Where is AMHR going 10 years from now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Journals back from the early 90's and even some before the time there was even such a thing as a "mini". The shetlands don't look like anything from the 1960's any more. And the minis from the 90's look nothing like the ones from 2000, 2005, or 2010. You can watch them evolve just by flipping through the pages. This isn't new. It's been happening for decades.
Yeah, funny that...the ASPC needed the Hackney influence to "improve", yet the Miniatures did it ALL ON THEIR OWN... (Granted a VERY FEW shetland and other hardshipped horses, most from AMHA, I'm willing to bet, but not enough to change the breed.)

By the way, in case someone says this is one of the anit-pony posts...I am not against ponies, nope...love them...just don't see the need for an influx of them into the miniature breed. I get so tired of hearing that same old line..."minis are just shetlands, they were the foundation"...get over it...that was like, how MANY YEARS AGO?
default_laugh.png
Like I said before, try taking a fast running grade mare to the AQHA, and tell them you want it registered because it can do a fast 1/4 mile. Good luck with that...

While on the AQHA line...it has been mentioned favourably, how their two types have "evolved" into two distinct types. That was a bad choice...that breed has almost destroyed itself with all the in-breeding it took to produce those types. I consider the AQHA to have DE-volved...

SueC, quarter horses are a breed registry, miniatures are a height registry. Very different. Also, if the shetland influence was so many years ago, then your whole argument on this thread about the shetlands influencing the minis now is also invalid right?

The minis have not changed all on their own. Not at all. It hasn't been that long since amhr closed their books and amha still alows hardshipping-til 2012 I believe. I have hardshipped quite a few horses myself and I know others have hardshipped many many horses. The minis get a lot of new blood coming in.

Another thing that bothers me about this thread is adding another divison makes it where every horse can win a ribbion at Nationals, make it fair for everybody. This post hasn't been meant to be onesided on showing. It has also been about breeding, and everyones breeding programs. Some have said its simple, if you want to be competitive in the ring then buy and go along with the competition. That might be all in good when it comes to showing. But what about the breeding programs? What happens to those unwanted miniatures cause they don't fit the bill anymore when it comes to showing cause they don't have the shetland look or papers.

Yes there will be people wanting the miniatures, but how much of a $ figure. As cheap as you can get? Many people out there cannot afford to change there breeding programs. We also cannot throw out our miniature horses. Yes I agree that we should always improve the breed, but yet can we not do that without the shetland influence? I believe we can.

The ASPC horse that meets the AMHR height requirements should be allowed to be registered and show under the current rules. That is not to say that is what our (AMHR) National Champions should have to look like.

The next ten years, I foresee the ASPC push being the best marketing ploy AMHA has ever had.
I see it the exact opposite.
default_yes.gif
I see the mini A size ASPC ponies being VERY popular, both in and out of the AMHA ring. I'm going to list some horses that are currently(or soon to be) AMHR/AMHA/ASPC and this is only a handful of what is out there!

Rhapsodys Latin Tango

D&S Peeping Tom

D&S The Die is Cast

D&S Fast Break

Graham's Ragtime

Grahams Moonlit Tango

Graham's Hula Girl At Heart

Kewpie's Paposa of Arenosa

Buckeye WCF Paposo Mirror Image

Buckeye WCF Classical Jalapeno

Sundance LB Assured

Sundance LB Lexus

Sundance LB Que-Tee

SMO Bolero de Suerte

SMO Adriana de Suerte

AE Destiny's Darling

THR's A Promise Kept

Ten Ls Tigers Legacy

McCarthys Miss Kitty
default_wub.png

Michigan's Silver Streak

Michigan's Kiss of Hershey

Michigan’s Blue Plate Special(A size AMHR/ASPC)

Michigan's Little Sharp Image(A size AMHR/ASPC)

Michigan's Struttin' Stuff(A size AMHR/ASPC)

Filipowicz Miss Jo Co(A size AMHR/ASPC)

Filipowicz Folk Lore*I'm sure I spelled that one wrong*(A size AMHR/ASPC)

There are far more AMHA shetlands then AMHR Hackenys out there, from what I can tell. And I really don't get the "Hackney" issue.
default_unsure.png
"Hackney" bred anything(Shetlands, minis, road ponies, etc.) are made for DRIVING. And in the AMHR world they will show and WIN in only really three or four classes - Open Pleasure, Park Harness, Roadster and Liberty. So what? Moderns are usually pretty ugly, and would likely not do well in halter. I don't understand how a handful of horses in the Over division in four main classes is going to KILL our breed. Please, someone how this can be so bad? There will still be Country driving and Western.

I see it as evolution of the breed. Some of the A size miniatures are HUGE movers, and drooled over by many. Why is having a HUGE moving B miniature so bad? And I feel if you cross one of those "high stepping Hackneys" to a normal gaited miniature, the cross will allow for a foal with beautiful movement, that is both long and floating in stride but also has some lift. Just like technology, horses change with the times.

As far as I can see, in any breed, there are "two types": The show horse and the pet. Both have a HUGE market. Why can't it be left at that?

My family owns both. We have a back yard, grade QH and a wonderful, quiet Canadian warmblood that we have for riding for our enjoyment. My mother also has a very well bred, expensive Dutch warmblood, which is her Show horse. The Dutch horse is much "more" in all ways, and so he should be - he's bred to be that way!
default_biggrin.png

We can take our Pet horses to local club and open shows and do very well. Would they place as well against the "big boys"? Well no, that why we have a Show horse. LOL To me it is kind of that simple.

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone with the word "pet"... It was the only would I could think of.

MountainMeadows - Stacy, I have drooled over Prince for years. IMO, he should be the standard of perfection as his conformation is flawless to me. He has a stunning trot and I adore him. That said, you continue to amaze me, not only as a breeder but as a figure head of our breed. To take a horse like Prince and to find areas to improve is wonderful.
default_aktion033.gif
To not be barn blind, especially with such a great horse, is a valued quality.
default_wub.png
I only wish there were more breeders with such values. Prince is one of my very favorite A size miniatures
default_wub.png
But you already know that. I also agree with you with the AMHR x AMHR/ASPC crosses... There are some stunning horses coming from this!

JMS Miniatures, reading your post is sad, as I can see where you are coming from. My reply to you is mixed. I do not believe in tossing someone aside. Yes there are still some driving and performance classes you can always enter, but the halter classes do have a strong classic shetland look to them right now. I like a good horse, no matter the papers(other then AMHR) and as one who wants to cross both AMHR only horses to AMHR/ASPC ones, I am hopeful that the R only B miniature will always have a home. There are some stunning horses out there, not all of them have ASPC papers, and I think that is important to remember.

So just my two cents. Personlally I don'tmind having pet and show horses... I love them all
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
SueC, quarter horses are a breed registry, miniatures are a height registry. Very different. Also, if the shetland influence was so many years ago, then your whole argument on this thread about the shetlands influencing the minis now is also invalid right?
Re: AQHA, I was responding to another poster who used it as an example. But really, what KIND of Registry makes no difference...it was only used as an idea...a comparison.

As for the shetland "influence", you are exactly where I am there. I keep hearing about it...but it WAS so long ago it is, at least IMO, completely moot.

The minis have not changed all on their own. Not at all. It hasn't been that long since amhr closed their books and amha still alows hardshipping-til 2012 I believe. I have hardshipped quite a few horses myself and I know others have hardshipped many many horses. The minis get a lot of new blood coming in.
There have of course been a bit of new blood brought in, but even most of that, I am sure, has been from AMHA, not so much ASPC...which has been fairly recent, as not a lot of ponies in the past fit under the height requirements. That is one of my points, we have MANAGED to bring in new blood now and then...we have MANAGED to breed mostly from within the breed, we have MANAGED quite WELL in fact...to improve upon what the breed began with for the most part. I do not see the NEED to turn them into what will basically become just another faction of the Shetland breed now that they are so popular.

Instead of going after people who breed ASPC/AMHR. The problem people that need to be gone after are the people who breed (as Sara Blue says "everything this side of a jackass") and producing sub quality animals. These are breeders who are not part of the ASPC/AMHR, but have little horses pawning them off as miniatures. They sell to the public who are unaware of what a miniature horses it. Selling with outdated, expired, fake or no papers at all.

This is the problem that needs to be addressed. Look in the bulletins, the newspaper, watch the local saturday night swap meet. Granted some nice stock can be found and does go through for various reasons, there is a lot of small equines that people run through to make a few bucks. But there are a lot of sad little animals that do exist out there.

At least you can be confident that if a breeder is breeding, selling or showing ASPC or AMHR or ASPC/AMHR they at least care about the quality of the animals they raise. The negativity should be channeled towards those making a mockery of the association.

There have of course been a bit of new blood brought in, but even most of that, I am sure, has been from AMHA, not so much ASPC...which has been fairly recent, as not a lot of ponies in the past fit under the height requirements. That is one of my points, we have MANAGED to bring in new blood now and then...we have MANAGED to breed mostly from within the breed, we have MANAGED quite WELL in fact...to improve upon what the breed began with for the most part. I do not see the NEED to turn them into what will basically become just another faction of the Shetland breed now that they are so popular.
default_saludando.gif
No flaming.

If you read what was said about "the Americana", the Shetlands did not add Hackneys because they wanted to change Shetlands; but rather took Shetlands and bred them to Hackneys create a new "breed" called the Americana. These Americanas got added to the ASPC when the Americana registry died/ended. So the adding of the Hackney blood was not intended to change the Shetland, hence when they were added, A and B pony papers were created. Does that make more scene?

Also, how old was that Shetland mare on LB? And how big? In order to get a Hackney small enough to be a mini, it has to be bred down a lot. I doubt there will ever be a mini with a sire/dam that is full hackney, or even 1/2. Just thinking out loud here.
default_smile.png

And as far a hardshipping in AMHR before it closed; there were many many many grade horses added. Almost every farm I know has a least one hardshipped horse. There are hundreds and hundreds of them out there. I have a friends that hardshipped an A section welsh mare that is making nice babies for her!
default_biggrin.png

And Just wanted to mention Jenga here for a second. AMHR 2008 National Grand Champion Over Stallion who is both AMHR and ASPC. He also won this award 10 years earlier! AMHR 1998 National Grand Champion Over Stallion.
default_aktion033.gif
To me, that's a neat mini! There are a number of other AMHR/ASPC horses that have shown in AMHR for many many years. It's not new(And not going back 30 years either), just very very popular now.

default_saludando.gif
No flaming.

If you read what was said about "the Americana", the Shetlands did not add Hackneys because they wanted to change Shetlands; but rather took Shetlands and bred them to Hackneys create a new "breed" called the Americana. These Americanas got added to the ASPC when the Americana registry died/ended. So the adding of the Hackney blood was not intended to change the Shetland, hence when they were added, A and B pony papers were created. Does that make more scene?

Also, how old was that Shetland mare on LB? And how big? In order to get a Hackney small enough to be a mini, it has to be bred down a lot. I doubt there will ever be a mini with a sire/dam that is full hackney, or even 1/2. Just thinking out loud here.
default_smile.png

And as far a hardshipping in AMHR before it closed; there were many many many grade horses added. Almost every farm I know has a least one hardshipped horse. There are hundreds and hundreds of them out there. I have a friends that hardshipped an A section welsh mare that is making nice babies for her!
default_biggrin.png

And Just wanted to mention Jenga here for a second. AMHR 2008 National Grand Champion Over Stallion who is both AMHR and ASPC. He also won this award 10 years earlier! AMHR 1998 National Grand Champion Over Stallion.
default_aktion033.gif
To me, that's a neat mini! There are a number of other AMHR/ASPC horses that have shown in AMHR for many many years. It's not new(And not going back 30 years either), just very very popular now.
I own the shetland mare whose sire is 100 percent hackney and shetland papered. She is a full 17 years young. And does not look a day over 7. I will go back and see what the DOB is for her sire.

I believe she is 44/45 with a heel.

Crabtree there is a lot of sad little animals out there many small equine and sadly carrying ASPC papers or AMHR papers does not mean they are any better.

Well that is just not factual..there are several- many- numerous infact ASPC ponies out there who are either full 100 percent hackney or at least 50 percent being sire and/or dam is Hackney - The Americana line I do believe was far from the only line of Shetlands being used and the only reason for using them

Crabtree there is a lot of sad little animals out there many small equine and sadly carrying ASPC papers or AMHR papers does not mean they are any better.
True, but I won't won't point fingers and tell people what to breed or not breed.

Hi everyone. Regarding my modern pony history, I will not deny my ignorance on the topic. I was just saying what I understood from this post, sorry if I was mistaken.
default_smile.png
I think the moderns are beautiful and I would love to know more...
default_aktion033.gif
How is that Hackneys are still used so close in the breeding pool?

And I didn't deny that a Shetland couldn't have full Hackney parents(did not know that is was still possible, but I wasn't denying it.
default_wink.png
) I still do believe that it would be hard to get a miniature horse that has a sire/dam that is full hackney, or even 1/2, simply because of the size difference.

Yes I agree that we should always improve the breed, but yet can we not do that without the shetland influence? I believe we can.
Then do it without the shetland influence! I think you can do it without the shetland influence too, and that’s what is lovely about AMHR—there is nothing to stop anyone from doing it that way! Maybe some of those non-shetland influenced programs will produce horses that are superior to the Shetland influenced ones. After all, some of the Shetlands being used in some AMHR breeding programs now are NOT superior individuals, in fact, just the opposite—the sad truth is people are buying and breeding them simply because they do have that 2nd set of papers, and they pay no heed to the actual quality of the pony. So, in some cases the shetland influence may be a very negative thing, and IMO it’s quite possible to have some non-shetlands that are superior to some shetlands.

It is really great that there are some AMHR horses that can hold their own in the “open division” where they are competing against Shetlands—IMO there is far more glory in that than in winning in a new Foundation division where there are restrictions on who can compete against you.

Now—for anyone that believes shetland isn’t required to improve the breed….why then do you want to see a new division that ensures you (or rather the horses you have or the ones that you breed and sell) will have limited competition in the show ring???

Also going back further in this thread, someone, horsefeathers I think, was complaining about Shetland classes being added to shows, and then no ponies, or rather 1 pony, shows up for that show, and the show now runs 2 days because of the ponies. How on earth can a bunch of empty pony classes make a show run longer? We added a whole bunch of pony classes to our shows here, and they are still one day shows. We know we aren’t going to get a big bunch of pony entries, so there is no need to add a day to the show—we make our schedule for a one day show, and those empty pony classes are just class names in the show book—they don’t take up any time at all. If you’ve got two full days of showing and only one pony is entered then I would have to think that it is the Mini classes that are taking up all the time.

The predictions that ASPC/AMHR will die if it gets so there is too much Shetland influence and a lot of Mini people leave. You never know—if the Mini people succeed in booting the ponies out of the registry, perhaps there will be a big bunch of ASPC/AMHR owners/breeders/exhibitors that will throw in the towel on AMHR and turn to ASPC. The pony industry could become much stronger….wouldn’t that be a shocker!

I’m amused by the idea that because back when the pony papers became worthless, and no one wanted to admit that their Miniature Horses were actually Shetlands hiding behind a new name, pony papers should still be worthless now. In all things….fashions, hair styles, whatever, it often seems that old circles around and becomes new again. In that vein, pony papers were once thrown away, now they are starting to be valued again. That seems to be very worrisome for a number of people? Minis have dropped considerably in value, local shows that once were huge are now small or gone completely (thinking of a couple North Dakota shows as a good example of that—Fargo & Valley City once had very big shows, now they don’t exist at all)—perhaps Minis are on a down cycle now just as the ponies once were. I suggest that you cannot even blame ponies for that—the drop in prices was starting about the time I got into Miniatures, and at that time the ASPC/AMHR horses were just barely starting to take off. From what I saw back then, Miniature prices dropped before ASPC/AMHR became the rage. Many, though, would apparently like to make the Shetlands the scapegoat for the drop in value on Miniatures.

Sorry for the long post, I've been at work all day & am just now getting to read all the new posts & catch up on everything!

I get so tired of hearing that same old line..."minis are just shetlands, they were the foundation"...get over it...that was like, how MANY YEARS AGO?
um, yes, very much like Justin Morgan. Everyone in Morgans is so proud of that one little horse that all their Morgans go back to--the foundation of the Morgan breed--but that was what, 100 or 200 years ago now--wow, that's so far back that he no longer counts as the foundation of the breed, so I guess everyone can scrap that wonderful story? If Shetlands are non-entities in the foundation of the Miniatures, which just started as Miniatures 50 or so years ago there sure isn't anything remarkable any more about any of the horses in the history of the other breeds. Interesting.

Then do it without the shetland influence! I think you can do it without the shetland influence too, and that’s what is lovely about AMHR—there is nothing to stop anyone from doing it that way! Maybe some of those non-shetland influenced programs will produce horses that are superior to the Shetland influenced ones. After all, some of the Shetlands being used in some AMHR breeding programs now are NOT superior individuals, in fact, just the opposite—the sad truth is people are buying and breeding them simply because they do have that 2nd set of papers, and they pay no heed to the actual quality of the pony. So, in some cases the shetland influence may be a very negative thing, and IMO it’s quite possible to have some non-shetlands that are superior to some shetlands.
Heh, isn't that similar to some very small AMHA/AMHR horses years ago? AMHR only horses, especial A size ones, were selling for half the price. Sometimes huge prices were paid just because of the two sets of papers. Things do go in cycles.
default_smile.png

Everyone in Morgans is so proud of that one little horse that all their Morgans go back to--the foundation of the Morgan breed--but that was what, 100 or 200 years ago now--wow, that's so far back that he no longer counts as the foundation of the breed, so I guess everyone can scrap that wonderful story?
The Morgan breed did allow outcrossing...I beleive it was to Saddlebreds? You would be very hard pressed to find a Morgan today that would resemble little Figure...in size, or in type. Too bad, as that was the type I favoured back when I had some.

I suggest that you cannot even blame ponies for that—the drop in prices was starting about the time I got into Miniatures, and at that time the ASPC/AMHR horses were just barely starting to take off. From what I saw back then, Miniature prices dropped before ASPC/AMHR became the rage. Many, though, would apparently like to make the Shetlands the scapegoat for the drop in value on Miniatures.
That's the first I heard of that line of thinking...I think everything has it's ups and downs, just the way of things.

What tremendous progress/change has been made over the past 10 years.

I agree with Jackie – the time has come for AMHR to implement DNA and parent qualifying via a long term phased in approach that will minimize economic hardship on its members. The inserting of photos on the registrations has been a huge positive improvement and a progressive step forward – it is now time to take it to the next level in a thoughtful implementation process.

We have a friend who is a poodle fancier – She breeds and shows all three sizes of poodles and is passionate about the breed – The poodle comes in three varieties – the standard, the miniature and the toy. The poodle breed standard for all varieties is the same except for the size. From a progressive viewpoint, when considering the miniature horse – perhaps some thought should be given to considering the possibility of three overall height divisions (with each having the same 2 inch show subgroup that we have now) - small (30 and under), medium (30 to 34), large (34 to 38) or A-B-C whatever the label - may help better serve the needs of all who love the breed – this may also help from a marketing perspective because at the end of the day – each owner, exhibitor, breeder, loves the particular size and type of miniature that they own – which to me is what makes a miniature horse so unique and helps with its wide appeal. Trying to argue which size/type is the best is like trying to argue which religion is the best religion.

So if you want a miniature quarter horse type; check – do you want a miniature Arabian type; check, - how about a miniature appaloosa – check – miniature Belgium – check again and so forth and so on. No one type or size should ever be thrown to the curb by this club or by other club members.

Our farm is located on a main highway and we have many drop in visitors – some with a full size horse background – others with no equine experience – I can share that compared to a 16/17 hand horse – a 36 or 37 inch well balanced miniature horse – LOOKS like a miniature horse to John Q Public. Also consider – people are getting bigger and many full figured people do not want to “drive” a 32 inch miniature - I’ve heard more than one full figured person say they are “more comfortable” driving or even working with a larger miniature – some have shared they want to take their child/grandchildren in the cart too. Researching the reasons behind the increase in the B division ownership popularity may be a great project for the clubs marketing director. The results may be interesting.

I’ve seen every type and size of miniature mentioned above do very well at the Nationals over the past 15 years – but as others have mentioned not all horses can be winning halter horses – nor should the expectation be as such - but they have their special skills and talents that have allowed many to excel in other areas and win National Titles – Driving, showmanship, jumping, liberty, color, obstacle, versatility, to name a few. As the competition continues to increase at the National level (and it will) in each of the divisions – the bar will continue to raise in the fitting, conditioning, presentation and training that will be required to win that blue neck sash. This is a sure bet for the next ten years.

I have many videos of the classes we have competed in at the Nationals over the years – which I consider the best show to attend and observe the best of the best and to benchmark your breeding program – Even looking back just 5 years, I am amazed at the progress made to breed a big horse look in a small equine package in all sizes – Heads are smaller and better balanced to the body, necks are set on higher with more length and thinner throatlatches, better croups and length of hip, a more narrow girth, better movement, bone that balances the horse (not too light nor too heavy) better movement and overall substance ( in all types!). Yes, responsible breeders understand the importance of breeding for the correct disposition as well. Registration paper combinations have nothing whatsoever to do with the above description – amhr – or amha – or amha/amhr – aspc/amhr - there are exceptional animals in each registration category and in each size division – there are also very poor examples.

During the next ten years I hope the club’s leaders practice inclusion for all of the breeds and “sizes” represented by the club, encourage progressive thought, practice critical analysis/review of any and all proposals – both long term, short term and financial, conduct a formal written and/or online survey (fact based) to determine the desires of the majority of the membership and adjust the current processes and programs as needed accordingly to meet both the short term and long term goals that are in the best interest of all represented. I for one am excited about the future.

I see the AMHR going places in the next 10 years. More beautiful horse coming into the AMHR and ASPC. The more you cross these to the more gorgeous they will be..

I also see a lot of the ones that cause trouble for the registry that will be band. Which is a good thing. We dont need them as the cause problems for everone not only the people that show but the staff too. We all can name, names but I will not do that. We are so quick to point fingers and then turn it around. stuff like this needs to stop. I see weeding the ones out that do cause trouble would be a good thing. I dont think it should matter who you are.

I see alot of clubs coming and more shows which would be a good thing.

No one will agree on everything but we will all have to come together at some point to make things work and keep members in good standing. IF not We will not see these things happen.

this is just my thoughts.

Well said Getitia - it is the "blending" that is going to really make the standout horses - by those breeders who are not too blind to see where their horses need improvement - so far, the perfect miniature horse does not exist - some are pretty close but getting CONSISTENCY in that special look is still elusive for most of us - you really need to have a passion for breeding - it is not a fine science - it is being the ultimate critic of your own herd, taking a chance, and then taking another chance, tweeking here, tweeking there - all in the goal of trying to create a horse that fits your dream - for me, it doesn't stop at the foal age - they must continue to be able to bloom thru adulthood and still have that captivating look - in other words: not fall apart, or "grow down" or get thick as they reach maturity -- tough goal, but I feel like we are getting there.

Thankfully with AMHR there is room for all of us to breed whatever size we want - under 30, under 34, over 34 but unter 36, up to 38 - whatever ! ! And there will always be those people who are "hip people", or "neck people" or "head people" or "leg people" - and those people are working on perfecting their particular "hot spot" - for someone like me, who is trying really hard to breed a mini who is under 36 but still looks and moves just like a full size Arab/Morgan it is a difficult goal - scale is scale - and breeding true to scale is really, really hard!

And let's not forget temperament - not going to drag that into this thread - but boy I can tell you that temperament is going to be one of the key reasons that one horse outshines another as we go into the future!

Desiree - thank you for your glowing comments about Prince - he is a pretty cool horse, easy on the eyes, but yes, he can be tweeked also!
default_smile.png

Great thread - fun to see where different folks are comming from -- and like Getitia - I am really excited about the future of AMHR - it has the potential to produce some of the most beutiful equines - and in several different sizes!

Very well put Getitia! Here here!

I have only been in Miniature Horses for a little over 10 years, but it didn't take me that long to see what I needed to do to breed and produce the type of HORSE "I" wanted to show. It won't happen over night for me, and Stacy and I have had many talks about "blending" and also about having respect for those who wish to continue perfecting horses that are smaller or even 30" and under... if that is what the want to do. We say go for it! We're behind ya! It's just too bad that that feeling isn't always recipricol.

This is my first year of a "blended" foal crop with some of my AMHA/AMHR mares bred to my AMHR/ASPC stallions and I am very pleased so far. My goal height range is 33" - 36" so the horses will range between the under and over categories. But if one of them grows taller than that... I'm okay with that too! A good horse is a good horse...no matter how tall or small they are!

I enjoy showing horses very much and like having a choice of going to either AMHA or AMHR shows - under or over divisions or even showing in ASPC if I have a youngster that shot up quickly in height. I also like the idea that if I have a foal that continues to grow... that given the current registry structures, they still have a registry to belong to...I figure they'll fit somewhere. And yes, by doing so... some of these foals will be AMHR only.... during this transition. = ) I believe AMHA's closing year is 2013 not 2012.

As Getitia said, she's looking forward to the future and so am I. I truly believe that if AMHR follows the words of this wise woman
default_biggrin.png
in 10 years, they could become the largest and strongest registry for small equine! Wouldn't that be great to be a part of?!

I also believe however that first and foremost, AMHR needs to make the measuring location a part of the structure of the horse and continue to educate those who measure and the judges that judge them.

Beautiful post Getitia!
default_aktion033.gif

I just wanted to share some AMHA minis that I feel are comparable to their "Hackney" B miniatures. Just some food for thought.
default_yes.gif
There are some STUNNING horses here - I mean WOW!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

http://www.rogershsr.com/Stallions.htm - Ironically also the owner of RFP 6/8 Time - A mordern mini.
default_smile.png

http://www.clokestables.com/

http://mtcminiaturehorses.com/

http://www.srfminis.com/

Also, I find these farms have extremely refined horses, far more then the most of the AMHR/ASPC I've seen. And gosh they are beautiful!

http://www.erlminiatures.com/ourhorses/?c=3

http://allianceminis.com/stallion.htm

There is one other farm.. but I can't find their website...
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back