Where have all the people gone?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have been here since the beginning...Never have posted a lot...but read a couple times a day..If I needed an answer...this is the place I would come to.....
default_yes.gif
: Disagreeing is just human nature..
default_wink.png
: it can get crazy here sometimes. But when we are needed...there is not a more generous, caring, take in charge group on the internet!....... :aktion033: ........

Hey thanks Mary Lou for your response....I appreciate all that you do.

I'm still here....just mostly lurking and occasionally posting.

Hey sometimes it is best to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt! LOL

[SIZE=10pt]
default_sad.png
I enjoy all the energy of the new people but REALLY miss all my old friends on here. Hopefully will see some again more often in the Winter as I know they are very busy in summer.[/SIZE]

Maxine

I am certainly not an oldie but am on everyday lurking unless I want to post some thing. I am at the point that you see the same topics come up over and over and have added my two cents and have nothing more to add.

I have talked to a couple people and we have questions or want to throw something out for serious discussion but within a day it gets bumped to page 3-4 and gets lost with all the new postings daily. Sometimes there is too much "frivolous" new posts that serious questions go unanswered.

What some call bickering I call a lively exchange of ideas and opinions and makes it interesting at times. Flaming never gets us anywhere and you have to be sensitive not to hurt feelings but we have had some lively discussions that I have logged into several times a day to keep up with.

I think this time of year always keeps us busy and cuts down on extra time to log in. Also the recent deaths and tragedies has taken the wind out of our sails. Things seem very insignificant compared to the real pain some are going through.

Am still here too..

Once the weather turns nice I like to be outside, other problem if I am on the computer too much my hands really start to hurt.

So been mainly reading posts.. though try to post every once in awhile.

I also see a few of the older posters here at times. :bgrin

I still visit...and read
default_smile.png

HI Laura :saludando: :saludando: :lol: :bgrin

Sure have missed you!!!!!!

Glad to see you!

I just think it is way more than those off showing, or summer,

cause missing these people go back much further than that.

I was just wondering. I'd be willing to help fix/improve something on my part, if that would help.
default_yes.gif
:

I just think it is way more than those off showing, or summer,

cause missing these people go back much further than that.

I was just wondering. I'd be willing to help fix/improve something on my part, if that would help.
default_yes.gif
:
Well, why don't you tell us what you think it is? If you don't want to post, why don't you email a monitor with your take on things and maybe that would help.

I haven't been around much lately at all either and it mainly started with Marty's loss of her son. I guess my "priorities" just got shuffled around, not that coming to the forum isn't on that list but it's just that there is so much to do at the moment. New barn going up, working all day away from home, babysitting my grandaughter most evenings, looking after the horses and all my critters, just came home with 6 muscovy ducks last weekend :bgrin and for now they are adorable and quite entertaining. Once Fall hits I think you will see more people participating in the forum again. Summer time is breeding time, birthing time, show time....etc for many.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, why don't you tell us what you think it is? If you don't want to post, why don't you email a monitor with your take on things and maybe that would help.
I don't have a problem posting,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm not sure what it is. I just know it is different. That is why I was asking what others thought.

I don't think it has to do with showing, because some of these people have been gone for up to maybe a year. So I was just thinking it would be more than showing. But, jmo.

Well, if there ever issues that anyone wants to bring up with the moderators, please feel free to contact us any time - that's what we are here for!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

Thanks Liz. I feel the same way. And my way of thinking is that if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. But just remember, this is a public Forum and there are no easy answers.......no right or no wrong. (well, atleast most of the time) Some times we are darned if we do and darned if we don't. But we all try to make this the nicest possible place that we can.

Carol

I have been on the forum since the very beginning and I am one who most often logs in as anonymous. I just like it that way. I also go through phases where I am really really busy, especially at work, and for the next year or more I will be that way as there are things happening in the industry that I work in (not horsey) that severly limits my free time in general, along with some major health issues I am dealing with that are making my free time much more limited. So I check when I get a chance, and I definately will be a life time member of this forum, and one day will be posting non-stop like I used to.

It is not an issue of not wanting to post. It is an issue of it adding to the stress in my life, and I had to make the choice of letting those external things that stress me add to my daily stress levels, or go on about my life and make my health a priority for the past few years. When one is so tired because of health issues, it can, and does, change who they are, and reducing stress and getting back into a balanced frame of mind is now my biggest priority.

Also, like some others, I have noticed that it is not always "as it appears", and the more one gets involved, the more one may tend to be a target of this kind of thing. There are some that will make comments on threads that are undermining others and unless you are part of the "private" email discussions that are going on behind the scenes, you don't know it is happening. (I am not thinking or pointing fingers at anyone, so don't even start!) For me, I made the choice to not be a part of that kind of mess in any way, shape, or form. I just don't need that kind of stress in my life, so I choose to lurk more often than I used to. But rest assured, I am reading, and thinking of all those in need, and I am also ready to jump and act on anything that will be a positive force for someone in need in what ever way that I can. I always have been that way, and will continue to be that way.

As far as bringing issues to the attention of a moderator, again, unless that moderator is in the behind the scenes discussions, then the way things are worded makes it super easy to deny. Some may say it is being paranoid, but I have seen this kind of thing in progress on several occasions, and when one gets the gut feeling that there is more being said than being told, it makes one not feel overly joyous at the thought of posting and then becoming involved in that kind of situation, especially if they are trying to reduce stress levels in their life.

Again, The moderators do an EXCELLENT job, but still, they can't police everyone and stop private emails outside of this forum from taking place.

Well, this is probably more than I should have said...

(edited to correct a grammatical error)

Nila,

Thank you for your thoughtful post. Agreed, we cannot assist with discussions outside the forum, but if you have recommendations or suggestions on improving this forum, we would always welcome the feedback.

Liz R.

Thanks from me too Nila! I totally understand where you are coming from.

There are some that will make comments on threads that are undermining others and unless you are part of the "private" email discussions that are going on behind the scenes, you don't know it is happening.
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! But you would be surprised how much we do know!
default_rolleyes.gif
: There is a lot of "history" here on this Forum and believe me there are many who do understand what is going on! No way can we get everything but between all of us we usually can decipher "stuff". Just ask the people who are no longer with us.....and not by choice!

But the bottom line is again, just like we have said......EMAIL OR PM us! If you are getting nasty PM's.....let us see them! We have ways of dealing with those kind. But all in all we have a good group of people here. As in anything in life you are always going to get your handful of Drama Queens and trouble makers. Such is life! :saludando:

I have been part of this forum for about 5 years and I used to post quite a bit with questions when I first got my first mini. Now its not that I think I know everything, but I dont find I have as many questions these days but at the same time I dont know enough about most topics to respond, so i find im just as interested to read the posts and resposes. I am on here usually atleast once a day, if not more. But Im still here. :saludando: :saludando:

~Shawntelle

Well in all honesty....I don't show, and don't breed.....my life took a huge change and I am getting rid of the farm. We will be keeping our 2 original mini's and that is it. I have been here since the very beginning and at this point I do not feel I have anything to contribute or really even that much in common with most here. I only even come read maybe twice a month if that........I think this forum is great and the moderators and ML do a fabulous job :aktion033: :aktion033: ......I still will send anyone looking for info on the miniatures to this board as there is more info here in one place than weeks of surfing will provide elsewhere
default_wink.png
:

I am by no means an 'old timer' but I haven't been on much at all this year....which mostly had to do with our slow internet. High speed is here, as well as my fancy schmancy new computer!!!! :aktion033: So I will be around more....though I tend to not post too much anyways...I'm pretty quiet! I've been tres, tres busy too though with work, showing miss Moxie, and my coach/boss/best friend has had some health problems which have been pre-occupying my mind..
default_unsure.png
:

~kathryn

As a moderator, I have ALWAYS told everyone anytime they have a problem, weather its on the donkey forum or whatever forum..to let me know, and the problem will be resolved. Its truly amazing what people will post, and when others know the "facts" how many pm's or emails the moderators do receive. Carol's comment is so true-- "YOU WOULD REALLY BE SURPRISED TO KNOW HOW MUCH WE DO KNOW". This is the largest mini forum out, and considering the size I would say that 99% of the time things do run smooth. Thank you to everyone who helps keep it that way! Corinne

Latest posts

Back