Will I get grief?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay thanks..here was my reasoning..Her Mom is registered as a cremello..on papers..so it would have been possible that she could have hidden the gray gene..BUT after seeing a picture she is NO cremello..therefor MY mare can not be a gray!
default_wacko.png
default_saludando.gif

What color would you say her mom is? Do you have an AMHA registered name for her? Perhaps I can look up her pedigree to see what colors are in her backgound and her parents.

I would say your filly is a palomino pinto. You said her moms parents were registered as a roan and a palomino? But the roan may have been a gray.

I think I must be missing something here. Why can't you just take photos of her as she is, and send them in? Perhaps with an explanation or earlier photos that show the color change? How is she any different than my 5 year old gray pinto mare that I just photographed for her AMHA papers? You can't see her pinto markings in any of the the photos, but she is still a pinto (and PtHA registered). Or should I expect a problem when I send everything in?

Last year I bought a palomino gelding. He was a yearling and very light, but clearly palomino. I bought him from a very loving breeder that knows her stuff. This spring I took him to a show. While I was bathing him I noticed a large pink area on his back a little bigger than a softball. He was obvious pinto. I took him right over to her and showed her. She was surprised as he never showed any signs and I had not see it until then. Also he is starting to show a small amount of mottling under his tail so he could very well be a pintaloosa. You would never guess by looking at him. I will be clipping him and bathing him and taking pictures when he is wet when I send in his permanent papers. (he is two) These guys sure can be tricky at times. By your picture I see a palomino pinto. Some of her hair looks more yellow than the other.

You never seem to know with the registry until you try. Sometimes they don't blink an eye over things, others they are very picky on.

Hmmm..NO! she cannot be a cremello..she has No pink skins around the eyes and NO blue eys!
Unless I'm seeing things, the first head shot clearly shows a blue eye...

Jan

I have to ask Riverdance - what is a isebella(sp) palomino? I have never heard of one.
Lisa,

Isabella is a color name they use in the palomino world for being almost white. It does not mean that it is white, it is a palomino, but is a very pale one.

I can see the palomino markings. Her palomino is just very light, like my guy Midas. When body clipped, he is white. You can barely see his blaze, and you cant see his stockings.

Here is a picture of his last october, as a yearling. He was clipped about 2 weeks (It was a state horse show and we were trying to get him to get some color)
314646314.jpg

As you can see, Even clipped 2 weeks ahead of time, but blanketed, and using palomino enhancing shampoo, midas still looked very white. He has 2 rear stockings, you can barely see one here, which I didn't know until half way through his yearling year.

Anyway, AMHR didnt give me any trouble with adding the markings. But, I can defiantly see the palomino on your horse, its just really light.

Christine, please follow up with us on this when you get her papers back. Whatever she is, I think she is lovely !!

Joyce

Little Folks Farm

You would hope the registries are aware of this with palomino pintos. They often fade to white for a few years and then re-pinto in the third, fourth or fifth year. I always take photos of them when they're foals to mark the color as I've seen them go 'white' by three months and other than shaving them to show the darker/lighter skin you have to wait.

Could you try taking a wet photo to include. I can often see the differences more clearly when wet even the really light palominos.

Latest posts

Back