For Fun: WWYD/Should I?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLJcowgirl

Reaction score
Hello All!

I want to hear some of y'alls thoughts. My sweet hubby sent me a link yesterday while he was at work to a cute Mini team buckboard wagon in what looks to be good condition. I don't see those very often around here and have wanted one since I got my 1st mini lol. $2500 for the wagon and 2 harnesses. He asked me if I wanted it, to which I panicked lol... he usually sends me that stuff as a "wouldn't this be fun" and not "let's get it". We have the money, and he is ready to go get it if I say yes.

My biggest issue with it is my "team" right now is my 37" 6yo mini mare and my 30" 1yo mini donkey lol. Would I have to get another mini (oh darn ;) )? Hoping the donk grows a bit more to be somewhat matched and who knows if he'll even drive lol.

I'm thinking hard about it, but would like some thoughts.

What would you do? Is that even a decent price? To me it seems so. I know in the end I'm the only one who can make that decision for me. It's all for fun. Thanks! :)

I would say do it! From my newbie stand point it seems like a good deal....but what do I know? 🤔

Go for it! You can always sell it if it doesn't work out, but if it does you'll be glad you did.

I’d say get it. I just built a wagon for my mini donkey team. I haven’t seen the one that you’re talking about but that is what I’d price mine at or more, and then there’s the harness. Of course you need to get another pony/mini to pair up with the mare that you have because your donkey won’t get that tall.

I’d say get it. I just built a wagon for my mini donkey team. I haven’t seen the one that you’re talking about but that is what I’d price mine at or more, and then there’s the harness. Of course you need to get another pony/mini to pair up with the mare that you have because your donkey won’t get that tall.
We're going to look at it tonight. EEK!
And realistically I know the donk won't get much bigger, but it's fun to daydream for a bit lol.

Oh man, we did it! Turns out it's not in good condition, its BRAND NEW, and 100% home made. It's beautiful! The harnesses didn't come with bridles, as they just used ones they already had, but that's ok, I have two. It's also much lighter than I thought it would be... still trying to decide if one horse could pull it or not.

My husband and his family are not fans of John Deere and are therefore not a fan of the paint job... I wasn't going to paint it different though until my MIL suggested painting it like an old fire wagon! Oh man, I want to paint it now! Hubby and my FIL are 2nd and 3rd generation Firefighters/EMS so it's a bit fitting lol.

Attachments

• 20200624_064800.jpg
    20200624_064800.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 10
I can’t get the picture to enlarage but it looks good from the small picture. I can’t tell if they are bicycle wheels or regular cart wheels. If they are bike wheels keep an eye on them some times they will fold over.
Thank you for that tip. I do think that's what they are, I'll watch them for sure!

Hey, that's pretty cool. My hubby is a volunteer firefighter/ems and we were looking for a red buckboard/wagon at one point and finally gave up. I think it would look great painted red with black pin stripping :). You could put his favorite engine number on the back. Good luck with it!

I love it @Maryann at MiniV ! The lady who sold me the wagon has also offered an Amish broke mini.... I'm trying so hard to decide what to do lol we promised ourselves after we brought home the donkey that there would be no more critters until we bought our own property... but now I have this big fun wagon!

Latest posts

Back