Why does EVERYBODY attack Palin>??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_...ching_the_truth

"Major news outlets have written such fact-checking articles for years. "But in the last two election cycles, the very notion that the facts matter seems to be under assault," said Michael X. Delli Carpini, an authority on political ads at the University of Pennsylvania's Annenberg School for Communication. "Candidates and their consultants seem to have learned that as long as you don't back down from your charges or claims, they will stick in the minds of voters regardless of their accuracy or at a minimum, what the truth is will remain murky, a matter of opinion rather than fact.""

Matt, don't worry about the comments of a few in here. They are making fools of themselves with the idiotic and untruthful comments in here. I hope they realize that their behaviour reflects a lack of as we say in french "savoire vivre", lack of manners for a loose translation. I am sure they think they are being funny and amusing by making such ridiculous statement when in fact they are only making themselves look very foolish.
Wow, very harsh statements...why do some feel it necessary to try to belittle others to make themselves look better? I don't know why you all are getting so worked up about an election that quite frankly you can't even vote in...

Matt, you should start a thread to see if we can discuss our own elections here. I would love to hear from those that will be voting (canadians) or anyone that has knowledge about what each of our political parties are offering us this time
You should do that...I really like the part about hearing from those who will be voting or anyone that has knowledge about what each of our political parties are offering....interesting that you added that!

I also find it interesting that some of the Canadians think they know it all about America....you DO NOT live here, have no idea what it is like to live here in this time, do not pay taxes here...you know what you see on tv (be it U.S stations or Canadian)...you really have no clue. I don't want to hear you have relatives that live in the U.S or live close to the border....unless you live here, pay taxes, you don't have a clue...just as I have no clue what things are really like in Canada...nor do I know what exactly would be best for YOUR country, difference is, I wouldn't claim too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure many of you have seen some of the things a couple of Canadian citizens have been posting, I just want to say I have many friends in Canada and my inlaws are Canadian, PLEASE do not judge Canada as a whole by what these two post
default_no.gif
. There are many Canadians who aren't anti-US and great people
default_yes.gif

There are many Canadians who aren't anti-US and great people .
I have met many wonderful Canadians and I have nothing against them. Of all these political threads, there has been disagreements, debates, and defensiveness. There has been good info, there has been bad, there have been great points from both sides, but no where have I seen anyone calling someone else ridiculous or foolish and trying to belittle someone else.....(of course I haven't ready every single word).....her comments may of been referrring to me or someone else, it doesn't really matter....it does not have to be personal, but it appears some wish it to be, that's too bad. I just don't think that kind of arrogance has any place here, it's very disheartning to see how rude some can be. Oh well, to each their own I suppose...I personal don't like living with that kind of anger, it must be very trying....
default_smile.png

Sonya, my words were to everyone reading and I am sure some are offened by what some Canadians are saying. I just wanted other readers to know that not all Canadians are this way and not to judge by just a few who want to constantly be negative about the US. I totally agree with everythnig you have posted on this matter. I personally don't think it's my place to debate why their country has faults and who is to blame, I do not live there, pay taxes and deal day to day with Canadian life so who am I to judge what's best for them.

Your rose colored glasses are working perfectly then
default_aktion033.gif

. There has been good info, there has been bad, there have been great points from both sides, but no where have I seen anyone calling someone else ridiculous or foolish and trying to belittle someone else.....(of course I haven't ready every single word).....
Well, to be fair - there have been a few Americans in these threads who have sneered, belittled and been more than rude at times to other posters.... just saying. You cannot Blame Canada for that...
default_wink.png

I also find it interesting that some of the Canadians think they know it all about America....you DO NOT live here, have no idea what it is like to live here in this time, do not pay taxes here...you know what you see on tv (be it U.S stations or Canadian)...you really have no clue.
Speaking only for myself...

I do live here.

I do know what it is like.

I do pay taxes.

I do have a clue.

Many clues, in fact.

Sadly, many Americans - including most of my friends - only go by what they see on TV. Or some of the bizarre nonsense that often circulates via viral emails etc. .... a lot of which is designed to be flammable... on both sides.

I think that Canadians taking part in these threads are not pretending to know it all about the US - but are all too aware of how any Presidential Election aftects them - and the rest of the Free World. And even the not-so-free world....

Why is it you insist on provoking people? Wait, let me guess, you haven't. I guess you are reading things differently then I. If you have "a little extra time" why don't you do something useful and productive with it, sad really sad
default_no.gif

I'm waiting for my hair to dry before I go to a wedding. If I'm too productive, I'll mess it up!

I'm sorry you feel that my asking for facts and proof when people say things is 'provoking'.

Well, to be fair - there have been a few Americans in these threads who have sneered, belittled and been more than rude at times to other posters.... just saying. You cannot Blame Canada for that
That is too bad, as I said I haven't read every thread/post, don't have time. I am not blaming Canada as being rude, I was blaming the poster that I had quoted, it just so happens she is from Canada. I'm sure no one appreciates being told they are foolish and whatever else she had said.

The fact that Canada is interested in our politics is a good thing, I did say that I feel that Canadians are not qualified to say what is best for the U.S. since they do not live here, just as I wouldn't claim to know what is best for their country and their people.

Speaking only for myself...I do live here.

I do know what it is like.

I do pay taxes.

I do have a clue.

Many clues, in fact.

Sadly, many Americans - including most of my friends - only go by what they see on TV. Or some of the bizarre nonsense that often circulates via viral emails etc. .... a lot of which is designed to be flammable... on both sides.
You are from the U.S. and your opinion does matter to me, even if I don't totally agree with it. You are correct many people do tend to be followers of what they see/hear without researching it for themselves...that goes no matter what side of the fence you stand on or I guess what country you are from.

I do not need to go back through posts and qoute things, people who are reading these threads and/or have read threads from the past from some of these same people can see for themselves what has been said. This just didn't start with these election threads, there is a history of it. See what you will makes no difference to me, my point was and is that Canada is full of wonderful people and not to be turned off from what you see here. But then again you were swayed to vote differently by a few so this concept isn't something you seem to understand. Hope your hair turns out fabulous and you have a great time.

Matt, don't worry about the comments of a few in here. They are making fools of themselves with the idiotic and untruthful comments in here. I hope they realize that their behaviour reflects a lack of as we say in french "savoire vivre", lack of manners for a loose translation. I am sure they think they are being funny and amusing by making such ridiculous statement when in fact they are only making themselves look very foolish.

I think the ABOVE comment is completely uncalled for. As a Proud American - I don't like being called that personally and I don't think ANYONE should be called that.

Lisa, my comment was about the comment made about Obama and terrorism and muslim, etc. There was another comment as well to this effect from Marty. Not sure what thread. I care for Marty deeply, she is a fine lady, a good friend. My comment was regarding the "statements" not the person or people. I am sorry if you feel those statements to be factual or accurate, personally I found them repugnant and truly uncalled for and reaching pretty low to discret him. I believe that any kind of derogatory statements toward anyone running in your election, McCain/Palin, Obama/Biden especially when unfounded and unproven doesn't add to any debate but is divisive and non productive in discussions. If I offended anyone in trying to voice the above I apologize as that is what I was trying to convey, nothing more, nothing less.

I am sorry you are right, it wasn't you it was bingo, I guess I have a hard time separating you two for some reason, my bad.

I am sure many of you have seen some of the things a couple of Canadian citizens have been posting, I just want to say I have many friends in Canada and my inlaws are Canadian, PLEASE do not judge Canada as a whole by what these two post
default_no.gif
. There are many Canadians who aren't anti-US and great people
default_yes.gif

Huh? Where have I been American bashing? Where have I been disrespectful?

You are from the U.S. and your opinion does matter to me, even if I don't totally agree with it. You are correct many people do tend to be followers of what they see/hear without researching it for themselves...that goes no matter what side of the fence you stand on or I guess what country you are from.
Exactly right, Sonya... but just to be clear - I am Canadian and here as a Legal Resident... so maybe I have a unique perspective of seeing things from both sides of the border.

I care deeply about what happens here and I like to examine the facts and issues on all sides - even if I lean left. I find the snipey ads that are being run on TV of late a waste of time and $$... instead of nitpicking at each other I wish the candidates would address actual issues of concern...
default_wacko.png

Danielle_E - I don't know you except on the INTERNET, but I almost always enjoy your post.

This one just really shocked and surprised me. The word themselves - I just don't think name calling and yes I do consider the word Fool - as name calling. I just do NOT like that word - whether it was directed at me or anyone else.

At the same time I realize Political debates can get touchy - I will not even bring up politics around my father-in-law.

I was just stating my opinion.

Back