Where is the breed going?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I don't own or am involved with shetlands, I notice that the look they are infusing into the mini halter horses is the horses I have seen winning. They are leggier and look good as halter or driving horses. Yes I want the 1/3 2/3 look because as I see the 50-50 looking horses get older they look disproporinate in body. If they were a big riding horse they would breakdown in the legs fairly quickly. I want pretty horses because I can always train them to be competitive in other areas and be a versatile all around prospect. I don't particularly like driving but most of my show horses are close to their pinto championships as I have the ability to train them to jump or do obstacle. This is the loveliness of owning and showing minis as they can be versatile and no matter what their type, there is always something you can excell at if you take the time to figue out what they can do and train them towards that.

Latest posts

Back