Which stallion that you have seen in person,,,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
The one that I think is beautiful, has national titles throws beautiful kids, has a title in driving, and I would take home any day is Sierra Dawn Uno's Pharaoh. The man has it all and is such a cool litle horse! I was thinking and of the 6 horses that I have in my barn right now, 5 are grand daughters, great grandsons or sons of Pharaoh. I love what he produces. Anyone else?

I already own him...

Little Kings Sentra Sepreme, my double bred King Supreme son. I feel soooo lucky to own him as he is one of the last and youngest sons left. I think (and could be wrong) but believe The Little King Farm has the only 2 other sons. And then there's still a few daughters out there.

I, on the other hand, would LOVE to own Marbles that Riverdance owns. I like her breeding and her color tops it! I would die to see a resaulting foal from her and my Sentra! (nope, and sorry never saw her in person)

100_0354.jpg

100_0374.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always had a thing for Arabay's Sneak Preview.

That said, if I had to pick a mini stallion out of all of them it would be Silver Meadows Jet Set Go. He caught my eye his first year at Nationals and I always made a point to watch him drive ( even when driving in the ring against him!)

I am glad his offspring are doing so well for his owners.

Andrea

Graham's Classic Tango owned by Thomas Graham, I own the closest "look alike" son of him that he has sired. Below is a photo of Graham's Classic Tango when Thomas Graham was showing him (he looks better in person) and a photo of my son of his, Graham's The Gambler. I own three foals by Tango.

Graham's The Gambler (my stallion)

183531_1683941973405_1083294008_31576025_2516005_n.jpg

Leeana

I have him in my front yard.....Nostalgias Doube Jeopardy...he is 17 years old and is a color making machine. ..he holds many national titles from his show career... I laid eyes on him and had to have him. Black frame splash with ice blue eyes.he will live till his last breath on my property. Lil hoofbeats has his son...Nostalgias Whistleblower....I'd love to lay eyes on him one day..... I would like to see one of my mares sires...lucky four medicine man.... Or nfc impressive streaker...he is a beauty....

For me, it's probably Prince. I realize he has many titles so maybe he isn't considered overlooked, but I don't think I can come up with a more beautiful horse in person than him. Wowzer.

I've been fortunate to see many of the top AMHA stallions in the country up close and personal at the World show. Not only in the show ring, but also in the make up area where they are standing relaxed. Most of them are *WOW* even just standing.

Of course, I am prejudiced, but I searched many years and have been through many stallions to find the right addition for my herd. Last year I found him in Lucky Four Santa Fe So Impressive. This little stallion is as his name states, Impressive! His first foals will arrive this spring and I can't wait.

And of course, just when I wasn't looking, I found a weanling colt this past fall that takes my breath away.....
default_wub.png
More about him later....

I don't know that he's overlooked, because H and I look at him plenty
default_smile.png
But our own superstar, "Destiny", is the most amazing stallion I have seen in person
default_wub.png

For sure, I'm partial and I have to say that DunIT gives him a run for his money -- I am so good and picking horses I really like
default_blush.png

Destiny knocked it out of the park at shows in halter and driving, and he has sired three gorgeous fillies I'd be jealous of if they weren't already mine
default_yes.gif

On top of that, he's so loving to people and other horses and has a HUGE personality
default_biggrin.png

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg

Destiny%20Area%205%202006%203.jpg

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20004.jpg

Destiny-----2008-Nationals-Driving-----Smallest.jpg

For me, it's probably Prince. I realize he has many titles so maybe he isn't considered overlooked, but I don't think I can come up with a more beautiful horse in person than him. Wowzer.
Parmela, you beat me to it!
default_wink.png
While I may have not seen him in person, I do feel that he is a horse light-years beyond his time. Everything about him I find inspiring and impressive. He just has "IT" to me.
default_wub.png

The stallion who I have seen in person, who I just think is the neatest is Buckeye WCF Leeland Royal Grand. I just think he is gorgeous, and my good friend Denise Hardesty did a great job of showing him this year...
default_wub.png

Either of these amazing stallions make my heart beat a little (okay a lot) faster... And no matter how pleased I am with my current herd, I just don't see how it could ever be complete without adding a daughter/son or grandson/granddaughter from these two boys... One day.
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Last year I was fortunate enought to visit Scott Creek Farm, talk with Joann, and see some of the foals and offspring of Sierra Dawn Uno's Monarch. Monarch has long been a favorite of mine! He was in a run between the yearling fillies and the yearling stallions, and just to see him move took my breath away. And he was so tiny and refined, with that wonderful high hock action and arched neck. Wow! He has passed on those qualities to so many offspring........that is true genetic greatness.

And another stallion who is amazing to see in person is Circle S Bill Bailey of Century Farms. Wonderful movement!

I saw Dakota San Juan show up in Fargo, ND of all places the year he won his National Grand Championship. Oh my gosh is he one beautiful horse. He is correct in every way. Not a stallion, but that same year I saw Establo Victoria and she is by far one of the best mares i've ever seen.

Then of course I have my very own reserve National Grand Champion in halter, Rika General Lee (Star Strucks Phantom in AMHA). He was undefeated in halter up until his grand class, took National Champion in model stallions and was a National top ten in driving as well. I just love him-he is an older boy now and still as beautiful as ever. I am blessed to have him
default_smile.png

I already own him...

Little Kings Sentra Sepreme, my double bred King Supreme son. I feel soooo lucky to own him as he is one of the last and youngest sons left. I think (and could be wrong) but believe The Little King Farm has the only 2 other sons. And then there's still a few daughters out there.

I, on the other hand, would LOVE to own Marbles that Riverdance owns. I like her breeding and her color tops it! I would die to see a resaulting foal from her and my Sentra! (nope, and sorry never saw her in person)

Thanks, I feel that she is special too (so does she)
default_biggrin.png

I can not believe that Marbles is already 3 years old. I have no plans on breeding her this year, I would like her to be a little older before I breed her. I am hoping to be able to take her out again this year. It was hard taking a year off to move, and I can only hope that I get organized enough to be able to show this year. First this darn back has to heal.

When it gets warm enough to clip and she gets her summer color in, i will update everyone with new pictures.

Little Kings Buckeroo Bandstand. Love him....he will take your breath away when you see him...even in his winter woolies
default_wub.png

:wubRavenwoods No Laffin Matter! just the way he moves! You can check him out on youtube titles Joker final

hope this works

I wouldn't say that Monarch/Hunter (his barn name when I worked with him) is "overlooked" - not in any way. He did well when he showed and has had outstanding offspring, lots of advertising and recognition... not exactly the definition of "overlooked".
default_wink.png

I also would not call Prince overlooked.
default_smile.png

Overlooked = Philia Blazes Joe Dandy - who showed at the same time as Hunter did. Joey has never had massive advertising or promotion - virtually none, in fact. He has sired many champions, supreme champions etc. but has only bred a relatively limited number of mares. He was twice Reserve National Grand Champion. He thinks he is every bit as well-known and respected as Prince and Hunter, though...
default_wink.png

Rehs Royal Gem - stunning in person.

D&S Peeping Tom - flawless. Has many titles, but is also producing some great foals.

FAF Irish Ladd - gorgeous boy that is surprisingly golden in color and has produced numerous show horses and broodmares that are kept in some of the best herds in the country.

JRs Chocolate Chip - I've never seen him in person and not sure if he is still alive but have been really impressed with his offspring and grandget.

I also would not call Prince overlooked.
default_smile.png

You know, I do think you are right... IMO, he is not "overlooked" but maybe rather "under-appreciated" by the general population. Again, IMO, I had always thought that Prince had qualities so unique that he could change the breed, and be a "name" like Buckeroo, Rowdy, etc. Maybe one day his name will be in many pedigrees, just as the famous one of yesterday(I used that word lightly, as many famous stallions live very strong in some breeding programs
default_yes.gif
). Again, I adore Prince, so I may be a little bias!
default_laugh.png

Attwood, I have to say I time D&S Peeping Tom is another great one who is still winning in the ring! I think he is another one of my favorites, especially since he is "local" to me.

I believe Prince is now infertile (someone PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong!) so I don't think he will contribute as much as anyone would have liked. He is absolutely amazing and I was sad to hear there will no longer be any more Prince get.

Hmmm I hadn't heard that about Prince... But Stacey Score does post here so maybe she can set the record straight?

Latest posts

Back