Whats the gas prices in your area? And...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
What do you drive?

We just bought gas for $3.99 a gal.
default_thumbdown.gif
I drive a Jeep Wrangler 4 cylinder 5 speed, ok on gas but not great by any means! Hubby has a v10 Dodge Ram. I don't even ask any more how he's doing for gas!
default_whistling.gif
LOL!!

What do you all drive and whats the gas prices around you?

Here in Manitoba--Brandon anyway, Winnipeg will be different--we're now paying $4.50 for a US gallon. The price jumped a couple weeks ago--it had been $4.07/US gal up until then.

We had been doing pretty good--prices were going up all over the country that week, but our prices held steady. I filled up at noon on the Friday 2 weeks ago and got the old price. I did notice the Co-op station was very busy at that point, cars going every which way trying to get to the pumps, and I guess some of the other drivers knew that prices had already gone up at some of the other stations. I didn't know that at the time. A half hour after I filled up, the price went up at Co-op too.

I drive a '94 F-150 and usually fill up every 100 miles--I don't let the tank get below half, or not even to half...got in that habit when I was driving my older truck that had no functional gas gauge. To avoid running out of gas I would use the trip odometer & just fill up every 150 km. So, I just continue with that habit now. Since the price increase my 100 miles of driving costs me $3+ more than it did before.

I was driving a Ford Taurus for awhile during the winter and loved the gas savings with it--it was costing me half what my truck does to drive back & forth from work. But--when the weather turned really cold that car really started sucking gas! Suddenly I wasn't saving anything at all--the car was taking $10 a day and at the time my truck would have been costing me $11-12 per day. I was surprised! Still, I wouldn't mind having a similar car to drive now--in nice weather it would save me a bundle!

I drive a mid-size SUV and a large engine F150. Gas is about $3.50/gallon, or in other words, about 2x what it was when Obama took office.

408868_10150509664248717_10498053716_8897834_1767551043_n.jpg

The other day when I was in town it was about $3.50/gal where I filled up, but other places were a bit higher. I have a Chevy half-ton.

It went up .25 overnight Thursday. I was driving a v8 Explorer and was only getting about 10-12mpg and I drive over 3000 miles per month. So I finally broke down and put $1100 into my older v6 Explorer and am now driving it. I get 21.5mpg with it. Either way, it's ridiculous.

We drive a Dodge Caravan with no seats so the dog has plenty of room

and an 1/2 T extended cab Dodge Ram truck.

We gased up in the outskirts of Seattle last Sunday for $3.97. Gas out

here in the boondocks has been running $4.18 or higher for weeks, we very seldom

buy gas locally but wait until we go up into a more populated area.

Washington has very high gas taxes. Without those gas would almost be a decent price.

In Central Oregon, regular gas is running between $3.91 and $3.93.

Close to 5.00 to 6.00 a gallon in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. ( priced by the litre here and is 1.24 to 1.40 per litre, depends on the day).

We drive a Ford Taurus and it really is very good on gas. However, we are paying about $4.50 per gallon, here in S. Cal. I heard that only Hawaii is higher than us now.

Lizzie

$3.98

I drive a 1/2 ton chevy

Also same price for diesel and have a 3/4 ton Dodge

Lapeer, MI

3.75 here 3.89 2 hrs away..i drive a.2000 tahoe ss..when I have a lil extra I drive my 79 z28 or my 82 shortbed...they get about 6 mpg...they have been parked recently...

3.44 in Fargo, ND-i drive a 1995 Oldsmobile achieva that only has 80,000 miles on it and gets 33 mpg. I remember back in highschool (over 4 yrs ago now) when it was OVER $4.00 because I had to drive to the farm all the time, 2 hrs away. I also took a trip to CA the summer before and gas was well over $4.00. So i'm not going to complain just yet.

I am in Kansas and the local price has been $3.52 for the last week... I drive a Jeep Liberty 4x4 (v6) so with driving back and forth to work (with no extra trips anywhere) I fill up once a week...

It is around 3.69 here. We have a Honda Accord that we share, it gets about 25 mpg avg. If we drove anything with lower mpg we wouldn't go anywhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
I drive a Saturn Vue and a Chevy Silverado. I drive the truck about once a month. Gas is $3.94 a gallon. I just put $7.00 in gas. One thing that does help is Smiths food has Quick Stop gas stations and for every 100 points you get $0.10 a gallon off on gas. I have to go to Sacramento (in the truck) to pick up a Grandfather Clock my father built back in the 70's and I am going to use my discount then. I should have $1.00 a gallon in discount.

My hubby drives a 1994 chevy silverado, V8, and I drive a 1999 Chevy silverado, Vortex V8 2500, this is the truck that pulls the horse trailer, we don't own a car cause I can't afford the ins. on too many vehicles. Gas here has just gone down to $3.79 a gal. for plus is which what I have to put in mine, hubby uses regular and it's a little cheaper, don't know the price right now. I only go to town once or twice a week and try not to drive anymore then is necessary. At least in my area it is going down now and not up. It's gone down about .10 the last week.

I drive an 08 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado and average 18 mpg (as long as I use the non-ethanol gas). It is between $3.50 and $3.55 here.

I forgot to say that the 2002 Saturn Vue gets about 25 MPG and the 1998 Chevy truck gets about 15-18 MPG. The truck gets less gas mileage if I use it in 4 wheel drive or pull a trailer ( about 8 and 10 respectively).I know my mileage because I keep a log every time I get gas. Unfortunately I will not drive those sub compacts or tiny electric cars for better mileage. I fear for my safty in those kinds of cars. I have been hit from behind and cars totaled too many times (all at stop lights or signs) that I need some car around me when I drive. You aren't even safe at a stop.

Shoot I wish I could get fuel that cheap. We pay $1.56 a litre with the promise of an increase shortly. Everything seems to be more expensive here in Oz.

We are at 3.47 for gas

Fuel is about the same price to 4.00 we drive both ram 1500 and a ram hd 2500

Latest posts

Back