What is a saddle cart?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moriah

Reaction score
My first question is "what is a saddle cart?"

A friend of mine mentioned this, but I've never heard of it before. I'm familiar with the Hyperbike and racing sulkies, but don't know what this is or where to find it. Anyone else know?

When I think of a saddle cart, I think of a multi saddle rack with wheels.
Well, that certainly would make sense, but from the context of our discussion, she was talking about some kind of thing that you drive.

I remember seeing these a while ago, looked basically like a bicycle with wheels side by side instead of inline so you sat "astride" the cart instead of on a bench seat.

I'd guess that she's referring to the Saddle Chariot -- a rather controversial British cart. Do a Google search, and you'll find some very interesting ciscussions (especially on COTH).

I'd guess that she's referring to the Saddle Chariot -- a rather controversial British cart. Do a Google search, and you'll find some very interesting ciscussions (especially on COTH).
You are right - that is controversial! But it sure does look like fun, and I like the quick release part of it.

Is there anyone around here who has tried this?

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Doesn't look very comfortable to me...nuh-uh.
default_rolleyes.gif
It wouldn't be any good for most of the trail driving we do around here. I would be cussing it and referring to it as a "root-catcher" or "stump-lifter"...
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
I am also not too sure I want my horse to be "released" instead of staying with it, and bringing it to a halt.
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back