Why is it? Life's little mysteries

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
* Why is it that the very same medication that makes the hair on my head fall out, causes the hair on my upper lip to grow?

* Why is it that when you make your dry lot on a hill and it rains, you can walk down to the gate in one giant step but it takes you 321 steps to get back up the same hill?

* Why is it that when I'm working and don't want the horses near, they are literally crawling on my back. And when I want them, they become the gingerbread man (you know: run, run, fast as you can, can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man)

* Why is it that we own 17 acres in a large lot neighborhood and that wild fox must poop on my front porch and not out in a field somewhere?

* Why is it that I find a few little mouse poops in my barn, set traps and catch 23 of those little beggers?

* Why is it that my phone never rings unless I go to the bathroom?

* Why is it that my horses will come in off the grass in the pasture to poop in the dry lot where I've got to clean it up?

* Why is it that my dirty clothes can reproduce in the hamper?

* Why is it that my grass dies in the yard but the weeds grow...well.....sorta like weeds?

* Why is it that none of my dogs are smart enough to learn that skunks smell bad?

* Why does my fancy, very expensive bread machine make crackers instead of bread?

* Why does my dog shed copious amount of hair in the winter? Doesn't she need that?

That's all I can think of now, feel free to add some of your own.

Love this thread!!!

• Why is it that if it's within 2-3 hours of dinner time and my elderly neighbors happen to step outside of their house, our horses whinny and nicker to them as if they will feed them? ... in 12 years, they have never fed them. Talk about unending optimism!
  • Why is it that the sight of me in a dress absolutely freaks my little horses out, but it makes my big horse/s very happy? ("someone" must know I don't ride in a dress!)
  • Why is it that even though snow makes it harder to take care of horses, I always hope it will snow?
  • Why is it than when I hear a "new" (to me) word, then I hear it repeatedly from multiple sources for the next couple of weeks?
  • Why is it that when my little dog, Watson, lays on his back, kicks his feet, growls, grumbles and barks until I scratch him some more, I think he's charming and I giggle, but if the same thing happens with in a 2-legged kid, it is the same as a temper tantrum, which I find beyond annoying.

Great thread!

Apart from the phone ringing when one is in the bathroom, why is it also always the time that a visitor will arrive and send the dogs frantic and the cats scattering for cover?

Bathroom again! Why is it that when in the shower and covered with soapy bubbles, someone somewhere turns on the hose/tap or flushes the downstairs loo and the water abruptly stops!

Why is it that immediately after I have cleaned the windows it starts to rain, but worse still the cats always decide to enter the house via a window, scrabbling with their dirty wet paws instead of their usual route via the cat flap?

Why is it that when I meet somene out shopping I recognise their face but can never recall their name?

Must think of some more! (why is it that the brain wont work when you want it too! LOL!!)

Why is it that my cats have access to the cat boxes 24 hrs a day, but if I go to clean them, suddenly OMG I *must* use it NOW! One after the other.

Why is it if you drop something, like buttered bread or a still wet painting etc, it lands butter/paint side down?

Why must fools fall in love, why do they fall in lu-ove?

Why must my big horse poop inside his run-in in his shavings during the summer and out in the snow all winter long?

Why can't he poop out all year long?

Why does the phone ring just when we sit down to dinner?

Why does my dog have to bark from inside everytime someone walks up or down the road?

Love reading these!

oOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why is it my matched pair of socks becomes one as the other disappears forever into the maw of the washer (I don't have the issue with the dryer like some of my friends)?

Why is it now, I can't remember any of the 1/2 dozen ones I was going to write?

How come it rains once I put horses out but if I leave them in b/c its supposed to rain it doesnt?

How come I can manage to stay clean while cleaning 30 stalls and watering but I step out check them before an appointment I somehow get filthy?

How come all of the barn cats swarm me every day...except when the vet comes to vaccinate them?

How come a barn cat will survive anything..until you get it spayed/neutered?

Why does the pony I always want manage to evade me while EVERYONE else in the pasture is up my tail?

How does a 1lb box of candy make me gain 5lbs?

Why does my horse suddenly forget what we mastered in the arena at home infront of the judge?

Why does the horse who jumps out of her paddock refuse at a 6"crossrail?

how come when you want to buy something specific nobody has it-until you have paid an inflated price-then everyone has one for sale.

Why when you watch a movie an actor appears over and over in the next random year show/movie you watch?

Why won't the whitest horse I own roll in the snow but rolls in the dirt straightaway after a bath?

Why do my kids pester me when I'm on the phone but ignore me most other times?

...too be continued lol. (Great post!)

Thoroughly enjoying these. Mostly just agreeing with many of them, so don't have any of my own to add.

Why is it that my little dog, who has lived with us for about 7 years now, has suddenly become terrified of...........ready?.......spoons. Sigh

Why is it that it snows as soon as my decks are shovelled?

Why is it that if I say "I'm going to bed early!" I will always , every single time, end up having to stay up even later than my normal bedtime?

Why is it that if I have to pack water the animal in question will use the bucket for a bathroom and eat snow instead?

Why is it that if I must be some where for an early appointment someone will call me and want to talk on the phone forever so I must rush when I finally get off the phone.

Why is it that my purse is heavy with change until I must park in a parking lot that charges a fee and then I either can't find a coin larger than a nickel or all I have will get twice as much time as I will actually use?

Why would a big blue crane want to be out in the middle of the highway?

AND why would it want to be out in highway just as I am approaching that spot?

WHY (sorry for yelling) oh why would it have to be in a curve, since applying your automobile brakes in a curve is really dangerous according to my high school drivers ed teacher.

And why could it not have been a small bird rather than a big bird?

And if it had to be a big dumb rude bird, why oh why could it not have at least been one that could take flight quickly and get out of the way instead of acting like a helicopter trying to get some lift but not bothering to engage forward motion?

Latest posts

Back