Why I love our minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxane Martin

Reaction score
Back from 2-week vacation and was sitting on a stool out in the dry lot with our 4 minis, including the mare who's foal was stillborn. All of them gathered around me and we started a mutual grooming fest. I scratched the mare's withers--she nuzzled me--another mare nuzzled her--Prince licked my neck--it just went round robin, with all getting scratched and nuzzled.

It was really all so special to me--the 5 of us (4 horses and one human) demonstrating our herd-bonding to each other. I still bask in that glow!

Just thought I'd share. Have you "herd-bonding" stories?

Roxane

During the night check of my girls, I sit with each of them for a while and pat them and scratch their withers. The youngest, Madison, will start scratching my back every time; it feels so good (and she's very gentle)
default_wub.png
:

My best herd bonding is when, at my "older" age of almost 42, my horses allow me to run with them - something I only dreamed of as a kid when I pretended I was a horse. They "keep up with me", we have grooming sessions, and I am the hero for picking choice grasses through the electric fence.

My girls know it is safe to be around me... they will remain down when I enter the barn and when Intrepid foaled Nefertiti on May 22nd, they both whinnied to me when I came in the barn and everyone else whinnied. Safe to say, I am one of them.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back