Obama's poll leads grow less than a month before vote

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowriseMinis

Reaction score
I've also heard that a lot of these polls don't include newly registered voters, of which Obama's pulled in quite a few. Good stuff!
default_laugh.png

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Oct. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Barack Obama widened his lead over Republican presidential rival John McCain in two national polls and is maintaining an edge in two daily tracking polls with less than a month to go before the election.
An NBC-Wall Street Journal poll found Obama supported by 49 percent of registered voters, a 6-point margin over McCain. Two weeks ago an NBC-Journal poll put Obama's lead at 2 points.

Obama led McCain 53 percent to 45 percent among likely voters in a CNN-Opinion Research Corp. survey, up from a 4-point advantage for the Democrat in September. Obama's lead widened to 14 points, 56 percent to 42 percent, among registered voters.

He also is ahead by 8 points in a Gallup Inc. daily tracking poll of registered voters, the 10th straight day he's held a statistically significant lead in that survey. A Diageo-Hotline tracking poll showed Obama getting 47 percent to McCain's 41 percent.

A CBS News poll, however, showed the race tightening. The Oct. 3-5 survey of 875 registered voters gave Obama a 47 percent to 43 percent lead. The poll's margin of error was 3 percentage points. Obama led by 8 points, 49 percent to 41 percent, in a CBS survey taken Sept. 27-30.

All five polls were conducted after the first presidential debate and the vice presidential debate, and after Congress passed and President George W. Bush signed a $700 billion financial rescue plan designed to unlock credit markets and restore confidence in the banking system.

Bush's Record Low

Bush's record-low unpopularity is hurting McCain, said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

``Bush's approval rating is as low as Richard Nixon's was on the day he resigned, and a growing number of Americans think John McCain's policies will be similar to Bush's,'' Holland said. Twenty-four percent of respondents in the CNN poll said they approved of the job Bush is doing and 74 percent said they disapproved.

No matter which candidate they supported, 60 percent of likely voters surveyed by CNN said they expected Obama would win Nov. 4.

Half of the registered voters surveyed by CNN were asked if Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee, was qualified to be president: 57 percent said she wasn't and 43 percent said she was. Among the half of registered voters who were asked if Senator Joe Biden of Delaware is qualified, 80 percent said yes and 18 percent said no.

Biden, Palin

The NBC-Journal poll found 74 percent of those questioned said Biden was qualified to step into the Oval Office while 41 percent said they believe Palin is qualified.

That survey also found that 50 percent of those questioned said Obama and Biden won their debates with the Republican candidates, compared with 29 percent who viewed McCain and Palin as the winners.

The CNN, Gallup and Diageo-Hotline polls were conducted Oct. 3-5. The NBC-Journal poll was conducted Oct. 4-5. CNN gave the margin of error for its poll of 919 registered voters as 3 percentage points and 3.5 percentage points for the subgroup of 694 likely voters. The margin for the NBC-Journal poll of 658 registered voters was plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.

The tracking polls are a rolling average of results of each day's polling over the period. Gallup gives a margin or error of plus or minus 2 percentage points for its survey; The Diageo- Hotline poll has a 3.3 percentage point margin of error.

lot of these polls don't include newly registered voters, of which Obama's pulled in quite a few
....As he should since ACORN is out there still doing his dirty work (unbeknown to him of course
default_pinocchio.gif
)

October 7 2008

By Mary Pat Flaherty

Nevada state officials on Tuesday morning raided the Las Vegas office of ACORN as part of an investigation into alleged voter fraud by the organization which conducts voter registration drives nationally in its work with low-income communities.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...ces_raided.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay,,,,

I hope it holds until the election!!! After 8 years of Bush, this will make me happy!

Good. They should check all states. Thanks for the link. I bet they were really surprised when they came in and found their things confiscated.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
There is just not enough questions raised about this. A woman on tv openly admitted they urged people to vote for Obama. Very illegal. You can't tell a person who to vote for just be cause you took them to the polls. Then all at once she realized what she said and says "I gotta go". How about that?????? I hope they catch a few more and check them out. And I would be against this no matter WHO was doing it. Anyone who wants to win by cheating is not worth anything in my book.

Now, I DID NOT say Obama did this but the Dems are the ones taking homeless people to register and vote. One guy they picked up at the bus station, went and registered and voted and then got on his bus to Chicago. Do you think he maybe will vote again or even more than that? hmmmmm I just wonder.

Oh I hope it holds. Moreover, I hope that exit polls hold as well. Dont know why people didnt wonder why people polled one way but votes went another. Anyone say 'hacking democracy'???

I agree, after 8 years of Bush we need Obama. McCain will just bring another 4 years of the same. McCain has shown poor judgement with the economy in the past, has stated he knows little, and his econ mentor stated that we were a nation of whiners. Personally, I am tired of the Trickle Down theory of things. People up that high dont have the morals to let anything but horseapples trickle down.
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back