What does a silver bay look like?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanniecogan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, would someone put a picture of a silver bay on here for me. Im really curious about if i have one or not. Thanks in advance

This is one:
Scarlet04_1_4x6.jpg

Your horse is what is referred to in this area as a 'wild bay' I do not no what modifier is at work decreasing the extent of the black points but it is for sure not silver. Pretty little solid bay (one of my absolute favorite colours, especially for a driving horse)

He looks a lot like my wild bay gelding:

Dakota - July 9, 2006 - standing.jpg

Its not a modifier, just one of the forms of bay, I know of: regular bay, black bay (seal brown) and wild bay (the points are extra restricted, and they seem to have more frosting in their manes and tails)

I was going to put up a few pics of my silver bay pintos, but minimor did a great job... Gosh, I still LOVE Reva!!

O, I'll post my two as well.

One is 1/2 shetland - Flower - the day she was born. And 4 months old - shed out, not body clipped.

0921apr821.jpg
090808flower984.jpg

August 2012 - 3 years old.

12aug17fl510.jpg

Winter coat - Dec 2012 -

12dec15flo361.jpg

still in winter coat - 4 yrs old, April 2013 -

13apr26flo676.jpg

OP - your little guy is super cute!

Thank you reignmaker, cool to put a name to the color.

what a handsome boy, i see the similarity in their build also.

paint pony lovr, beautiful baby and she grew up to be a beautiful adult.

Thank you all for helping me out again. jeannie

I didn't really know what a "wild bay" was - so I just did a google search on it. Learned what it is physically described as and also saw some pics of the "pattern" of wild bay.

Chanda, I still believe there has to be some modifier at work that limits the effect of the agouti gene in these wild bays. Most of the time when there is a variation to something like this it seems that there is something more in the mix whether they have identified it yet or not. Either way, your wild bay makes the OPs horse's colour pretty clear.
default_smile.png

Chanda, I still believe there has to be some modifier at work that limits the effect of the agouti gene in these wild bays. Most of the time when there is a variation to something like this it seems that there is something more in the mix whether they have identified it yet or not. Either way, your wild bay makes the OPs horse's colour pretty clear.
default_smile.png
I was reading up on Wild Bay, and they did say that Pangare` often goes hand-in-hand with Wild Bay. Pangare` makes the mealy muzzle and light colored soft areas (flanks, armpits, under the tail, etc). So, you are right, there is often more to it, then just the "wild" form of bay.

Here are our silver bays. We love them.

Fallen Ash Farm's Sienna Buck (sired by Little Kings Buckeroo Trump) and below is her two year old colt.

Sienna12.jpg

CMC Eagle's Evensong (sired by Fallen Ash Farm's Eagle Scout)

Evensong1.jpg

Here's my silver bay, Missy. She's a 4 yr old AMHR mare.

ea3ccc08-4f1d-4e71-8139-296e024e1f99.jpg

She won 2 supreme ribbons at our club shows this past show season.

Here's what she looked like after her initial clipping at the beginning of the season:

IMG_4434-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back