What would you say my pony is?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celeste

Reaction score
I have acquired my pony a couple of months ago and feel as though I've had him for years, I love him even though he has tested me soon after I gave him a tetanus shot; I have since realised that horses have the memory of an elephant when it suits them and can be unforgiving but he has gone back to his original self with lots of pats and love, lol.

Can you tell me whether you would consider him a classic, english, modern, etc etc.....Having seen photos of the American Shetland it is obvious that Cherub isn't one of them but then he's not as coarse as the english shetland.....

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559LargeWebview.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
American Shetlands have a pretty wide range of types.

That said, is he a registered pony? If so with what registry? If he's not registered with one of the Shetland registries (ASPC, SPSBS) he would not technically speaking be a Shetland.

He sure is a cutie and has a very kind eye!

He really doesnt look like he fits any of the american shetland divisions (classic, found, modern, MP).

He looks small, i would personally call him a miniature horse, he more looks like an american miniature horse because he is a bit more fine boned.

Judging by the halter, i'm guessing that you are overseas though?

Hi Leeana, yes I am situated overseas, in Australia. I am confused as he is smaller boned than your average island shetland yet he is not as fine boned or as tall as the american sheltie.

Lewella, the pony isn't registered, he has been branded but I haven't really looked into it as yet but having said this I don't know that I will come up with all that much info. even when I do look into it. I agree that he has a kind eye but appearances can be deceiving
default_yes.gif
, having said that he is kind but he can be quite stubborn and unforgiving, lol....I dread vaccinating him myself because he holds it against me for a fair while thereafter. :DOH!

edited because of typo error

Latest posts

Back