Who has found bred mares at great prices?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrenhart

Reaction score
Just curious ....
default_laugh.png

Granted, it's been awhile........but we have! And it just wasn't a bred mare, but one who was reasonably priced and one we WANTED.........(breeding and ALL)........

It just takes some time, some research, and being at the right place at the right time..........

MA

I've found some really nice mares at decent prices - if I find one that I like, I put her on my list. A lot of times, a few years down the road, she appears again at a more reasonable price. Being in the right place at the right time is always helpful.

I know Gwen Simmons of Honey Bea Meadows is selling some of her bred mares... I have my eye on 2 of them. They are bred to an awesome stallion, I just love him
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I've been fortunate to have purchased two bred mares at great prices this fall!
default_smile.png

I bought a gorgeous 28.75" double bred Lazy N Redboy granddaughter in foal to a Redboy son. Thanks, Belinda!

I also purchased a stunning 31.75" sabino Van Lo bred mare in foal to a Johnstons Gold Boy son.

Both of these mares are great finds and I couldn't be more pleased.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

I got a steal on a Daughter of Rhoten's Little Dandy, and the frosting on the cake was she was in foal to Candyland's Best Kept Secreat, and produced a F I L L Y!! Plus I get another breeding to Secreat. Less than $5,000.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I have! I bought one off of LB for an incredibly low price. She wasn't bred by the seller (on purpose) but ended up finding a way to do it herself.
default_yes.gif
She had a nice colt the next spring.

Over the years, in my opinion, I've gotten some really good deals on some horses. Once, I remember just glancing at the sales board before I left the office and found what was going to be one of my mares listed. Her face caught my eye then when I saw the details and more pictures, I really liked her. I left the office but ended up pulling off the side of the road on my way home to get in touch with the seller and get the deal going. I was scared if I waited until I got home, someone else would have snapped her up for her quality, bloodlines and price. It was the fastest I'd ever decided to buy a horse but she's one of the ones I get the most compliments about and her daughter who I also bought (but wouldn't have if not having first bought the mare) is one of the nicest made horses I own. I'm not going to name the price because it's a price that would normally make me think "nah, there must be something wrong."

Just wondering .... what does everyone think is a "great price" for a bred mare? I'm just curious, not buying any bred mares, but do have some for sale.

I'm with Kendra.
default_saludando.gif
I am mare shopping...what do you guys consider a great price for a nice quality proven broodmare?

I have found two I think were super great buys. One is a double bred granddaughter of Lazy N Redboy who was in foal to SF Mahogany Bay, a National Champion Halter Stallion who also has several National Top Tens in Driving. Of course I'm sitting on that foal for now as he just keeps getting nicer and nicer as he matures.

And then I bought a mare who is a great granddaughter of Rowdy & Roan Ranger. She came with her '06 colt at her side and bred back to Villa's Sentimental Journey, who is by SG Nightrain and out of Bond Sentimental Sue, both have produced several National Champions & Nat'l Grand if I remember correctly. Anyway I had her colt gelded and at this first show he went Champion, Res. Champion and Res. Grand Champion. Her foal this year is a filly, who should be on the show circuit next year.

And of course I'm excited that both mares are now in foal to Jinx.
default_wub.png

I think a great price for a bred mare is what Im asking for two of mine. They are both National quality having won top tens, one is an A and one a B they are full sisters for 3500. each. That to me is a great price for mares of that quality and caliber.

I have paid as little as 2200 for a top quality Michigan mare ASPC only that was in foal.

Those to me ,,for the quality they are , are great prices.

Lyn

The lowest I have paid for a mare in foal is $1000. The highest I have paid for a mare in foal is $2500. My NFCS Candy Dandy daughter I paid $2200 for in foal to Phantom Farms Steely Dan. Sadly she aborted at 6 months gestation. She is now in foal to Coyote Winds Knockout, the stallion I lost in May. We plan to keep this foal if a colt or filly.

Latest posts

Back