wheel of (bad) fortune

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
We live in Western Kentucky and we've had an unusually wet Spring. Mowing has been spotty due to wet conditions. So yesterday things have dried out sufficiently for me to start the process. I tank up my riding mower and off I go. Did around the house and some other areas and then started on the first of my three pastures. I mowed about half of it and the wheel fell off. WHAT?? Who does that happen to? Come on. So we get the big tractor down there and chain the mower to the bucket and drag the dang thing all the way back to the barn. Today hubby is out trying to locate new wheels and tires.

I am so done with all of this. Really. I hate having things go wrong like this because I am only home such a limited time. We are always on the road to doctor's offices or going to appointments for hubby. I just wanted to get it done. As a result, I had to push the little push mower for 2 1/2 hours yesterday. Not down in the pasture, but up around the house some, just in case they decide to show the place this weekend. I wanted it to look nice.

Oh well, I can look on the bright side....I've lost a ton of weight! A combination of stress, not being home, not cooking and just working around the place has all combined to have a positive effect on my weight. And now that I am down so much, I get to eat anything I want. (Of course, I don't want to eat, but that's another story, LOL)

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't even imagine the stress you are under.

The good news is....the other day I could take off my blue jeans without unsnapping or unzipping them. That's what dropping ten pounds can do for you. Thank goodness for belts or I'd look like those young men being chased by the police who trip over their pants as they fall down to their ankles. LOL

Tonight I actually cooked dinner. WHAT?? Who is this woman? I made breakfast burritos and cheesy hash browns. I even sliced an avocado into mine (hubby calls them yuckacados - he doesn't care much for them). LOL I was in heaven.....well right up until I realized I had to wash all those dishes. But it was the first meal I have cooked in some time.

Today I had to use the push mower for about 2 hours. Pant, pant, dang that's hard work. I was just pouring sweat. Oh wait, we ladies don't sweat. So I was glistening all over and the glisten was dripping off my face and onto the ground. I'd mow for an hour and then take a five minute water break.

New parts for the mower should arrive on Tuesday. Hubby got on the big tractor and mowed for an hour (that's just about did him in). But with me pushing the little mower for 2 1/2 hours a day for the last three days, everything up here by the house looks tidy. I got half of one of the three pastures done before the tire ferry came calling, hubby did one whole pasture so really we've just got 1 1/2 left and then they'll all be done. He has GOT to teach me how to use it. (I may be a tiny bit scared of that big boy) But there is no time like the present.

I've learned to drive the truck and pull a trailer with 50 bales of hay on it. (Of course I made the farmer back it into his barn......I'm not crazy and we only had the one day >>LOL) I've already discussed picking up 50 bales of grass hay from this local guy and expressed my inability to back in and he said no problem, he'd be happy to get it in the right place for me. There you go, problem solved. Hubby doesn't even need to come. Saved him having to do a job.

So the place looks pretty darn good, if I must say so.

more farm pictures 002.JPG

more farm pictures 006.JPG

more farm pictures 011.JPG

more farm pictures 021.JPG

more farm pictures 025.JPG

Your home is just lovely - it looks so inviting and comfortable plus it absolutely shines..........er, glistens ?!

Not only can you drive the truck/trailer, mow the hard way, cook up burritos AND cheesy hashbrowns, you inspire the rest of us and put a smile on our faces.

You are fabulous
default_worshippy.gif

Wow, love your home! Is this the one that you are selling? Wish I lived down there, would grab it up before anyone else does. Did you make those quilts? Fabulous.

Yes, I made those quilts. Too bad I didn't get your name, Lucky Seven, when the Secret Santa names were pulled. I typically give a quilt (lap warmer size, not bed size) as a gift.

Wow, so many things you can do and manage to get done!! That is so awesome, girl. You can lean on us when ever you need to because you keep the rest of us going.

I agree on the quilts. IF you ever have a little bit of time, and could take or post some more pics of those, that would be sooooo awesome.

Everything does eventually work out, I've learned this... Thru my own trials and tribulations w/ looking for properties and homes over the last 26 years. The right caretaker for your LOVELY home will show up - probably at the last minute and when you least expect it!

Take care of yourself...

Your home is So Beautiful
default_yes.gif
.. love the colors, everything is so warm and inviting. I'd have to build a new house to have something that nice and clean LOL. ...and those quilts I agree are fabulous!! You are very talented.

Latest posts

Back