Whoo-Hoo!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitsfizz

Reaction score
OK, so it is not a show cart- I am still hoping to import from source on that one- but it is CHEAP!!!

I had one cart stolen and the wheels off the other went at the same time so I was down to the "breaking" cart which I have driven out in but would not really want to be seen in!!

So, at the moment I have, all over my living room floor boxes which are full of my new cart.

The wheels look a bit small- 20"- and no chance I do not think of getting larger ones from the same source as these come in from China (they must think we are NUTS!!) and negotiation is not they best point but I will try- or just import some from the US!!

It is a super little vehicle- easy entry, all black, springs under the seat (which I did not have previously) If I EVER get it put together I will put up pictures.

I am going to be able to take off the shafts and carry it in the body of the Van- so my mares will all be shuffling around so I can't see them- they need not worry- I have plans now I have seen the size of it to harness train my little Appy Chap- he is 28" but built like an outhouse so he could pull me easily- oh the advantages of being 90lbs and owning Minis!!!

I am made up, I really am, I needed a boost and I have got one.

(Well, I got two, but the first was due to our dear Debs, and was spiritual)

OK I have to try and work this out now- I cannot follow instructions but I am good at sorting things out and all the pieces are present- it has a metal swingletree and I would have preferred a wood one but, again, if it is worth it I can import one.

It is going to do me as a runabout and it cost $300.00 DELIVERED!!!!

:new_multi: :new_multi:

Ooh and I got a harness, also black, only webbing but very well padded, from the same place, for $150.00- it fits Rabbit so it will fit almost everything I have.

Rabbit gave me a hard look when I tried it on but I would not even suggest he pulled a cart, even as a joke- he has nothing to fear!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very interesting Rabbitsfizz.

How much was the overall weight of the parcel?

Look forward to seeing photos of it when you finish the jigsaw.
default_yes.gif
:

HEAVY!!!

The postage was £8.00GBP- it comes from China!!

I did not buy direct and I am in the process of negotiating extra shafts and wheels- they are cautiously optimistic that they may be able to get them- The shafts on this vehicle are short- 48 inches in total, ie from the cart to the end, but that will do the tinies.

I need 52" shafts for the taller mare- I needed 52" shafts for the 33" mare (to the withers) I did last year, which is what I was going on- she is leggy.

Even if I cannot get the stuff I want I am still doing a happy dance- carefully, as my living room is now full of nuts and bolts, boxes, wheels and Dobermanns!!

Wheeeeee!!!!! :lol:

It sounds like a nice one Jane and I'm tickled and so glad to "hear" the "happy" in your post! I'll be hoping to see a photo of it soon!

There's my happy Jane :aktion033: I was glad to have helped my dear...you just needed a small clearing.
default_wub.png
:

YAY!! Looking forward to some driving pics from your side of the world! :D :aktion033:

Oh boy, the fun begins!! Ha, did you get it all together yet? The 20" wheels are normal here on the easy entry carts.

We expect to see you zipping around now in your new toy!! Merry Xmas to you! :aktion033:

Congratulations Jane! Glad to hear you will be on the road again!!! Nice to hear the excitement and real joy in your post - from a fellow driving enthusiast, a BIG congratulations!!!

:aktion033: Congratulations Jane :aktion033:

i know exactly what you mean. I finally got Charlie out on Saturday in ours, oh what joy

keep us posted about how you get on

:saludando:

Alright Jane! :aktion033: Like everyone else I am so pleased to hear the excitement in your voice. That's wonderful! You deserve a turn of good luck. Be sure to share pictures when you get it assembled.
default_yes.gif
:

Leia

THATS GREAT NEWS JANE!!!!!!! :aktion033:

its about time your luck changed, now jump in it and drive on over to Ireland its just across the pond.....and me and joanne will meet ya!!!!!!!! with some hot stew.......your cart and harness sounds really interesting, i got mine on saturday, and had twinkle driving and he went like a dream, its a fantastic feeling, i couldnt wipe the smile off my face.....im so happy for you
default_yes.gif
:

now we want pictures!!!!!!!!!! whenever you eventually get it put together lol, and dont forget to lock it up!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds very much like the carts we have coming through the Saddlery Warehouse stores here in New Zealand. And for the price, they are great little carts to get started on.

I'll look forward to seeing pics once you get it all sorted out. :bgrin

sweecart.jpg

Wow- that is EXACTLY it!!!!

They are great fun aren't they??

Now if I can just work out how to fit the seat on the body!!

Hey Rabbits, that looks like my frontier cart. The seat may have 'threads' built into the bottom of it and the bolts screw right up into those. They will be invisible to you, but the top of those threads is actually the 'female' part of the bolt. (like a garden hose coupling- one fits into the other) They are anchored inside your seat into the wood.

Does that sound like it? Your seat should line up with the holes already made in the metal that the seat sits on, and the bolts will go right up inside the seat through those. Hope that helps. I only know this as I recovered the seat on mine recently and had to buy these new fittings too- but I forget what those things are called- just recognized them when I got to the hardware store.

This is my first reply......yea on the cart.....I am in the process of training my mini to drive but don't have a cart yet....I live in Connecticut, where can I find an easy entry cart and how much should I expect to pay....Lee

YAY! You can't beat that with a stick! $300 and shipped! WOW! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures when you get it put together. :~)

Rabbit probably thought you'd done lost your mind, lol.

~Karen

Jane,

I'm so happy for you. It sounds like such fun.

We can get nice carts fairly easily here. Shortly after I bought Bandit I bought a cart and harness. He had been ground driven some before I bought him. I finally got him harnessed and looked the situation over and decided I needed someone to teach me before I could teach him. I took off the harness and put it away. Searched for someone within reasonable distance who would train him for me (and hopefully train me also). No luck. I finally sold the cart and harness. Someday . . . . . I really want to learn to hook up and drive a cart. I think it would be great fun.

Aww JAne you sound SO happy and that makes me happy too. I looked at a company in China and considered it but thought it would not be strong enough to do me at my "Zoftig" size:) Congratulations and enjoy! Can't wait to see pictures.

Maxine :aktion033:

Back