What would you do...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Dan

Reaction score
What would you do if you won the lottery???

Lets see, what would I do if I won the lottery???

Well, I would buy myself a nice little horse farm in PA or KY a place where my horses could roam grassy green fields all day. As well, I would build a nice new wooden horse barn with 10 roomy stalls for the horses to stay in at night. I would also buy a shiny horse trailer and nice truck to haul it. And I would save the rest for my retirement, or If I had kids, I would put some of the money in their accounts for college, and donate the rest to Chances.

So, what would you do if you won the lottery???

Hmmmm. I would immediately get a manager to help me make decisions on how to save it so it will last for the rest of my life. I would give a nice big chunk to my sis and her family in Boston (she has ALS and could really benefit from some more cash). Generally, take care of the family. Go on a month long trip to Europe (Italy, Spain, etc.). Build a brand new Dutch Masters barn; nothing too fancy, just something like this
default_wink.png
: http://www.dutchmasters.on.ca/projectshow....category=100072 A big indoor arena. A big sand ring. 4 or five grass paddocks. One big dry lot. Buy one more great mini mare. Buy some top CSH mares (just 3 or 4) and start a small breeding operation. A big BMW. Oh I'm sure there's much more (see why I'd need a money manager
default_wink.png
)

Ive dreamed of winning as I guess most of us have done heheh.

Depending on how much I won, the first thing I would do is cash the check! heheh

I would buy a 1200 acre ranch, build a barn complete with a wash room with heated water, plus a smaller barn for rescues. build a motocross track complete with jumps. Build a decent sized house, a square house, I am tired of living in mobile homes.

I would buy a new 700 honda quad, a couple of sport quads, horse trailer, truck to pull it.

Set up a punkin patch, have a petting zoo, boarding stables,

Set up a non profit soup kitchen and a boot camp style horse facility for troubled kids.

3 words........QUIT MY JOB! I so miss being a stay at home Mom, there just isn't enough of me to go around these days and I would absolutely LOVE to be able to be home with the kids and horses again. I don't know beyond that, but if I was able to stay home again, I would have plenty of time to figure it out!

Jodi

i would buyh my hubby his dream boat......

give some to family,

but i would REALLY love to open a riding school for the disabled......

and buy some portable ventilators for the childrens hospital,

we do ten numbers a week,

my father in law has been betting all his life on horses , he is 77 and won the lottery two years ago, he got 67,ooo its changed his life ,

but he doesnt leave the house now which is sad, but he bought himself , a leather suit, and a big TV ,hes got a bachelor pad lol
default_biggrin.png

my hubby always says hed love to win it, but in my serious opinion , we did when we had our daughter, so i couldnt care less about money now!

If any of you win the lottery, remember I am *very* good at what I do for a living!!!
happy0144.gif

Well the first thing I would do is stay anonymous. It's amazing how many "friends" and "family members" come out of the woodwork
default_wink.png
I would donate a huge amount to St. Judes Childrens Hospital. Share with my immediate family. Invest a large amount. I probably wouldn't change too much about my life as I am pretty content. I might purchase a new farm though with more property.

Well, first thing would be to quit my job.

Hmmm, guess an appointment with Jill would be in order!
default_laugh.png

Pay off the mortgage and find a new place for myself (WITH NO HOUSEMATES other than animals), somewhere on water with pretty surroundings.

Take a trip to Greece with my Aunt, probably Turkey as well to see my ex.

Start a fund for my little cousin to provide for his needs. He is autistic.

Buy a Lexus SUV, maybe a really nice RV and do some traveling to great places for photography.

First I would pay off all my bills of course, then hire Jill and convince her that I need a yacht so I would not be able to invest it all!

I would pay off my parents bills and help out my sisters and nieces too.

I probably would not quit work, maybe go part time, but don't know if I would totally quit.

Split it with our children, and depending on amount, a new horse barn, an indoor arena and a place in Kentucky for us to winter in.

I would leave the weanlings and yearlings here for winter and keep my mares and studs in Kentucky.

One of us would always be in one place or the other and once in a while our kids....who would OWE US, big time, would babysit one place or the other while hubby and I holidayed together for a week or so every 2 months.......I can really dream can't I????

Hmmmm. I would immediately get a manager to help me make decisions on how to save it so it will last for the rest of my life. I would give a nice big chunk to my sis and her family in Boston (she has ALS and could really benefit from some more cash). Generally, take care of the family. Go on a month long trip to Europe (Italy, Spain, etc.). Build a brand new Dutch Masters barn; nothing too fancy, just something like this
default_wink.png
: http://www.dutchmasters.on.ca/projectshow....category=100072 A big indoor arena. A big sand ring. 4 or five grass paddocks. One big dry lot. Buy one more great mini mare. Buy some top CSH mares (just 3 or 4) and start a small breeding operation. A big BMW. Oh I'm sure there's much more (see why I'd need a money manager
default_wink.png
)
How nice are those Dutch Master barns and right here in Ontario?????

I'd pay Sheriff Joe in Arizona anything he'd want to come to this county and be the LAW here

For myself I would like a few new pieces of clothing that fit.

Pay off every bill we have and build a huge new house with lots of rooms.

Maybe move off the mountain or build a good safe road up here.

Get Dan set up for his future and buy him a brand new truck and have it customized and build him a house right next door to ours.

Buy my Hus his dream tractor and a classic car.

Provide a home for dogs and horses that cannot be adopted.

Adopt a baby from someone that won't tell us we are too old or don't have enough space or money and take in foster kids.

Donate the rest to my favorite charities.

I'm older than most of you, so I probably would have to win two lotteries just to do all I would like. New barns, lots of fencing, new equipment, new houses (yes plural), give some to the kids, set up my grandson for life, travel, etc. etc. See, I told you I would have to win two lotteries!

Make it possible for Scoopie to be a stay at home mom again. Move all of us to somewhere warmer. Put enough somewhere so that hubby could retire and we could afford it.

I am sure we have all thought of this lots and lots of times.

First Id go to my Moms grave and tell her that she never will have to worry about me, my sisters and brothers or being able to help send her grandkids to college ( she always seemed to worry about this things when she was getting sick ) and she had always wanted to be well enough to take the whole family to Hawaii.....we never got to go but if I won the lottery a big family reunion would be on the to do list.

I love my house so just doing some fixer up things around and doing alot of landscape and hiring a gardner to help keep the plants alive would be nice too.

Would also like to put up new fancy fencing and a new barn,not necessarily a big one.

Would hire a forum member to live here so my husband and I could take week end trips and know that someone who is familiar w/minis would take care of them well!!

I would pay for Frankie to get a new Silver Plate to replace the one she she had stolen.

Would ask Jill to set up some sort of account to help w/transport costs for CMHR rescues going to new homes and a local free spay/neuter bus for dogs and cats.

P.S. How much did I win??? Do I have any left??

Cool Ideas everyone, and Jill, I promise If I ever win, you will be the first I will call. and Matt, I like your style of thinking when it comes to barns
default_biggrin.png

I would first do the usual things, taxes, set up retirement, pay off my bills. Then I would anonymously pay of some dear friends house and set aside money for my Dad, give my siblings some money so they could catch up some of their bills too.

Then I would buy the land next to me anonymously (because the dude that owns it won't sell to me, he thinks he is the hot stuff big city person) and expand my farm.

I would buy a new 6 horse trailer with camper and truck to pull it. Insulate my barn and expand it another 40 ft. so I could train in it.

Then I would start giving money to charities or people that I know need a leg up, maybe set up a scholarship for kids who make C's in school but would probably break free in college and do well enough to break out of their poverty stricken lives.

If there was enough I would fund a salary for a full time youth worker in our little town so the latch key kids could have someplace to go and get some good constructive help and friendship. Actually I would buy the abandoned school and start an after school program to accentuate the public school system, give the rural kids here opportunities they would never have before. Hopefully spur them to get creative and help this little town grow.

There are so many things to do.

Hire Jill - buy out all our neighbors for a city block - put up tall perimeter fencing and then commence to improving the facilities - bigger house, hobby-room(s), horse-walker thingy, better arenas, bigger barn, and STAFF to help keep things looking perfect!

LOL Marty!! I bet Sheriff Joe would be thrilled to know he has a fan clear across the U.S. since all he gets here is a bunch of crap from people, but obviously many like him or he would not win the votes to keep his job every time. He does his job, and I think more should follow suit. Of course the ones that dont want to get in trouble for breaking the law are the ones complaining...

Anyhow...

If I won the lottery, I would pay off my bills, buy a new truck and horse trailer and find about 10 acres with a cute little country house with a porch that goes aaaaaaallllllll the way around it and the rest in GRASS so my horses actually know what that is! I want a small barn and a garden area in the back and pretty flower beds around the porch.

I would help all my sisters and make sure their bills were all paid off, and organize a family get together so we could all visit for a few days. (I think I would make this an annual event!) I would also help my close friends, who have worked hard all their life and have always been there to help me during emergencies, etc...

I would also donate a lot to various charities, etc.... by getting them things that they need.

There are a few places I would like to see before I am too old too, so those would have to be on the agenda as well.

Back