Whats the gas prices in your area? And...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drive a 1996 GMC pickup and I get 17 to 18 mpg, I drive 28 miles one way to work each day and my fuel is $1.29 a gallon right now..it was $.78 but it went up a couple of months ago. No I am not kidding, I converted my pickup to compressed natural gas, this conversion is not for everyone but if you travel as far as I do everyday, in the long run it does pay for itself..

Oh, and regular here right now is $3.49 a gallon..

Danny

Yesterday was $3.89

We normally have the lower end of the prices on gas around here, kind of odd..

It all depends where you go, I would say 3.80 is most common around here,

it's awful, my parents said no to me showing the Minis this year, I am 100% bummed, it kills me.

3.99 here. I drive a HHR, gets about 30mpg which is good because one way to work is 58 miles. My Husband drives a saturn vue which gets about 25mpg, his drive is 26 miles one way to work. We buy disposible cars since we drive so far, usually 4-5 years is all we can get from them. We also have a V10 F250, which gets about 8mpg, we only use that when we need to haul or pull something like the boats, think we will be doing alot of floating this year and not much boating...lol. We also have a 36ft motorhome that gets about 6 mpg, we wanted to plan some trips to the upper penninsula this year, but don't think we will be using it too much this year.

Diesel, $4.35 in upstate Ny. I drive a 2001 F250 4x4 with the 7.3 diesel. I get about 16 mpg while driving around town.

Hubby just filled up the Ram and it cost him over $115.00
default_new_shocked.gif
default_giveup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
regular is about 3.79 a gal and diesel about 4.09 north of Dallas, i drive a Cevy 5.3 and only go out when i have several things to do, work from home and hope it comes down......how many of you are not showing as much or limiting going to horse evens due to gas prices?

Need to update from my earlier post......It just jumped from $3.93 to $3.97.....<sigh>

We went to town today, when we pulled into town gas was $3.59/gal, when we went to fill-up 3 hours later gas (at the same station) was $3.64/gal.

Prices here actually went down a little this week.  Once cent per litre...making it about 3.79 cents/US gallon cheaper than it was last week.  Woo, big savings!

it went down here too, for about 24 hours, now it's back up to 3.99 again.

Regular gas just went up to $4.03 (6 cents) in 2 days.

I saw my first $4.00+/gallon for diesel here in Oklahoma City the other day. Regular is around $3.69 most places. Glad I have my father's mini van to drive and can let my F250 sit. Would not be able to drive it all the time like I used to.

We're now up to $3.79/gallon for regular gas. I should have filled up yesterday...

Vacaville, Calif. (West of Sacramento) Filled up my truck today . Diesel $4.35 gal. (ugh)

I drive a 1 ton 4 door Dodge dually. Gets pretty good milage...we "enhanced" it with BullyDog. Helped a lot especially when pulling the trailer.

Gas was actually higher, I think premium or whatever they call it was $4.49. Usually around here, Diesel is higher than gas.

Sue

Just noticed another hike in regular gas.....from $4.03, now up to $4.07.....since 4 days ago. That's two hikes in a week.

Okay........Scratch my above post. Went into town again this evening and regular gas went UP AGAIN in just a few hours to $4.11. !!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes THREE price hikes in a week!!!!!!!!

Back