wonder tho'...companies that offer "free shipping to the lower 48 States", why they don't take what THAT shipping would cost, and subtract it from the total cost of shipping that same item to somewhere else. Know what I'm saying?
default_unsure.png

Yes, I found that site from Google too, but I did not find the wheels on there.

Oh, nevermind, this time I found them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back