who has read the twilight series books??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
I honestly never saw myself liking a vampire series of books but they were really good!! The movie is coming out soon and I cant wait!

I haven't heard of these books but will look into them.

When I first read Interview with the Vampire, I couldn't beleive how into it I got. I read several of that series and loved them all... I need to pick it back up, I think
default_yes.gif

This series of books is so good!! I read the whole series in 2 weeks LOL. Couldnt put them down.

twilight series

Hey Kay! I just had someone give me Twilight yesterday. Is that the first one in the series?

I have a commission painting I have to finish before i will allow myself to read it! What is neat that it is set in Forks Washington which is about an hour and a half from me. Tenino plays sports against them. They have had such an influx of tourists from all over the world it is really neat!!!!

Yes that is book one. Be sure you finish your painting first LOL. Ill probably sell mine online as I have all 4 if anyone wants them. Im so excited for the movie to come out this month. But in my opinion the books are always better then the movie

I love the Twilight Series. I have read it twice all of them. For teen books they are pretty good. I cant wait for the movie either but I know already I am a little disappointed with thier choice for Edward.....

air conditioner or Space heater ????? Who can decide ?

Loved them!!! Read the 4 books in 4 days. Didn't get anything else done! I can't wait for the movie!!!!
default_laugh.png
Going to talk hubby into taking me.
default_wink.png

I also have read them all not because I intended to but my grandaughter had the first one and I asked her what she was reading shes 15 and she was enthralled so I casually said when your done I want to read it thinking I probably wouldnt get through it but also wanting to know what kind of subjects she was reading about. I read the first one and when she was done with the second she automatically brought it to me and then the rest. She and I may try to see the movie together time will tell. I enjoyed them all and they were a quick read.

I just started the first book, but I read "The Host" before that from the same author, very good too!

Oh yep, I read those....all 4 books in a matter of a week or week & a half.......excellent series.....and I cannot wait to see the movie....the trailer looks pretty good.......but I am sure the movie won't do justice to the books.......after all how many movies have you watched (made from books) that were actually better than the book itself?

We will be in Hawaii on the opening day of the movie & if I am not toooooo tired from the plane ride, we may catch the movie that evening.

Kim, I have all 4 books, so don't go out & buy the others, you can certainly borrow mine if you want too......... I couldn't put the books down once I started reading them.....of course I love to read, which may help or maybe hinder, as far as getting any household chorse done.

Oops, buzzer just went off, gotta go finish making my homemade buttermilk rolls........

Yay Valerie!

That would be awesome!!! That is why I haven't cracked the book open, I would be too easily enticed to do that instead of work!

I LOVED the Nora Roberts trilogy about the witches. LOVED it, is it similar to that?

I just finished the first one and really liked it. The author wrote this series with young adults in mind but now everyone is reading them. Half the people at work have been reading them. The author is Stephenie Meyer and I also read her first "adult" boot "the Host". It wasn't anything like I normally read(it's about aliens) but I really enjoyed it. Now I've got to go get the rest of the twilight books!
default_rolleyes.gif

Crabby-Chicken: They aren't quite like the Nora Roberts triology. I thought they were way better than hers (and I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan!). You'll love them. I wasn't quite sure I would when I started reading the first one becuase its placed in a high school setting (the first two or three are). But they are very well written and you'll love them!

Oh God yes. I stayed away for a while because I dont really like sappy tean romances but my co workers were obsessed and I finally fell into it. Glad I did. I loved it. I really like werewolves and LOVED Jacob and Alice (granted Alice is a vampire). The only trouble is that I get stressed out with love triangles so I slowed down a bit into the third and have not yet read the fourth but I know how it ends and I am not sure how I feel about that. Well see. Goodness its a good read though. I love the depth of character and the scenery! I am looking forward to the movie too but worry a lot about the actress playing Bella. I could be wrong (and pray I am) but her acting seems flat. Im going to see it and Bolt anyway. Fun times!!!!
default_laugh.png

OH MY GOD. YES!!!
default_laugh.png

I think I am officially obessed. I actually became almost depressed myself while reading New Moon while Bella was so upset about Edward leaving. School keeps me busy so I've still got Breaking Dawn left to read, but I am counting down the days until the movie. I have a ton of trailers and cast interviews favorited on my youtube, and am waiting for my pre-ordered soundtrack to come in the mail. I'd been waiting for what seems like forever since the last Harry Potter book for something to really grab me, and this DEFINITELY did.

A friend of mine at work was telling me that her 2 daughters had been reading them and that if I wanted to read them I could borrow them. I told her I didn't think I would like them. But now after reading this thread I may have to go back and ask her to borrow them.

Not me. After "Interview" and the others in the vampire series by Anne Rice, I just can't enjoy any other vampire stories or movies (or maybe I just don't want to). I wish she would go back to them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, I haven't read the Nora Roberts triology....hmmm........might have to check it out.

Hubby and I started watching "True Blood" on HBO.....and I have to admit, the first couple of weeks, I kept comparing the HBO series to the

Twilight books and I know they are two different authors, but the whole vampires living with the mortals part, kinda had me skeptical that the show would do as well as the books....... but I do keep going back to watching True Blood, although it's got some "very racy" scenes in it.....guess that is what HBO is known for, but I sure wouldn't let any kids watch it that is for sure!

Latest posts

Back