What horse shows should be about *photos added

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimomNC

Reaction score
We had the best show this past weekend. The show ran very well, everyone was so friendly and the show turned out great. Not just because of the show, which our horses did pretty good in, but because we spent almost 3 days with friends. Many long time friends and several new friends, it was just plain fun. We all participated in a cook out on Friday night after having a clipping party to help finish up some horses to show the next day. Saturday we all went out to eat and again had a lot of laughs and just enjoyed each others company. This is what horse shows should be about, while we are all there to win, we also had fun with each other.

As for how our show went. Our 2 year old over stallion, RHA Splash Of Curry was third in his open class and second in his amateur class.

Tyler and Samantha in his open class.

264097_10150308018287474_671252473_9294068_8008334_n.jpg

On Sunday she showed her sr over mare, Unos Carolina Showgirl Of LTF which she co owns with Cheryl & Heather Powell at Lucky Trails Farm.

Caroline won her open class out of 5 really nice mares, Sr Mare Over 34" - 38"

Then she won the Champion Sr Mare over, Then she won the Grand Champion mare Over. She also won her amateur mare over class and with Casey Waxler won a good size youth mare over class. Yes, she was wonderful this weekend.

Then she went back into the Open Champion of Champions class and they didn't win that one but were in great company. Then we had the Amateur Champion of Champion and Samantha and Caroline did win that one.

268519_10150308201127474_671252473_9296230_2950526_n.jpg

270698_10150308201042474_671252473_9296227_5177479_n.jpg

We had a wonderful show both with friends and winnings, it just don't get no better than that. Thank you for letting me share our great weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen they both look great! Congrats on your wins. I went to the Fletcher show to watch. Though the turnout was low, it still was a great show and it was so nice to see everyone that I haven't seen in years. There are some really nice horses around this area.

Again Congratulations!

Karen they both look great! Congrats on your wins. I went to the Fletcher show to watch. Though the turnout was low, it still was a great show and it was so nice to see everyone that I haven't seen in years. There are some really nice horses around this area.

Again Congratulations!

For the area 3 horses this show was down just a bit.. THey had 120 R horses and about 50 A horses..

Congrats!!! I had hoped to at least be able to come and watch the goings-on on Sunday but it didn't work out. Maybe next year I'll be able to come WITH one of my girls to show : )

Congratulations Karen and Samantha!! Beautiful horses and beautifuly turned out!
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you, we are very happy with how the horses looked. We will be tweeking a bit for Nationals but otherwise this is my horses on the Purina Mini feed and thats it. Also, no facials at all, both horses were just clipped close. Samantha didn't razor anything.

While I am sure the Area 3 show was fine, we chose to go to DE to show for the second year instead. We love hanging out with all of our friends that go up there.

Thank you, we are very happy with how the horses looked. We will be tweeking a bit for Nationals but otherwise this is my horses on the Purina Mini feed and thats it. Also, no facials at all, both horses were just clipped close. Samantha didn't razor anything.

While I am sure the Area 3 show was fine, we chose to go to DE to show for the second year instead. We love hanging out with all of our friends that go up there.

What did you clip with? I have cliped with a 40 and it did not get that close! I have to Razor to get it to look like that.

Samantha clipped the muzzles with a 50 blade and the rest of the head with a 30 and she did the bodies with a 30 about 4 days before the show. Jill, we had so much fun, I have never laughed as much at a show as I did this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of the fun pictures from the weekend.

Our group together for dinner Friday night. Probably about 10 people not even in the shot.

267612_10150308018162474_671252473_9294062_1342011_n.jpg

And how to get a miniature horse clipped or how many people does it take to clip a horse. Everyone pitched in to finish some horses.

269057_10150308018222474_671252473_9294065_8387370_n.jpg

Oh my, Splash of Curry!!!!

Is he from Jim Currys horse Splash?

What a stunning sabino stallion.
default_wub.png

He is by Splash and we love him. He is currently 36.5" and 2 years old. He will be at Nationals this year in Open and Amateur.

Back