What do you think of this mini ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourluckyhorseshoes

Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I am looking for another miniature horse (they really are like potato chips)-- and I have a few questions below--

Here is the link to the ad: http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/grd/1721515808.html

"Miniature Horse filly. Black & White Medicine Hat Pinto. Arabian-Type, foaled 4-16-2007. TVF's Keepsake Charm [PeeWee] by TVF's Flash Em Cowboy[3rd pic] x Happy Tracks Farm Silver Doll. Never bred. Companion horse. Leads and follows. Great around children. Has not had saddle on Height is 35". Very gentle and friendly. Never foundered. No coggins done as she has never left our farm since arrived here 11-25-2007. Is not currently on pasture, but on hay and a small amount of grain 2x day. Very healthy and wormed on regular basis. For sale @ $500.00"

• Is this a good deal for this horse if she is healthy?
  • Does the fact that she has not been bred mean she will be less moody around gelding or when she is in season?
  • Does anyone have any experience with these bloodlines?
Thanks everyone

Well for one I would not consider her to be a Medicine Hat.

Other than that I won't remark because I am new to mini's but not new to Medicine Hat marked horses. Medicine Hat marked should be mainly all white with little to no color on their body other than the hat (ears and top of head)

The one side of the pictured mini for sale has a ton of color unlike her other side and should not have such heavy markings in the rest of the face and neck.

Some in my old circle would not consider anything a Medicine Hat unless it was mainly white with colored ears and crown of head and a breast shield / war shield (small to med marking on the chest)

http://www.coloredho...com/PP2new.html

The Medicine Hat

medicinehat.jpg
One of the most asked about "patterns" is the medicine hat. Stemming from an American Indian origin, horses born with this coloration were thought to be sacred and were cherished in a tribe's herd.

The ideally marked medicine hat is completely white except for a "hat" of color over its ears and forehead. However, any pinto-colored horse can be labeled a medicine hat if it has the obvious "hat" markings amidst its other spots. (If you scroll up and down this page, you will find a splash white overo, another tovero, and a sabino overo which also qualify as medicine hats.)

The perfectly marked medicine hat is usually a tovero, but these horses can be overos and tobianos too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is hard to tell from the pics as they are on angles that do not show the horse very well I would request better side view pics of her. Her not ever being bred doesn't affect the way she will act as all horses act differently when they are in season. I think that it is a decent price.

Well for one I would not consider her to be a Medicine Hat.
Took the words right out of my mouth. She is a pinto.

Are you looking just for another pet?

Sorry, never heard of that breeder.

I agree with Riverdance in more than one regard.

She is not a medacine hat, she is a pinto, looks to be a tovero.

You need to decide what you want to do with your mini(s).

Sure, if you just want a pet to play with, great.

If your looking to show,or may want to down the road, what did you want to show in?

Is this horse going to suit your long term goals, what ever they may be?

Latest posts

Back