What is Utility Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfarm

Reaction score
Looking at the classes for Tampa State Fair. For Pinto and APHA combined. They have Utility driving class. Pretty new to driving , so do not know of this class. Bad thing is the driving classes are APHA not PthA, which is a bummer
default_sad.png
. I will be going to watch the other driving classes. Its a blast if anyone is Fl.

Thanks

I didn't know what it was either, so I looked it up in the APHA rulebook. It looks like it's APHA's term for Obstacle Driving, although they call them "tasks".

I also looked at the list of classes for the American Driving Society show Feb. 5-7, and they look great! There is such a variety in type of classes. I bet that would be fun to watch. Not going to happen for me, though, in the great white North!

[SIZE=12pt]ooo I want to know what the fl state fair is like after you go! I am planning that for next show season![/SIZE]

jegray21

I will let you know. They used have a Miniature Show at the same time as driving. This year was cancelled. I have been the last 2 yrs. just to observe. Beautful horses. Love to watch the obstacle classes.

It is obstacle driving. They usually give you things to do such as picking up or delivering the mail, parking in a garage (box of poles on the ground), picking up and dropping off a passenger, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back