Which stallion that you have seen in person,,,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Prince is now infertile (someone PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong!) so I don't think he will contribute as much as anyone would have liked. He is absolutely amazing and I was sad to hear there will no longer be any more Prince get.

Stacy should be the one to make that statement. She's an EXTREMELY honest person. Stacy is someone I always try to emulate when I make decisions on horses, etc. I sort of do a WWSD?
default_laugh.png
She's taught me so much about horses. I could never repay her for all the tidbits she's shared with me that have stuck with me and made a difference in my program.

Ahhh shoot-i had figured that Stacy was already open about it since I had heard about it and in no way do I have any connections that would allow me to hear these things early. Someone had posted it in an ad, so I was curious.

Stacy if you read this-i very much apologize if I was jumping the gun. You should definitely be the one to make the announcement, if there is one to make.

Ahhh shoot-i had figured that Stacy was already open about it since I had heard about it and in no way do I have any connections that would allow me to hear these things early. Someone had posted it in an ad, so I was curious.

Stacy if you read this-i very much apologize if I was jumping the gun. You should definitely be the one to make the announcement, if there is one to make.
I think I know what you mean. I do remember seeing an ad, although I thought it was for another stallion (can't even remember now, but was thinking Buckeroo bloodlines) and the idea of the ad was something like "since so-and-so is now infertile..." and I remember thinking they'd better have their information right and even if so I'm not sure that's how I publicize my stallion. It's sort of like saying "I know the other stallion is better than mine, but he's shooting blanks so you can have mine instead" lol But to each his own.

Many stallions are sub-fertile and sometimes that gets passed around enough times and the story becomes "infertile" which is WAY different from subfertile. Regardless he's a stunning stallion for sure!

Well most of the horses mentioned so far are far from being "overlooked", they are horses that are very recognized in pedigrees as nice horses! I feel some of our own are overlooked just because we havent been showing all that long, our Double Destiny son, Arions Destinys Magic Trick has been producing amazing foals for us and was National Top Ten Get of Sire and his one filly was National Top Ten Mare Owned Bred and Shown. Also Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo who has many titles himself and has some outstanding foals, one of which has some pretty impressive show titles as well.

As for horses owned by others, Little Kings Sonic Supreme, a son of Komokos Little King Supreme, who is owned by our friend and neighbor, Sandy Phelps of CS Classic Acres, has produced HOF and National champion foals. He is a gorgeous blue roan and I had the opportunity to breed one of my mares to him and have a gorgeous daughter now!

I want to add Flaby's Wonderman to the list. Michelle at Lot-Sa-Fun has had this wonderful stallion for several years - many of my top producing animals today are offspring of Wonderman. (Plus, it doesn't hurt that my Spencer bears a strong resemblance
default_smile.png
)

He is definitely one of my all time favorites Parmela so I really hope what I read was wrong. I would so love a get or grandget of his. I agree, those ads are very.....interesting! This one was an advertisement on facebook from a well known farm and I know it was Prince because my heart sank when I read it, but I sure hope it was wrong. Again, I should not have even said anything. For some reason I figured it was common knowledge and I was just out of the loop. You know what they say about assumptions...

Adam-i really liked the black pinto Lot-Sa-Fun filly that you showed this past year. Was she a Wonderman daughter? She was so refined with the most beautiful little head. Of all the horses I saw show, she was definitely one that made an impression (on me at least
default_smile.png
)

I already own him...

Little Kings Sentra Sepreme, my double bred King Supreme son. I feel soooo lucky to own him as he is one of the last and youngest sons left. I think (and could be wrong) but believe The Little King Farm has the only 2 other sons. And then there's still a few daughters out there.

I, on the other hand, would LOVE to own Marbles that Riverdance owns. I like her breeding and her color tops it! I would die to see a resaulting foal from her and my Sentra! (nope, and sorry never saw her in person)

I actually have a own son of King Supreme also. Little Kings Sonic Supreme he is 21 years and I still pull him out to show he loves it! He has produced HOF and national champions.

He is my 7 year sons favorite horse on the farm.

DSC_0148.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

maximo1.jpg

I admired this horse when he was being shown several years ago, and I am even more impressed with him now that we own him! Establo Maximo has been overlooked but we hope to change that in the near future.
default_smile.png

Jan

Jan, I saw him up close at Nationals years ago when he won... He's a very pretty boy!!! Are you hoping to show him or just breed him?

Andrea

Truly I don't think Prince is overlooked as about everyone has seen him show or heard about how AMAZING he is.

I had the supreme pleasure of not only seeing him, but leading him around his "then" barn , setting him up and baiting him (BREATHTAKING!), measuring him ( yes he IS 34" ,and not a smidgeon more !) and then breeding my mare to him!!!!!!!!!!!

We got a TINY silver buckskin filly who was, and continues to be, stunning. Unfortunately at two weeks of age she broke her foot at the coronary band, and although the efforts of many vets, farriers and the advice of tons of well wishers, she healed the break, but her front legs came out of her splints and dressings toing out. This is common when one leg bears the entire weight after an injury, in a baby so young. All 27 inches of her!

She has an important job now, of keeping company to a HUGE WB mare ( seperate pastures) overlooking the CT River!

Prince HAS left his mark!

Well, I guess I had better jump on here and set the record straight. Since being banned from "personal sites" at work I am not on much anymore.

Since we do not have human children, our horses & dogs are "children" to us, and a such I will defend them like a mother tiger will defend her young, and go to the ends of the world to protect them from harm and help heal them from injury or disease.

Prince is a wonderful, super sensitive stallion who is very, very sweet and pretty much scared of his own shadow - would never hurt a fly. I have always believed that he was a gift from God to the miniature horse industry and that I was his "keeper" and entrusted with keeping him safe & happy, growing him to maturity, introducing him to the world in a safe manner, and with crosses to some wonderful mares would produce offspring that would also be a huge benefit to the breed.

I believe that we accomplished many of these goals, but the one mistake I made was to turn him out with a pasture of mares to pasture breed - caught in the crossfire between two mares resulted in Prince being injured beyond repair - many, many thousands of dollars have been spent to help "my child", but it was not meant to be so he was gelded so that he would not fret and pace (there were still plenty of sperm, but they could not be ejaculated).

Needlesstosay it has been a blow much like those of you would have if your child was diagnosed with cancer - the wound is still very raw and real for me. But I still have the pleasure of being able to watch him everyday - his beauty, grace and sensitivity always amaze me and bring me both a smile and a tear. I have a nice collection of sons and daughters to carry on the bloodline and hope that thru linebreeding that I can produce a very close "knockoff"
default_wink.png

To those of you who have always appreciated Prince - I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And to those of you with Prince offspring - cherish them, they are a rare gift from God and have much to offer our miniature horse industry.

Thank you Sandy for bringing this to my attention so that I could "set the record staight" (of course I will probably need to replace the keyboard since it is pretty wet with my tears)

Stacy

Oh Stacy, I am SO Sorry!!! I can only imagine how you feel by imagining if such thing were to happen to Red Alert, and I would be absolutely devastated.

I am sorry for the industry that Prince won't be able to directly pass on more of his beautiful genetics, but I look forward to seeing some of those linebred Prince foals in the winners circle down the road.
default_smile.png
Treasure the babies you have, and enjoy looking at your beautiful Prince every day. (HUGS)

Thank you so much Stacy for coming on here and fixing what I started. I apologize again for even bringing it up-a mistake on my part, especially when you are still so upset over what happened. Hugs to you! Prince has always been one of my very favorite horses-he is something special. Despite not producing a large number of offspring, the handful he did sire are all so excellent and I know Prince's name will be around for a very long time.

Aww Stacy..... so not fair.. he DID make his mark AND leave some pretty big shoes to fill.....

He is breathtaking.

I can't imagine how hard this has been for you. (((( Hugs ))))

I am blessed to have a Princling here to raise... and I just adore him
default_wub.png

So sorry to hear that, Stacy... But I am glad to hear he is alive and well and that you were able to have a handful of sons/daughters from him.

So sorry to hear this!

BUT even with him as a gelding, I know for a fact we all would fight tooth and nail to own him even if he cant produce anymore. Prince's name is known through the miniature horse industry and will never be forgotten as a great producer of breathtaking foals. And thoses who own them foals/get will cherrish them. Prince's offspring have fetched more $$$ then a lot of Buckeroo get and like you said to be beyoned honored to own and know that this boy has givin great horses like Buckeroo a run for his money! There's not a lot of exceptional stallions out there and by far Prince has earned his spot there right beside all the best of the best!

Prince will always have a huge amount of fans, as we all love him and have been catptured by his magnificance!

May you and his get continue his destiney!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I didn't see these new post until now, but I admit my heart aches for Stacy (though I sure ohmt meant no harm!).

The big thing that I would have said is that "no longer producing" does not directly mean "infertile due to low sperm count" or any other reason to blame the horse or bloodline. Injury and infection can absolutely be a cause, so determining the reason as to why a horse is no longer producing should be an important first step.

I still stand by Prince and what he has accomplished. Every Prince son/daughter that I've seen has been blessed with his pressence, so I still believe that even if "he" is not producing, his get can still go on to make him a legend, and a title that he so rightfully deserves.

Stacy, you have my support and always have. I feel blessed to know you and look forward to one day owning my own MM "kid". ((Hugs))

I have seen a lot that I think are over-looked and some I haven't seen too.

My favorites of course are Arenosa bred. We had three wonderful stallions that I feel were overlooked and people weren't knocking down the doors to see them or use them.

Kewpie's Pepito Of Arenosa
Peppy.JPG

Diablo's Echo Of Arenosa
ECHOBoy.jpg

his beautiful son who is owned by Larry and Maryann Cerullo

AClassic Touch de Poco
pocoNdwain.jpg

Kewpie's Rango Of Arenosa-deceased
Rango.jpg

Love these guys...see so many Miniatures, but can't think right now of ones that really stand out. Maybe later after I think about it more..LOL!

Jenny

Stacy,

I won't pretend to understand the sadness and hurt you must be feeling. He is such a majestic animal and will always be regarded as one of the best. Hugs to you and please give that beautiful boy a hug from me too.

I stand by my initial claim that to me, Prince, although recognized in many ways, was simply ahead of his time. One of the greats for sure.
default_wub.png

Stacy, I didn't know....boy, what a disappointment for you. I'm so glad you had a chance to get offspring from this magnificent stallion though.

Andrea, we bought Max to breed our mares to, but the temptation to show him is pretty great LOL. He will be out there this year, after he's bred a few mares.
default_smile.png

Jan

Back