Who hosts your website?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTS@Sawmill River

Reaction score
Just wondering who everyone uses as their web hosts? We are wanting to build a website for our Shetland ponies, and we want the best server I can possibly find..... We have a web designer who designed and maintains our Mini website, but I would like to design and maintain a website for our shetlands.

What suggestions can you give me?

I just put our website together in December. I used a place called DogWebs. I liked it because he just set up the pages with the background and heading that I wanted, then I put all the pictures and info on it. It was really easy to do. If I can do it, anybody can. I like it because I can just go on it and edit it anytime, I don't have to send somebody the info and pictures , then wait for them to get it on the website. You can look at our site at: Visit My Website if you want to see what it is like. There is a link on our last page to his website or it is: Visit My Website

www.Freewebs.com is what I used and I thought it was very easy to make and keep up
default_smile.png

You just pick a background and then you ad headers and pages and pictures and whatever else you want.

Not expensive either.

My friend Jenese is the host of my site. it's SOOO user friendly and easy to mantain. She very reasonably priced as well.

this is her e-mail addy. [email protected] She does the initial set up and the owner can put up photo's and do as much as they want to it. I'm bad about keeping mine up and stuff but it's REALLY easy to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jean Barnhill does ours, and I really like working with her. I have some updates I need to send to her and just have not got around to it. The worst problem with a website is me.
default_smile.png

Our youngest daughter made/updates our website. And it is hosted though www.Gate.com.

We never have problems with it. and i we have used this hosting place for several years. I think the cost per year is around $120

I started with Freewebs. Have to say they are very easy to do and follow up on. Altho my account is free (I have not upgraded yet) I have been thinking on upgrading soon. Good thing about Freewebs is altho they have ads up top of the header if your account is free, they are not pop-ups and they are not very many so as to swamp your visitor and distract them. Am really thinking about staying with them when I upgrade.

I went through Yahoo and LOVE it. It's easy to build and maintain using sitebuilder, is reasonable per month, lets me load tons of photo's and even video's easily, etc. Cant say enough good things about it. www.victorypassstable.com

~Jen~

Mine is hosted through Earthlink.net and has been for many years. They do a great job and I've never known my site to be down. It's easy for me to update my site, too. It is more expensive that others ($19.95/mo) but works so well that I've not been motivated enough to switch it to a less expensive provider.

[SIZE=14pt]www.whinny4me.com[/SIZE]

Mine is thru Freewebs, but I did upgrade to the premium account. If I can do it on there anyone can. I have never had any problems with them or the site. I have had them 4 years.

Hi Kristina,

I just finished a site for my Husbands Photography. It was so easy, and I think it came out pretty good for my first try at a somewhat professional looking site.

Making modifications and updates are so easy.

It is $19.95 a month. It is through www.Homestead.com Here is my husbands site, www.MihalkoPhotography.com

I had someone from my hometown do mine.. pcdudes.com they did the basic outline, I designed the color and they linked the pages together and I added everything else and do all the updating myself. Works great for me.

Larry's been building our new website AND two more for other people/businesses..... He's very happy with

www.inmotion.com

I started w/ feewebs.com, then upgraded to Yahoo. I have found that search engines will not rank a free website as quickly as a paid website. Yahoo was very easy to do, and cheap.

Jean Barnhill at Dusty Lane does ours.

She is great !!

I also used Yahoo sitebuilder. They are great to work with, inexpensive hosting, and easy to build. dionne www.sisterstwominiatures.com

I use Freewebs and have the paid package..i believe it is like $19.00 a month, it came with a domain name. I like it as it is easy to use and set up the page, i had yahoo at one time but freewebs just seems easier. My website is in my sig.

I had someone from my hometown do mine.. pcdudes.com they did the basic outline, I designed the color and they linked the pages together and I added everything else and do all the updating myself. Works great for me.
Connie, your website is very, very nice! Is it really that easy to do? I've toyed around with the idea of having two sites. I love my site and Debby Bowen designed it. I was thinking of doing a "sister site" so that I could update and change it weekly.

I have "Go Daddy" with the "Website tonight". Easy to use, very reliable. Have had mine for two years now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back