Where can I get this bit?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBarakah

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wanting to get a couple of the Kelly silver star miniature bits for driving. They look just like the myler bits. There are 2 specific bits that I am wanting to get. I have been looking on the internet but have had no luck. Does anyone know? Would greatly appriciate the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sue C

I looked EVERYWHERE for a bit like this, no luck.

Do you get alot of drool with it? I love a horse with a wet mouth.

Thank you for posting it.

I really like that bit alot.. wish it came a bit smaller though

but will have to get one anyway
default_smile.png

I have just started using it, and do find that they are foaming while wearing it. I am ordering a couple more, so I don't have to keep changing bridles though. I hate that!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Lisa, I thought the same thing with one of my guys, but I just use those 1/8" thick neoprene bit-guards on his, and it fits much better. It is worth a try.
default_yes.gif
:

Hi,

I am wanting to get a couple of the Kelly silver star miniature bits for driving. They look just like the myler bits. There are 2 specific bits that I am wanting to get. I have been looking on the internet but have had no luck. Does anyone know? Would greatly appriciate the help!
I think Schneiders tack carries them. Try this: http://www.sstack.com/shopping/search/sear...eyword=mini+bit

If the link doesn't work go to www.sstack.com and search for mini bits

Hi

I have one. I just sold one and have the one i use left. There pretty hard to find and can be kind of pricy to actually. I love this bit because its so hard to find bits like this. When my nephew uses it to ride Coco a small amount the horse reacts and rides like a big horse. There are amazing bits, this is a ridding bit though, you may be looking for a driving bit? I would be willing to sell it if you were interested, PM me if you are ...

Inv19.jpg

Inv18.jpg

I just ordered two from DeAnna with Double Diamond. They are on sale right now $29.99 or two for $50. I can hardly wait to try then on Rainy and Spotter! A lot of their stuff isn't on their website yet, but they are great about getting back to you and letting you know what they have!

-Amy

I do not know if Schneiders get their bits from the same supplier as we do but we tried them at AMHR Nationals this year and gave them to several trainers - none of whom liked them. They do not bend like the Mylers - they look beautiful but just were not the same. They were like having a straight bit in the horses mouth. We complained about them and I hope that they have fixed the problem.

I hope you have good luck and please report back. They would be a great bit to carry if they work.

Thanks, LisaB - Ozark

The one's I have bend, swivel, and rotate just fine. As I don't have a Mylar to check it against, (and for $140.US I'm not likely to)...it works very well, and what's better...both mine and my friend's horses love it, and respond to it very well.

Having never tried the Mylar, and with the exchange, and extra shipping...those are pretty prohibitively priced bits for the "average guy", I can't seriously compare. BUT, for the everyday driver, who doesn't have the funds for the perfect bit, I say this one certainly works for us. Were I in the Tack Sale business...would I carry them...answer is...a resounding yes.

Hi! Well..... Thanks for all the tips/info. I did have someone contact me and am ordering 2 of the kelly bits that I was looking for.

There was some at Nationals in the trade booth area. I really regret not buying them then..... I have NO clue why..... I think they did have them marked up higher than what I am paying for these. I couldn't remember though "who's" both had them.

I did check the the page you gave me that schneiders' mini bits were on. I had NO clue that schneiders had mini bits? I get a bit of stuff from them too.... But looking at those bits..... I don't think I'd like them. They are not even close to the myler or kelly bits..... Yeah..... looks like there's no bend to them and they are too high...... (I think)..... Anyways....... I am very looking forward to getting my new bits (hopefully in the next week or two).

Thanks again!

double diamond carrys them and they carry them in small sizes. Jen just purchased one at nationals from them that was a 3".

I just received a bit from Schneider's. It was not a Kelly although it looks like the ones Double Diamond had at their booth. I thought I saw a tag on the ones in the booth that had Schneiders on it. I haven't had a chance to use it yet so can't say how well it works.

I wanted to get a Kelly also and worte the people that had the ad in the AMH?(RorA) magazine and they recommened Double Diamond. My only problem was that at the Natl's DD didn't have any 3 1/2" and I have since e-mailed them and not recieved any answer so I went with Schneiders.

The one's I have are stamped and have a tag, "Coronet". They are lower than the Schneider's bits, for sure.

Could you post links to where you are getting your's from...it is nice to see all the bits that we possibly can. It is hard enough, as you know...to find decent mini bits, and we gotta help each other out.
default_yes.gif
:

Are the ones that Double Diamond has, the Kelly bits? Anyone have a picture of them? thanks, Mary

Latest posts

Back