Why not realease his mediocal records?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
This crazy. Joe Biden and John McCain have released the full jacket of their medical records. Sarah Palin's full medical records are being released this week but Obama only released a one page letter from his doctor saying he in good health..

He is running for president! Why not release them???

Why do we need to know? Is it really our business? Seems to me that Obama's letter is all that should be required by the public. Are we that nosey that we need to know what he was vaccinated with and if he ever had chicken pox? I'm NOT an Obama fan, and will not be voting for him, but this sounds like a ploy by someone to make a scene.

So why didn't he..?? A scene? HUH? He is running for president..Not to get a out of school note..why does this whole election have double standards..??

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

I feel he wants as little as possible known about him. He is scared of what will be found out if he starts releasing things. OR he thinks if people keep on him about this it will take their minds off of what he REALLY doesn't want to be found out. Or he thinks he's above everyone else and thinks he doesn't have to follow rules or laws. At any rate if he would just bring forth what the public wants to see or know about him-------this would all go away. JMHO.

When did McCain release his records? Last I knew he had only let a few select members of the press see them for 3 hours and copies could not be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
The point here is we DO NOT need to see ANYBODIES medical records, BUT why is he so scared to release anything? Was he born a girl, does he have something that he will not live long, WHAT is the big secret that he is afraid to share. After all he is running for the highest office in our country. I'm sure NOTHING on his record will change anybodies mind if they are so inclined to vote for him. SO what is the big secret???????????HUH???????

I am proud to be like me and many others on this forum. We CARE.

Well Basset I am glad that your thoughts and opinions and actions on these threads have brought to your attention how proud you are of yourself. At the end of the day we are the only ones looking in the mirror and it is great to be very pleased with who you see looking back at you!
default_smile.png

Was he born a girl, .

Ok, not funny but for some reason I'm envisioning someone somewhere taking this and running with it as the gospel truth and screaming to the high heavens. And I'm giggling, I know I'm BAD!
default_rolleyes.gif

But I DO feel their medical records should be open, this is someone who wants to run our country, I feel that their health is important to all of us.

om

I agree is looks like he is trying to hide something? If he isnt then he should stop being secretive.

Running for president is TOTALLY different then any of us showing our medical records! Its like being a celebrity-they get all the attention-good or bad- it comes with the territory. If he doesnt want attention, he shouldnt run for president...

I would think it would make more sense to just be up front with info...

Well Basset I am glad that your thoughts and opinions and actions on these threads have brought to your attention how proud you are of yourself. At the end of the day we are the only ones looking in the mirror and it is great to be very pleased with who you see looking back at you!
default_smile.png
I really am. I like myself. I hope you can say the same for yourself. Then we both will be satisfied with WHO we are.
default_wink.png

Well, I as an Air Traffic Controller do have to release all my medical records to the govt...even if I take an asprin...yep. I find it funny that if I, as an Air Traffic Controller, would admit to doing an illegal drug, I would be fired, even if I did it way before I was hired. Why are my standards so high, but not the office of presidency?

I myself heard Sarah Palin say yesterday in a CNN interview that her medical records would show 5 children and no major illnesses *IF* they were released... I don't think in depth medical records should be released on any of the candidates. If a medical statement is released that they are in good health, I'm fine with that. The deep details between a patient and a doctor are not anyone's else's business.

[SIZE=12pt]What kind of a president would Obama be?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Democrat could offer management style similar to current president's[/SIZE]

WASHINGTON - For all Barack Obama's talk about change, there are signs that in style — if not substance — a new White House under Democrat Obama would operate much like the current one under President George W. Bush.

Think discipline, efficiency and secrecy. These are hallmarks of Obama's campaign, just as they have been for the last eight years in the leak-proof, tightly managed Bush administration.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27284073/

If a medical statement is released that they are in good health, I'm fine with that. The deep details between a patient and a doctor are not anyone's else's business.
I agree, Laura. And on matters of National Security... those close to the President - the VP, Speaker of the House, Secretary of State etc. - would also know about any serious issues.

Obama had a partial medical report released back in the spring - with the same amount of detail as we usually hear about a President's yearly check-up - and was healthy. I guess I do not see why it serves any purpose to investigate any such records - aside from mere curiousity and the public's demand to know everything. Or to find fault with everything.*shrug*

A perfectly healthy person could drop dead with no warning. And no medical records could predict that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been staying far, far away from every political thread but for this one, i gotta jump in and ask what the heck difference does it make???

we, INCLUDING either or BOTH candidates, could step off the curb and get hit by a dang bus and end up dead. what on earth can we get from medical records that would make any difference?

the ONLY thing i can even remotely think of would be, perhaps, mental health records but even those should be completely OFF LIMITS.

mental health records but even those should be completely OFF LIMITS.
Unless they can prove they are completely recovered it should be known. Not that they have to show the public, I agree completely there is no need for us to know but in certain issues it might make a difference in your choice, ie someone who think a person is too old at 72 and is expected to drop dead any day.
default_wink.png
I feel some things should be known but like I said if proven wrong the PUBLIC does not have to know.

In essence, McCain only released about the same amount of info. He didnt release his full records. He allowed a few select Drs to have a couple of hours with thousands of pages of records and allowed no note taking. Shoot, with all his cancer and other problems, I doubt they were able to get a full idea of what was going on. And I am fine with that because his Drs said the same about him that Obamas did about him. You cant expect the other guy to do differently than your guy.

This whole thing was brought up because McCain is old(ish), wasn't it? So, he showed off his medical records to show he probably won't croak anytime soon- good for him, but he didn't have to. In fact, none of the candidates have to and I really don't care to see them. I'm not going to show them mine and I have nothing to hide. They are ALL still private American citizens and we the public don't need to be privy to every aspect of their lives.

Just add this to the long list of other things that Obama refuses to release.

A one page summary for 21 years strangely resembles his scant resume!

If Obama is in excellent health then what is the problem with having a team of doctors scan his records like they did McCains?

Would they perhaps find notations of "trouble with nicotine" - "cocaine addiction"?

Might someone find in there a notation of where he was really born!!!

Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign says his campaign will bring a new level of honesty and transparency to the White House. Obama proudly touts that he and Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla, passed a law requiring more transparency via a public database of all federal spending.

But when it comes to offering the public documents about his own public and private activities, Obama’s record for openness gets an "F" grade.

During the heated Democratic primary, Obama complained of the Bush White House being “one of the most secretive administrations in our history” and chided Sen. Hillary Clinton for not releasing her White House schedules.

Ironically, Obama, just days away from possibly being elected president, continues to stonewall a growing chorus of information requests for documents about his legislative, personal health, education, financing, and background -- leaving many voters to cast ballots based on incomplete information.

And serious questions about his past continue to swirl as Election Day looms, fueled in part by his own campaign’s refusal to make relevant documents available.

And the press, usually banging at the door for candidates to make “full disclosure” is strangely quiet about Obama’s stonewalling.

A Newsmax survey of key Obama aspects of Obama’s public and private life continued to be shielded from the public.

Among the examples:

Obama has released just one brief document detailing his personal health. McCain, on the other hands, released what he said was his complete medical file totaling more than 1500 pages. After criticism on the matter, last week the Obama campaign also released some routine lab-test results and electrocardiograms for Obama. All test results appeared normal, but many details about his health remain a mystery.

Obama has refused to offer his official papers as a state legislator in Illinois, and has been unable to produce correspondence, such as letters from lobbyists and other correspondence from his days in the Illinois state senate. There are also no appointment calendars available of his official activities. “It could have been thrown out,” Obama said while on the campaign trail during the Democratic primary. “I haven’t been in the state Senate now for quite some time.”

Obama has not released his client list as an attorney or his billing records. Obama has maintained that he only performed a few hours of legal work for a nonprofit organization with ties to Tony Rezko, the Chicago businessman convicted of fraud in June. But he has not released billing records that would prove this assertion.

Obama won’t release his college records from Occidental College where he studied for two years before transferring to Columbia.

Obama’s campaign refuses to give Columbia University, where he earned an undergraduate degree in political science, permission to release his transcripts. Such transcripts would list the courses Obama took, and his grades. President George W. Bush, and presidential contenders Al Gore and John Kerry, all released their college transcripts. (McCain has refused to release his Naval Academy transcript.)

Obama’s college dissertation has simply disappeared from Columbia Universities archives. In July, in response to a flurry of requests to review Obama’s senior thesis at the Ivy League school, reportedly titled “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament,” Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt told NBC News “We do not have a copy of the course paper you requested and neither does Columbia University.”

The senator has not agreed to the release of his application to the Illinois state bar, which would clear up intermittent allegations that his application to the bar may have been inaccurate.

Jim Geraghty of the National Review has written extensively about Obama’s unwillingness to release records related to clients he represented while he was an attorney with the Chicago law firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill, and Gallard. Obama was required to list his clients during his years in the Illinois senate. “Obama listed every client of the firm,” Geraghty reported, making it impossible to discern which clients he represented.

Obama has never released records from his time at Harvard Law School.

Obama also has not disclosed the names of small donors giving $200 or less to his campaign. An exception to the finance-reporting laws exempts the campaign from reporting those who donate less than $200, but that law never envisioned the more than $300 million that has been raised by Obama in small amounts. The Republican National Committee has released its small donors, as well as McCain’s, on a public database.

On several occasions, the Obama campaign has offered to provide additional information to reporters if they have specific questions or issues. And in some cases, it has done so.

When Internet rumors began to fly that perhaps Obama was born outside the United States, for example, the campaign released images of a birth certificate that verified his birthplace as Honolulu, Hawaii. When that led to suggestions the birth certificate had been altered, the campaign again responded, allowing reporters to examine the actual birth certificate, complete with raised seal. (In late July, according to FactCheck.org, a researcher uncovered an announcement of Obama’s birth in the August 13, 1961 edition of the Honolulu Advertiser).

Such instances of cooperation pale, however, compared to the many unanswered questions surrounding Obama, such as the financing of his education, and requests for the complete release of all donors to his campaign.

Of course, candidates are often reticent to disclose any information that opposition researchers could use against them.

But Politico.com notes that the Obama’s failure to share documents is “part of his campaign’s broader pattern of rarely volunteering information or documents about the candidate, even when relatively innocuous.”

The hue and cry from the media for disclosure usually forces candidates to release sought after documents. But the press has largely acquiesced to Obama’s stonewalling.

Latest posts

Back