what is your favourite bloodline

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajl

Reaction score
What is your favourite bloodline and what do you like to cross it with? Why do you like it so much?

I just thought it would be a bit of fun (well for me it is, or maybe I just need to get a life lol)
default_no.gif
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckeroo and love it crossed with more Buckeroo or Rowdy blood
default_yes.gif
Of the famous Buckeroo stallions, I think Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (a/k/a "BTU") is my favorite both for the heart he puts on the inside of his line as well as the outward beauty. We have a son and quite a few grandkids and great grandkids of BTU
default_wub.png

Mine are

Buckeye Walnut Creek (getitia) Love love the heads and necks! Great bodies and very up and showy

Ten L (laura) Great hips, bodies and showy

Michigan (doc taylor) same as all of the above

Winks beautiful heads smaller size

Wauk A Way great thin necks, big hips

All above make beautiful crosses

When I look for bloodlines I really look at the dam's side too. So. while I really like Rowdy and Buckeroo (or Gold Melody Boy), I also like Blue Boy, which often (not always of course) comes through the mare line.

My favorite stallion (for what he produces) is FWF Blue Boys Magic Man. I just love the look he puts on his foals and his get seem to appear on every Honor Roll and World Top Ten in halter and driving. Our Magic Man daughter is out of a mare that produced a National Champion mare and an AMHA Top Ten stallion currently for sale for $12,000. That is what I mean by looking at the dam's side. I have heard his get cross well with Buckeroo blood, and we plan to try that.

I really am impressed with Kobecks Chief O Hatchee's babies that arrived here this year.

He's a near leopard appie and has Komokos Chief Running Brave and Dell Teras Eagle on the sire side with a bit of Stouts on the dam side, along with more Kobecks breeding.

He is very refined and while small, he has a nice stretchy neck and very upright head which he passes on to his foals.

371967979.jpg
-Nixons HIll Midnight Serenade

372041349.jpg
Kobecks Chief O Hatchee

I have a few I like:

Sign On The Dotted Line

Egyptian King

Blue Boy

Orion Light Vant Huttenest

Rowdy

Komokos LK Supreme

Buckeroo

Destiny

Gold Melody Boy

and I am sure there are more but these are the first that popped into my head

While I love the Buckeroo and Rowdy lines, my current favorites are Shetland influenced...Arenosa and Michigans
default_wub.png

I like Jandt's Chief Good Thunder (GT) - he gives some amazing action to his foals - I am not sure where he gets it from but I suspect Tattoo

Gold Melody Boy

Buckeroo, especially through Silver Plate White Lightning--Lightning puts wonderful hips and that special show horse attitude on his offspring

Michigan's Hart Breaker - he is registered AMHR & while I don't have him in any of my Mini pedigrees, he is in the pedigree of all my Shetlands. I wish I did have one of them in Mini size!

I am quite fond of Boones Little Buckeroo and Sierra Dawn UNO De Mayo. Those two lines will hopefully be the future of our farm. I must say there are several others out there that are great as well, these are just my two favorites.

Komokos Little King Supreme

& Gold Melody Boy

Mountain Meadow's (The Prince!!!)

While not as well known, my favorite line is Lutes'. A very small farm - topped out at about 15-20 horses, 2-3 foals per year, their 2 main stallions were Lutes' Komo Dandy, and Lutes' Komo BJ. Talk about movement! They cross well with other lines, but the huge trot comes through almost every time.

Landrys Cowboy Del(through Dels Cowboy), and I also really like X-Calibers Little Navajo--he was also a REAL mover, and extremely refined yet with substance when not too many had those traits.

I also like Egyptian King,and suspect that "Parrs Little Man" was a good broodmare sire.

Minimor--I am curious what horse you meant when you mentioned "Tattoo"? I have a mare who is a daughter of AMHA "Tattoo", a minimally marked black overo, from his pic...I know of two other daughters of his, who both appeared in pics to be NICE, well-conformed mares (Laura of Flying A had a Bickels'named appy mare who was a Tattoo daughter, and Mary Bennett has a black overo daughter, also)...and my mare, "Sooner States Melody", a sabino, is a GLORIOUS mover.... did you mean THAT "Tattoo"? Although pretty 'compact' and a tad 'drafty' in the only pic I've ever seen of "Tattoo", he also appeared balanced and proportioned.

Margo

Margo--yes, that would be the Tattoo I was referring to. GT is sired by BS Tattoos Mischief Maker, a Tattoo son. I think I have seen only one photo of Tattoo; he was a thicker set horse than is considered ideal by today's show standards, but he was well conformed & just looked to me like he is built to move. I really know nothing about him, but have heard of other offspring that were good moving & so I have to credit some of the movement of these GT offspring to him.

Others have suggested that GT's movement comes from the Arabian lines behind his dam--Jandt's Fantasy of Owatonna, a mare I've always been told was from Joe Jandt's line of bred-down Arabians. Perhaps there is something to that too, but I've never been a big fan of the Arabian type of movement, and I have to say that in most of the GT offspring I have I don't see Arabian movement, it is more sport horse type action. For some reason, I believe that movement came from Tattoo.

The Arenosa line.......

We have two mares from "Tanyas Little Tatoo".....a stallion from Lucky Four Farm, but he's probably deceased, that produces beautiful babies.......especially crossed with Arenosa.

My favorites are the BTU and L&D Scout lines. And I think these are going to cross wonderfully. I am actually surprised more of you dont like the scout lines.

I am a huge fan of the I'ma Boones Little Buckeroo Too "BTU" line, I think of the whole Buckeroo line, the BTU sons and grandsons (i have a 09' colt here who is a great grandson and he has the "look" already too) have a look to them, the BTU look. Its really neat how when something catches their attention they just stop and strike that btu pose.

I really like the Rock "E" and Michigan line as well for the shetlands and miniatures.

Most of my top picks have already been listed, but a couple I haven't seen yet are:

Shadow Oaks Paul Bunyan, his wonderful son Top Banana, and his many top producing daughters

-and-

Bond Showboy and his three exceptional sons Bond Snippet, Bond ATOY4UC and Bond Peppy Power

These two bloodlines may be older, but I still see them in many of today's winning horses.

Latest posts

Back