White milk-- UPDATE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_no.gif
How sad. Those of us that have experienced the heartache of an "angel foal" know that indescribable feeling. Knowing the mare is getting the needed medical treatment is comforting. I learn so much from the posts on the forum. Thanks for sharing. I am truly sorry you went through this.

I've had two foals one from an arabian mare and just recently my mini mare foaled with both mares from time they started dripping milk (clear for mini and milky white for arab) the foal was born with in 24 hours. Both mares had normal deliveries with no complications. but when I weaned the foal of the arab mare she was still producing a lot of milk and I had to strip her so she wouldn't get mastitis. Hope this helps best wishes!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry you lost the colt.
default_no.gif
It's good that you listen to that "6th" sense that something is wrong, so many people don't.

And by the way Mary Lou........I don't think I've said often enough......... Thank you for providing this place where we can talk about it all, the good and the bad, where we can ask any question, where we can pull from the experience of others who love these little horses and where we find support when life goes wrong.
Amen to that!!

Aw Charlotte, I can't tell you how sorry I am
default_sad.png
I bet he was a beauty too.

I'm glad Honey is ok. I know you already gave her a hug.

default_no.gif
CHARLOTTE, I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR NEWS, MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU! ESPECIALLY AS YOU HAVE WARNED ME TO BE ON THE LOOK OUT.

SENT WITH LOVE

KIM

So very sorry to read that Honey lost her little son -- glad that she will be OK though.

Hugs to you all.

Anna

my heart goes out to you. I pray HONEY will be okay. I too have had angel foals very hard on mare and yourself.You and your mare will be in our prayers.

Charlotte, I am so sorry - this is the most difficult part of raising horses.

Hugs for you and little Honey!

I'm sorry Charlotte you lost the little one, but I am so glad your mare will be fine. It is so hard to see the little ones laying there. <<hugs>>

I am sorry that you lost your foal. We lost one earlier this week that I couldn't get out, but the mare is okay. The foal was about a month early. I didn't want any foals before April this year.

Charlotte, I'm so sorry to hear this. Foaling season is so exciting but it can turn on a dime in seconds as we all know. Sending {{HUGS}} to you and glad your mare will be okay.

I'm glad Honey is alright, but it is always heartbreaking to lose a foal. (((hugs)))

Oh gosh Charlotte, so sorry to see that you lost a foal. And poor mama wondering where her baby is- that is always sad to see. I hope your mare is fine and you are ok. I agree in that when you think something may be wrong, it usually is. Sounds like you have some good vets close by. Hugs.

So sorry about your foal, Charlotte. It is always heartbreaking when this happens.

We start to check udders about 6 weeks prior to the mare's due date. I keep daily records on each mare to compare to last years pattern.

We have one mare that is right on target and is just barely starting a small udder as of yesterday.

Steph

Latest posts

Back