What's happening to my colts?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephanie:

So very sorry to hear about your loss - also have no idea wha could be the cause. I am waiting for your necropsy results to be posted sometime (next week I guess). Such pain you are going through.

Hugs and love

JJay

Sounds kind of like Septic Foal Syndrome, read about it in THE HORSE magazine in the issue two or three months ago, can read it if you go online I think. So sorry, I know how scary this can be.

Stephanie - so very sorry to read this. There isn't words to say how sad I am for your loss. We had that happen back in 2004, but didn't have a necro done. It wa suspected heat and/or a rotavirus. Fortunately we haven't had that again.

Thoughts and prayers for you. Hugs to Noko too!

I am so sorry. That is so sad. You are in my prayers.

On the 17th of this month I went out to do my evening feeding and my gorgeous King Lee 15 day old colt lay dead in his pen. His dam didn't realize he was gone so when we went to take him out she went berserk. We gave her more time with him before we buried him.

We couldn't find and signs of struggle, no swelling, it just looked like he went to sleep and and never woke up.

Well, tonight I went out to feed and my beautiful 24 day old beautiful frame overo buckskin colt looked like he was sleeping. Walked over to him and he didn't move. Same symptoms as the first colt. Tomorrow he's going for a necropsy.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen? Neither colt acted ill or distressed. I'm grief stricken to say the least. We had a colt born last night and I'm terrified that something will happen to him. The one filly we have is just fine.

Stephanie

Latest posts

Back