What is YOUR favorite horse movie?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
I Love horse movies!!! Always have!!! But my all time favorites are The Man from Snowy River/Return to Snowy River, Hacksaw, Danny, and Sylvestor. I've seen all of them countless times.
default_biggrin.png

So what horse movie/s do you enjoy watching over and over?

Seabisket, Horse whisperer, Man from Snowy River, National Velvet. There are a lot more but I just can't think of them off hand. We have a ton on DVD and VHS.

Dark Horse, Danny, Primo Baby, Misty.. National Velvet and the original Flicka.. and Spirit.. made me cry, just a little!!

My all time favorites:

The Black Stallion

The Man From Snowy River

Dances With Wolves (not a horse movie but I wanted his horse)

Racing Stripes

Seabiscuit

The horse Whisperer was good

My all time favorite (about a ex boxer working at the race track)

what a sucker I was for Ricky Schroeder as a little boy

The remake of the old movie

The Champ

Because I was such a Walter Farley fan growing up, I have to say the Black Stallion and Black Stallion Returns. I also enjoyed Seabiscuit and Man From Snowy River. Racing Stripes was cute. Horse Whisperer was ok, but I was eating dinner the first time I ever saw it and almost threw up when the accident happened!!! I dont have a weak stomache at ALL but had to pause it for a minute to get myself together to watch the rest.... just caught me off guard I guess!!

The Black Stallion

The Black Stallion Returns ( though I am still sad the starring horse died while filming)

Into the West (The Irish one)

In this order: Man From Snowy River, Black Stallion and Ladyhawke-not a horse movie per se but I LOVED the freisian Othello who played Goliath in it. I drool when I watch that movie:)

Didn't like Pharlap, especially the ending.

Arabians are very close to my soul, so I would definitely have to say The Black Stallion. My hubby gave me the DVD on our first Christmas together.
default_laugh.png

Surprised no one has mentioned "Hildago".......Of course it's the ending for me that makes the movie.
default_wub.png

I did my research on Pharlap last night.
default_sad.png
Is the movie anything like The Red Fury?

Some good movies listed so far. I liked Hidalgo alot, and haven't seen Wild Hearts Can't be Broken in forever.

Spirit

Seabiscuit

The Black Stallion/black stallion returns

Hidalgo

Return to Snowy River

the Warer Bros Black Beauty (with Docs Keepin Time -sp??) I always cry when I watch that one

Does the Last Unicorn count? I think it should so Im putting it down
default_wink.png

Hildalgo--where he turns him loose at the end to run wild WEARING SHOES. And maybe get eaten by predators as he got old. Sounds warm and fuzzy, but not sure the guy did the horse a favor.

I'd never watch Pharlap again, or Black Beauty. Life is too short to seek out sadness.

Latest posts

Back