Who's NOT going to Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
I'm not--my shopping list is going to Tulsa with a friend, but I'll be here at home....on holidays, so I'll be able to chat here & keep an eye on the show results as they're put up on the site...assuming my internet connection is working. Having trouble with our phone line & when the line is bad, I have no internet...

Anyway, I've got some great stuff coming back from Nationals--I figure this is better, because if I were to actually go to Nationals I wouldn't afford to shop while I was there, and there's still these items I need..it's like Christmas when I go pick my stuff up from my friend, especially this year since at the same time we'll be bringing home our new palomino colt :bgrin

Meantime I've got to be busy doing some fencing so that we can move horses around & make room for that new colt....and I've got lots of driving work to do....our new Smart Cart should be arriving in the next week or so...they called the middle of last week & it was being boxed up for shipment, only 2 weeks after they cashed my deposit cheque. So, I've got to have one of these green harness horses ready to hitch up to that for a test drive.

So, who else will be here to talk to while the majority are in Tulsa??

We're not going.......but plan to next year.
default_yes.gif
:

I can't go but will be wishing the best of luck to those deserving. It will be so much fun to see what the judges pick this year. I am sure all of you going will have a great time and come back with good memories. I also hope that all of you take lots of pictures and share them with us hombodies! Mary

I will be home here in DELAWARE with my horses.I'm hoping to go next year just to watch, but I'll just fly out for a few days.Bad back issues really prevent a ride that long for me.But I'll be in Buffalo at AMHR Convention.

We'll be here..Spent most of today trying to re-do/adjust a darn cheap harness for SHammy my buckskin mare..I have a web one that fits her and works but wanted a leather and no money for now so caved and bought a russet leather one I thnk wasprobably made in Tawain or somewhere!

Our other horse a gelding has a nice black leather Amish made harness that came with him and fits well..I love it but its too big on her and besides we both like to drive so need two..

Needless to say I will be saving money on a good Ludtke or similar harness in near future! Smuckers is great but we don't show, we trail drive. I have a Lignite cart made for her and I really love it! I will use it not only for trails which already found does well, but for parades and occasional open show in driving.

She's a "b" size 34,1/2" and Quater horse style so will have to measure and order ..was hoping to find a good used harness but $300.00 up is out of our league right now for us old retired people..

anyway have friend with two horses going to Nationals and will be rooting for her..her first time there.

SHe has a 34" gelding in 2yr old, over and a 34" mare in over mares.

OK too much info I know so will stop for now,

Maxine

Lizzie was going to go but due to other reasons were had to stay home. Hoping that we can go next year. We are going over to the Hopkinton Fair tomorrow.

I'm not going, but will, once again, be on pins and needles to hear how Destiny and Erica do!!! :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

I'll also be here but I have 2 minis that will be showing.................... :aktion033: :aktion033:

We're not going this year due to the fact that if I were to go this year I'd only be bringing a couple. And for us to travel all the way down there I would really like to bring a nice group and next year I'm hoping we'll have a nice strong group. I have alot of young horses now that just need to grow up. Good luck to all of you that are going to Tulsa Hope to see you next year! ~Jessica

I'll be here keeping minomar, PaintNMinis, minv, Buckskin gal, LindaL, bevann, MInx, MyLilShowGirl, Dreamlandnh, Jill, Firefall, midnight star stables and Jessica 06, company !!

I am not going either.

BUT I am going to Worlds. I am not allowed to make the drive as I am supposed to get out and walk every hour of a car ride, and well, that would make the 20 hour drive way too much and Judy would kill me. Soooo, she and Libby are driving the horses and I am flying. Then, I get to sit back and just watch as one horse is Judy's, one is Libby's and the third (mine) is one just passing through on her way to quarantine and off to Belgium from there.

I didn't get to go to either last year, and I so missed it.

Next year, we plan on doing Nationals. We just can't do both shows. We did that once and were we and the horses tired, and bank accounts were hurtin big time.

I wanted to go this year but am student teaching this semister and we were told not to even think about missing a single day. So there goes that idea.

I'm hoping to make it there next year though.
default_yes.gif
: Maybe I can even kidnap Jill and take her along for a few days.
default_yes.gif
:

Have fun with your student teaching, Sheryl! I start my teaching Tuesday and am excited to be back at it. I'm not going either. Maybe someday ...

Staying home - Daughter's wedding in May ran us out of money AND energy!

By the way Miss Sheryl - is that how they spell semester in TN??? :eek:

Best of luck to those who are going - safe passage!

Havent found out yet, due to we may be adopting my cousins
default_wacko.png
: at the same time. But if we do, its just for shopping/watching

Latest posts

Back