What kind of clippers do I get...................?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Minis

Reaction score
As my name states I am new to Mini's and just got my first 2 year old filly last week! Hurray!

I am looking to buy a nice pair of clippers so I can body clip her when needed. I have the Wahl Arco cordless clipper I use on my big horses and love them, but to body clip I think I needed a corded clipper.

What do most of you use?? Suggestions please....................
default_smile.png

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
really depends on how much money you want to spend
default_smile.png
If you have more money go for the Double K clippers. around 350.00. If you dont have that much get a good pair of oster clippers.

Good luck

Kay

really depends on how much money you want to spend
default_smile.png
If you have more money go for the Double K clippers. around 350.00. If you dont have that much get a good pair of oster clippers.

Good luck

Kay
I am looking to spend from $100.00-150.00. What do I look for with the Oster clippers, speed , blade size, etc.?

Thanks!

Save just a bit more and get a pair of Laube clippers, they go for around 195 or so with shipping..............they are cheapest at www.theclipperbarn.com

Will BLOW AWAY a set of Osters and are comprable in clipping to a Double K.

Which Laube are you recommending?

Save just a bit more and get a pair of Laube clippers, they go for around 195 or so with shipping..............they are cheapest at www.theclipperbarn.com

Will BLOW AWAY a set of Osters and are comprable in clipping to a Double K.

Double K's are more expense but in the long run, they are definitely worth the extra money.
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

I've never used Laube but have the multi speed A-5 Oster. It was fine when I only had one horse to clip but for more than one the motor is in your hand it gets HOT not only the blade but in your hand. For one horse just get extra blades and it will be fine.

I thought I'd save by getting the cheaper ones too but finally had to cave in and get the double K. It's really wonderful on that first clip (long winter coat) and worth it for more than one horse. I also have a pair of Wahl (battery type) for taking to shows and the best thing for ears is the Pocket Pro (very cheap battery type).

For Face Clips and Touchups I highly recommend the Laube Litening clippers.............HHP MINIS has a set she loves them.

For Body Clips I recommend either the Lazor (full size) or the Mini Lazor. I have used both and both work WONDERFUL. I even got rid of the Double K's and just clip with these.

Talking about clippers here - I was wondering how the Lister Lazer clippers would do for horses? I know I clip sheep with Oster Clipmaster then follow up with Lister Lazer using the surgical blade on the 4-H lambs. Never have tried them on horses but was wondering how they would work?

Thanks everybody, my next question is what size blades do you use to body clip for halter classes? Do you use different size for face and legs than the body?

Sorry I dont mean to be a pain, I am just learning, LOL. I have had big horses all my life but these adorable little guys are a whole new ballgame!
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back