White coats/manes/tails

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I show several horses with white on them. I have used lots of shampoos looking for the perfect one. I bought some shampoo called horse sense from Double Diamond Tack. They have the white shampoo's black and regular. This stuff is amazing. It will make them clean, but also keeps them from loosing all the natural oils in their skin and they just shine. If you show alot and have to wash alot the horses coats can get dull. The shampoo is the best. On white tails and manes sometimes I have to use clorox 2 and leave on for a few minutes then rinse. Anyway the Horse Sense shampoo is just great.

Hardy Har Har

Nope none of the above worked for me. A client of mine asked the Budweiser Clyde grooms what they use and they swear by something called Kirk's Soap. She got me some so I will try it and let you know. Take it from someone who has a paint, extra large one at that, AND add in huge white mane and tail and WHITE feathers...tried everything and still had yellow stains. Tried Dawn, Sunlight, Cowboy Magic Green spot remover, white Chalk, blue shampoo (horse type) and lots of swearing LOLOLOL. If ANYONE has something different, let me know...but I will let you know about the Kirks..if the Bud guys says it works (and we've all seen the white GLEAM on their Clydes), I'll try it :eek:)

His tail is way too heavy and thick to braid and wrap (tried it what a mess)..so it has to hang.

In case anyone wonders if I may not know what I am talking about, give me a small version of this anyday LOLOLOLOL

100_5847.jpg

If you look close at the end of his tail and feathers you can see the yellow..after a 2.5 hour scrub bath...in 40 plus heat

Kim

I use the new shampoo that is called "Black Knight" from "Horse Sense" that is associated with the makers of the Double K clippers for my pinto and leopard appy's horses. I had picked up a trial sized bottle at the AMHR Nationals last year and it worked really well and I ended up buying 2 gallon of the stuff. It rinses out rather easy and leaves no purple if you get side tracked and end up leaving it on the horse too long. I also have used Quick Silver shampoo also and it works well also. I use hair conditioners then Show Sheen afterwards to help repel stains setting.

DSC00393.jpg

This is a photo of "Little Wee Lord of the Ring" that is my whitest horse that I show and he looks great after he gets all cleaned up and he stays rather clean when he isn't in the show ring between shows . I think he knows he better stay clean for me at times.

Latest posts

Back