Whatchadointhisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Due to the tradgedy at hand, it's hard to even think about anything else at the moment. I'm sure we are all highly depressed and frustrated. But hopefully, over this long weekend, some badly needed resources will happen for those in need. We are supposed to be having a yard sale to donate the proceeds to the Red Cross. The boys are dragging out all their stuff later on.

My plans for this weekend is to take my present tack room apart and gut it out and clean it completely. This means a huge undertaking of dusting and cob-webbing and sweeping...... since it's stuffed to the rafters with "my stuff." I'm already feeling itchy just thinking about it. I'm going to have to re-organize the whole thing since I am going to be using it mostly for hay storage. I really hate the part where I have to lift up the pallets and clean out from under them. There's always some critters under there that scare me, so I'll get the boys to do that part. I'll be sorting through all my stuff and trying to figure out what to do with it while awaiting the new tackroom space. This will take me about 2 1/2 days with any luck. I'm going to need a dew rag, that's for sure.

I'm anxiously awaiting Jerry to arrive to see what he's brought home in the back of his van for the new barn. Hopeing it's got some lumber in it.

I sent my clipper blades off to be sharpened so if they arrive tomorrow I'm in luck and will be clipping too and bathing.

Stalls are getting stripped in the am and aired out and adding new bedding.

I'm already exhausted just thinking about all this stuff.

So.....whatchadointhisweekend?

Stay safe, be good and pray for everyone that is suffering and as Timmy says: GOD BLESS US EVERYONE
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be the bad guy this weekend. Going to seperate mommies and babies.

Boy,I fell bad already.
sad.gif

[SIZE=14pt] Yard sale tomorrow for more gas money....Starting my trip to nationals on Sunday heading to NY to get my "kids" and then follow the group out from there.[/SIZE]

Lyn

NOT DRIVING...
no.gif

This has been a terrible week, just so sad.

I can't bare to watch tv....

I am planting a Garden of Hope this weekend

and will be hoping those people and all the living

creatures get some relief and comfort.

Sandy

We're also planning to not drive anymore than we have to, but Harvey may have to to go cut grass for an elderly couple he has helped since he was a kid and we have to take Willow and Whitney to the vets for rabies shots and routine heartworm check to keep their heartworm meds going.

Doing some house work and cooking (making chilli)... Harvey will be sawing up some trees we had removed from one paddock and taking that over to our elderly neighbors so they can burn it this fall / winter.

Just trying to appreciate how lucky we are and spend time with my four legged babies. Finally really feeling confident that Winston is going to be okay following his surgery for bladder / urethra stones. Maybe do a little horse driving.

Nothing exciting, and these days that is not a bad thing.

Just continuing to get ready for Nationals; more gathering stuff together, making lists, packing.
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
I'm getting ready for Trisket to come on Monday or Tuesday. She's the mare with heaves that we are fostering maybe adopting(?). She is on CMHR board. I can't wait to get her here. She will be loved unconditionally.
aktion033.gif

Christy

I got the Stall almost finished, I just need to build the gate. I need to put up another pasture tomarrow and she'll be here either Monday night or Tuesday. I can't wait!!!!
aktion033.gif
new_shocked.gif
laugh.gif
saludando.gif
wub.gif

Last edited:
1.Pray for the flood victims

2.Connect the phone and barn cams

3.Move all my spring bulbs to their new home

4.Bath Horses

5.Clean up the yard/bsmt/garage from the "project"

cdfarm, this is a bad weekend to wean the babies...the signs are in the bowels you need to wait until Sept. 13. when the signs are in the knees....it really does make a difference...
wink.gif

I will be spending time with family and friends right here at home, apperciating all we have, for there is nothing better than that!
wub.gif
Many people in our state have generously been loading helicopters with water and food to take to the people in need of the basics. It is so wonderful to see the things some will give up to help wherever they can. So wonderful to be an American .
yes.gif
Mary

Lets see, Hubby is going to teach my son Gun safety and target shooting so the only neighbor that we can see when we are out, can see us using Guns.

Hoping he will let the rest of the vermin know and they will leave us alone.

Can only hope anyway.

Plan to ride Dyfra to the other part of the property to check the fence, most likely need to clear a path.

Really need to drive Maggie, now that I have my cart tuned up.

Hubby needs to move the potted Tomato in which nothing I do with it (every trick I have gathered over the years), gets rid of the blossom end rot. First Modern type tomato I have ever grown, and sure will not grow those again. Will stick to my Heritage Tomatoes in the future.

DS is going to be 16 years old on the 5th. So he would like to go to the Zoo.

Will be the only road trip out this weekend.

Goodness Childern grow up fast!!

Taking my refresher course at Red Cross and working in the shelter as hurricane victims arrive.

Hubby will get to do all my horsey chores this week end.....Bless his heart for being such a wonderful,supportive husband!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, before I say this, I am not insensitive to the struggles those are facing with Katrina and I feel terrible that I am going on with life as if it hasn't happened because I am not but...

I am finishing the sewing for stall decorations at Nationals, I know last minute, but I do best under pressure. 3 new stall drapes, 5 banners, 20 stall fronts.

Printing out the rest of the pictures I need for my display.

Packing the trailer, after I clean all my totes and drawers and put everything back in.

Horse laundry, got that done today.

Bathing horses that are going.

Measuring feed for those staying at home

Maybe clean my house if I have time. HAHAHAHAHA

Go to the dump

and oh yeah pack for myself and hubby.

Probably staying pretty close to home, cleaning up after our two week long horse show and photo shoot chaos. The house and yard has suffered some!

Hopefully lots of house and yard work!

Oh, yeah, I'm weaning foals, too. Two fillies, luckily, they have each other and are doing well so far.

Liz M.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be clipping and getting some recent pics of all my minis
new_shocked.gif

and of course I'll have to share here when I do
yes.gif

COntinue to pray for all of those that need prayers right now.

Work Ike.

Decide if I want to trade a ncie man a mini for a 10 year old riding horse. I went a looked at the horse yesterday and it is just a hard decision. I love all my minis but i would love to having a rding horse and this guy seems to kow what he is going with horse., He has a donkey and a pony now. He used to breed paints. On the other hand my minis cost much less to feed.

Looking for more hay no matter which decision I choose.

Go to the local fair. We have been trying to do it for three days now and I am running out of days to get over there.

Well I will be leaving in about an hour to go spend the day helping to load semi trailers with water and food donations for the hurricane victims. Wish me luck, at least it's not quite as hot as it was here.

I cleaned house yesterday. Today we got up early and took 2 horses to the Vet.

Little Bits and a mare and had their teeth floated, feed store and home. Later cleaning up the trailer and resting the rest of the day. Tomorrow church, then need

to finish the front yard work, hedging, and all. Farrier comes on Monday to some hoofs. Working on pictures for sale page.

REST and hoping some more REST.

Have a great weekend and Holiday

Vicky

working, working, and more working
no.gif
them's the brakes when you run your own business I guess.
rolleyes.gif
Gotta replace a seat on a saddle, and have umpteen other things to finish!! If I get the saddle done in good time, I will be helping my dad and my brother-in-law finish putting the last of the cedar shakes on the house roof...oh joy oh bliss!

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back