Why Drive in the dark?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropenride

Reaction score
Just watching the end of the World Show, and curious why they are driving all the horses in the dark without a spotlight. Hubby finally got interested in the driving classes and was actually looking forward to the Parade of Driving Grand Champions....and we couldn't see them! Very disappointing. A spotlight would've been nice.

There were supposed to be spotlights - but they failed to work. Some kind of technical glitch. They should have brought the arena lights back up at that point....

There were supposed to be spotlights - but they failed to work. Some kind of technical glitch. They should have brought the arena lights back up at that point....
Actually the spotlights were just fine....we wish we had left the lights up until after the grand driving parade but unfortunately the facility turned them off a bit premature and they are the type of lights that take 15-30 minutes to come back up. We won't put a spotlight on the driving horses for safetys sake. We've tried and it is just not pretty....

Sorry about that all - we sure will try to do better next year!

Oh well, mistakes happen... I was only going by what someone there had reported... I have seen spots work on driving horses - as long as the other lights were up a bit as well - that eliminated the problematical shadows and potential spooking...
default_yes.gif

I would have preferred that the Grand Finale be held 15 -30 minutes to allow the lights to come back on rather than having the horses driving in the dark. One of the highlights of the show went unseen by the over 300 people watching across the world.

And how do the judges compare one horse against the other to award Supreme champion when they cannot see the other horses?
default_unsure.png

Maybe it was actually lighter and easier to see if you were in the arena rather then watching it on webcam?

I would think in person the lighting would be a bit different

Latest posts

Back