Vice Presidential Candidates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
The National Conventions are over, Obama and McCain have picked thier Vice President running mates and the race is on.

If you were to have had any input on the picks who would you have suggested for a running mate. Since Joe Biden and Sarah Palin have already been picked you CANNOT pick from these two.

On the Democratic side my original pick for an overall slate probably would have been Clinton/Edwards. Since neither won as their preidential candidates I thought they would have made good running mates for Obama. But, I can undersand why he might not have picked either one.

On the Republican side I was having a problem. There were some good possible candidates but I wasn't sure they were right for the ticket. Maybe safe, but not right. I was thinking that a posssible female candidate might be what the ticket needed. There were several McCain could have picked from. For me, I guess Sarah Palin was flying under the radar. Now that I know more about her I can see why she was picked.

My serious consideration for McCain was Carly Forina. Having worked for HP I was familiar with her. She is a well spoken highly qualified woman. Personally I would like to see Presidential candidates come out of industry rather than politics. Carly would have fit that. In the long run she is serving McCain well as McCain’s Victory ’08 Chairman for the Republican National Committee. I love their choice of the word "Victory" but hope that it isn't too optomistic.

Ok, those are my picks, what are yours. Remember Joe Biden and Sarah Palin have already been picked so you can't pick from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't follow the Dems at all.

My choice for Reps would have been Condoleeza Rice. She's a strong woman too and would have been a great candidate in my opinion.

I don't follow the Dems at all. My choice for Reps would have been Condoleeza Rice. She's a strong woman too and would have been a great candidate in my opinion.
My choice too.
default_aktion033.gif

I agree that Condoleeza Rice would have been a great VP pick. Better than Palin, IMO. She has lots of international diplomatic experience and well-earned respect. I wonder if she was approached - or even considered...

Obama's pick? I am not sure. I still think that Hillary might have made a good choice but can also see why he would not use her. This one I will have to think on for a bit...

I'm not at all displeased with Obama's pick, but I have a handful of Dems I would have been just as happy to see in his place. Hard to narrow it down!

For McCain, I also would have loved to see Condie.

I would have liked to seen Lieberman get on the ticket, he ran with Gore before if you remember. Not a Gore fan though. Liberman is an Independent/Democrat which is confusing but he as an Independent i think he would have made a good fit with McCain. Pawlenty, my governor also would have done well as a running mate with McCain.

Not sure about Obama choices but there are some Dem's i would have liked to see get the nomination other then Obama/Biden.

But i am a firm believer that the power is held in our congress and those people get elected without much thought by most people. That is where the people should study and concentrate on. Pres. can veto but congress can override with a 2/3 vote. But that is a whole different subject. Sorry i rambled on.

Latest posts

Back