Will either of these jackets work for driving?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
What do you guys think of these?

This one is my favorite (with a driving hat, not that gaudy cowboy hat):

RoseParadeBlazer.jpg

And I also like this one:

1526-35_100x140.jpg

What color is your horse? That can sometimes make a difference for what color coat you choose. If I had to pick one right now...I'd pick the first one.

Gosh, how funny!! I was just looking at those jackets today, wondering if they would work for my next driving horse!! :lol: :bgrin

But mine is a palomino, so I doubt the Bordeaux colour would suit her. I know black will be fine, but I wouldn't mind a coloured one as well!
default_wink.png
:

Actually palomino is considered an "neutral" color, so just about anything can go with them.

Both jackets are beautiful. Her hands make it hard to see if it's a one button or more. If it's a one button then the sides will open up nicely so you can drive. The only problem with a jacket that long I can see is the chance it would "ride up" - bunch up when you're driving. You'll just have to take care to get it pulled down so that doesn't happen.

Love those roses - that embroidery would cost a fortune but then the jacket probably reflects that too!

:saludando: Hi, I am new to driving, but what is the diffrence between these jackets and any other blazers.

Is it because they are longer? Is there a rule about what you have to wear when you are driving.

And do you have to wear gloves in the drving classes and which ones are the best to get.

:saludando: Hi Again,

I love the Black w/ roses.

I have the black jacket with the roses and love it. I normally used it for halter classes but at one of the shows I attended the classes were too close to change outfits. I ended up having to use the black jacket with the roses for driving and I got more compliments on it and it looked awesome.

Its worth the investment!

Julie

The horse is a silver bay tovero pinto. I also hope to drive my gray Shetland/mini mare...plus my daughter will be driving the one chestnut tobiano mare in 4-H. But my main fellow is my silver bay pinto, which to the naked eye means he looks like a regular chestnut tovero.

The rose blazer is actually on sale right now, and cheaper than the second one.

I also have a lightweight jacket that I bought at Peebles this winter. It's mainly a deep red, with black scrolly designs on the front. I was thinking that just might work, at least for this year. With my 9 yr. old daughter playing softball and hauling her to AQHA shows, her twin brothers (10 yrs old) doing team penning, roping, and NBHA shows, that just leaves me with a weekend a month that I can haul to a Pinto show.
default_sad.png

I also have a yellow blazer with black on the collar and some designs on the front, that I wear with a black slinky under it, with black pants, for halter/showmanship with my AQHA gelding. I'm planning on wearing that for the halter/showmanship classes. If I go with the Peebles shirt I already have, then I would just have to take off the yellow blazer, throw on the other shirt, and I'd be ready to go. If I go with either of the other two, I'd have to change the shirt under it, too.

Neither one have buttons on the sleeves. Will that have an adverse effect?

Thanks again for the help! You guys are awesome!
default_yes.gif
:

I personally dont care for the color red with chestnuts... but I love both of those jackets and have eyeballed them in the past!! Very pretty.... I tend towards the first one, but they are both nice!

I was going to buy the one with the roses before I got the one I did but then woke up and realized wearing black in Florida was not a good idea so I bought a teal colored one instead. I wore a black jacket I have this past show that was a few weeks ago and it's time to switch back to the teal one until November. That jacket would look good in showmanship too.

I wear black, even in our hot and humid Pennsylvania summers. I may sweat to death, but at least the classes don't last long. LOL I think I'm going to go back to Peebles and Fashion Bug and see what they may have on clearance. I wish now I would have bought the darker green blouse instead of the red one. In my defense, though, I wasn't planning on using it for show. Stupid me.
default_wacko.png
:

I was going to buy the one with the roses before I got the one I did but then woke up and realized wearing black in Florida was not a good idea so I bought a teal colored one instead. I wore a black jacket I have this past show that was a few weeks ago and it's time to switch back to the teal one until November. That jacket would look good in showmanship too.

My mom has the black one with the roses. It's not my taste, but hey it does look good.

Latest posts

Back