Whoo Hooo for Mouse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
Today I turned Mouse out into my QH corral while he was out in the big turnout. I've been letting her out there because it is big enough she can move around but small enough I don't have that much trouble catching her.

I have left her halter on her since we got her here because it aids in catching her too. There is no danger of her getting it caught on anything in the stall she is in.

BUT.....today, after I brought her back in.....I took the halter off. She seemed pretty happy about it. Then about an hour later, I went in to feed her rooster. She always goes in the barn with me. She went in as normal, I reached out and was rubbing her back and shoulder WITHOUT the halter on her. She stood for it!!!

It's really too bad she has vision problems. You should see this girl move! BEAUTIFUL trot!
default_yes.gif
:

That's good to hear! I hope she realizes she's in a safe place....you sure can't blame her for being cautious, but it will be so nice for her to feel safe and relaxed around you
default_smile.png

I keep forgetting to tell you all that I realized that Phoebe has a banty friend now too! This little poult hatched earlier in the summer, and unlike the others, she can't fly up to the rafters. I'm not sure whats wrong with her. So, Since Phoebe's stall has a gate on it she goes into her stall to sleep at night. I find them resting in the shavings together
default_smile.png
. And Phoebe seems to actually like her. I just think it's sort of ironic since Mouse has her little banty friend...

Latest posts

Back