What Do You Have Cooking For 2009

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Matt, I sure hope so. I have one Medalion daughter now that is a Res World Champion and hope these mares will give me something just as good.
And Sandy don't take this the wrong way but I have never hoped anyone had a colt more than I do Semi LOL. Cause I have some mares that would love to visit a handsome young man with those parents. Good luck and I will be crossing my fingers LOL.
hehehe Karen,,, thanks, I have had the same thought! A nice colt

would be awesome! Semi was just confirmed in foal the day

I left to go to the Champ Show.

I have met several Billy Baby owners,,,, they are all thrilled....

We have the "BillyClub" thing goin' on
default_smile.png
)))

I can't believe your fillies are all grown up already!!! They are beautiful!

You have a nice bunch coming for 2009. WOW

I am expecting two foals next year sometime in March. I am really excited. These may be the only two foals we ever produce. I don't want to sell my babies. I am a TERRIBLE horse seller. So I am going to geld Esprit and Sensation, and enjoy my little equine herd as it is without producing more. I love to train my horses and show them, that is where I will focus instead of breeding. Anyway, here is what I am expecting!

This is probably my most anticipated foal! I have waited five years now to get a foal from Alladdin. I finally felt like I had the "right" mare for him.

BBFs Silver Stepper:

bigtrot.jpg

to Mountain Meadows Alladdin:

OG2007-Halter1.jpg

And I am hoping for a real nice baby from these two:

Mountain Meadows Tymeless Flirt:

Evergreen2007-halter.jpg

To Mountain Meadows Bey Durango (he is not mine, so you will have to go look at Sandee's web site!)

http://www.gondolinretrievers.com/Horses/index.html (look on the stallions page, he is at the top)

So fun looking at what is "in the oven!!!" :D

I only bred 5 of our 15 mares this year. Just one time each, so I don't know who took or not.

I'm trying to cut back numbers so didn't breed very many.

I KNOW I need new pics of him (LOL) but I'm excited to have bred a few mares to

Kickapoo Moons Phantom Feather!!

website1005026.jpg

I have one foal due next May. It will be pinto as mom is lab tested homozygous!

The sire is my two year old colt - Jones Blue Nightrain(Roan Ranger/Blue Boy)
default_wub.png

I believe he is a half brother to your mare Villas Party Doll minimomNC, isn't she sired

by SG Rangers Nightrain, also?

Nightrain_leftsidebody1.jpg

The dam is my mare Sunrise Hill Sandmans Snow Angel. She has some Bond greats in her pedigree as well as Orion Light Vant Huttenest. She is shown with her 2008 colt by Windhaven Little Heartbreaker.

100_0932.jpg

angel5_07a.jpg

Very excited about this foal, "Rainy's" first.
default_488.gif

Should help me get through Maine's long cold winter dreaming about this baby.

Only the first two mares are confirmed so far, though I'm almost positive the third mare is as well. Remaining three I don't know yet...

Not a mini, but my arab pony is in foal to a Straight Egyptian son of The Minstril, so the stallion is half brother to Thee Desparado

calitrot12sm6117.jpg

The following mares are or hopefully are in foal to VFG El Arlequin, here's a photo of him

spintrot71-20-8.jpg

confetti326-6-8.jpg

sage176-6-8.jpg

cocoa11corr.jpg

casi35-24-8.jpg

And my final mare is hopefully in foal to C.J. Cameo's Royal Chianti:

chianti448-3-8.jpg

ruby6.9287.jpg

Jessi

Thank you Sandy, I am also surprised at how my girls have grown, just like children its hard to believe that are adults now. Especially Analisa since I have had her almost all of her life.

And yes Birchcrestminis, Party Doll is sired by SG Rangers Nightrain who is a Little Blue Boy and Roan Ranger grandson. She is also a full sister to Villas Kachina Doll and together Kachina Doll and Party Doll went Res Champion Produce of Dam at the 2004 World Show. I love Nightrain and I think he has sired some outstanding foals. Oh, his owner is the best ever. She breeds some great horses.

Looks like there are going to be several gorgeous foals running around in 2009.

We have four foals coming, but I may breed two more - I'm still thinking about it.

Our stallion:

Magic Mans All Izon Me

Izonadult.JPG

We have bred him to:

Bear Branch Painted Red Snow

DSCN1305.JPG

LMAS Katies A Keeper

Katies-A-Keeper.JPG

Scott Creek Black Satin

Black-Satin.JPG

Gypse Rose has also been bred to Izon and we may breed two more (Rose and Whirlwind) They can be seen on our website - Still thinking about it. Hope you enjoy!
default_smile.png
:) I do have a breeding coming from Bear Branch Wind River Feather but decided to wait until next year to use it as he is still out showing and winning!!
default_wub.png
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have 3 expecting for 2009, however one I am really not sure.

SG Little Blue Thunder 30.5"- National Champion Producer/HOF Producer(just found out his first show foal reached his HOF in Halter, YEA!! and thanks to the Morris'!)

59_thundertmhv1.jpg
Pictured this year at a young age of 16! :-D He is AMHA/AMHR, and for sure I'll have his foals in the new performance futurity(A) and R futurity. Also thinking about doing the regular AMHA futurity, but cash is low, soooooo
default_rolleyes.gif

Thunder has In foal:

59_queenie1.jpg
Grants Little Miss Queenie-AMHA/AMHR registered. I am very excited to see this cross! She is 31.5" tall. First foal for her. She may be due in March or April. However I really think April.

Thunder, Possibley Bred:

59_darling1.jpg
Buffalo Runs Darling Boo Hoo(actually this was an accidental breeding, as I was wanting to get her more weight on,ect before she was bred she come from a really bad place!!!! At least I have plenty of time to work on that before the foal gets here if she is in foal?) If she is bred she will foal around May 5th. She is AMHA, and I am getting her AMHR papers. 33.5"

Outside stallion:

magnumatkhpframe.jpg
Arions Magnum P.I.- Regional Top Ten in Pleasure driving. Silver and white. He should produce some pretty babies. I swapped for the following mare, and she is bred to him. He is AMHA/AMHR.

In foal- Running Creek Farms Jilleah. AMHR registered, will soon have her ICHR registeration papers as well as PtHA. Pretty mare. Has had some beautiful foals. I don't have a good picture of her yet. Can't wait to see this baby, it ought to be a colorful driver!
59_jillrightside.jpg

Well there's my 2, or 3? Just hoping for live healthy babies, good deliveries and the moms to be ok. I will more then likely keep all!! :)

Well for me 2009 will be the foal crop that I have look forward to for 14 years of breeding as I finally have 6 mares due out of my first "real" herdsire!! On top of that I have a mare that I bought this year that is bred to Sequoia's Majestic Mime so I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. Of course 2009 will be the longest winter in history!!!
default_laugh.png

Below is the stallion that the mares are bred to. The mares can be seen on my website so I won't take up all the space listing them here individually. Anyway I cannot convey how thrilled I am to see what he produces.

Hey Jill: I am putting in my order for a perlino show quality filly as I need to add one to my broodmare band as I love the Buckskins!!! or a pretty golden Buckskin that you are actually willing to sell!!! so just cook one of those up for me will ya!!

smittystallion.jpg

We are anxiously awaiting a few foals ourselves in 2009
default_smile.png
Some of which should have me hopping up and down so if you see your computer screen bouncing it is probably me posting pics of the babies
default_new_shocked.gif

I will list a couple I am REALLY excited about

LM Hawks Rare Treasure- our new boy that will probably be in the showring next year.

TreasureJune2008.jpg

He is bred to

Satans First Class Lass-2x Reserve National Champion

Little Kings Echo Empress-producer of Reserve Grand National Champion

LM Bravos Tootsie- cute cute cute

Champion Farms Nighthawk

Bred to

Zephyr Woods Shawna Supreme

Zephyr Woods Sailors Phenomenon

Zephyr Woods Dreamy Faline

LM Mischiefs Elvira Blue- just got her. She is BEAUTIFUL and a great producer

First Knights Billy Idol

Bred to

Zephyr Woods Bonus Affair- hopefully repeat filly- We love White Wedding

WC Betty Bop- New mare for Treasure next year. National Champion producer. Hopefully another beautiful filly for us.

Painted Sue- A piece of history
default_smile.png
hopefully has a filly

We have more coming by Treasure and are on the website.
default_smile.png

I KNOW I KNOW I will probably get all colts. After getting 12 colts out of 16 foals I figure what the heck what happens happens.
default_unsure.png

Wow, I see crosses I will be anxiously waiting for next year from a lot of you!! And Kitty and Jill.... let's just say I will be saving my pennies to do some shopping in the next couple years
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

After quite a few foal-less years and a devastating year this year losing both our 08 foals (FWF Little Wardance foal lost at about 6 months gestation and our Mickey Mouse daughter had the most gorgeous refined but sadly stillborn colt at 290-298 days....) we are really excited about 2009!!

All three of our mares are bred to the same stallion, Little Kings Prince Echo (Little Kings Buck Echo and Aaprina In Buck Commander Jhenla who is sired by Little Kings Buck Commander). Prince has unfortunately never been shown but I just LOVE him, what a fancy moving, spirited, sweet little horse and I love the way he is put together.

My first mare due is 18 year old Star Farms Whitney (Sierra Dawn Uno De Mayo X Gracy Mae). Whitney is due April 5. She has produced at least 3 National Champions that I know of and Reserve National Champions as well (I'm still researching). Whitney had a very successful show career as a young mare

StarFarmsWhitney_side.jpg

Here is one of Whitney's show babies LaVista's Whitney's Remarkable Rose. Rose was owned by Willow Creek Farms before her death last year

LaVistaWhitneysRemarkableRose_side.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Deiles TidBit (Wittmack's Mickey Mouse X Komokos Tidbit) is due April 29 but tends to have her babies around 310 days it seems. TidBit has also had many successful show foals including 3 sired by Boones Little Andy.

DeilesTidBit_rightside.jpg

This is Galloping G Aces Summer Sizzle, TidBit's 2007 filly, now owned by Little Heartwood Miniatures

Sizzle_side_5_07.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My last mare due is not confirmed by US yet but fingers crossed....

This is National Top Ten Halter Kickapoo's Hot Tamale (Hemlock Brooks Cock Robin X Johnson's Missy). Should be due in May or so. Molly is such a HUGE moving, pretty, typey mare - I am hoping for a halter horse that can be a serious driving horse as well
default_wub.png
Molly is also pictured in my avatar.

Molly_front_best8_6_08.jpg

This is Melody, Molly's 2007 filly, previously owned by Brandi here on the forum and now coming back home to us
default_wub.png
Photo credit for the Molly and Melody pics goes to Brandi
default_smile.png

Melody_trot_6_08.jpg

Sorry about all the pics
default_unsure.png
It is partly because of the quality of their previous foals that I choose these mares (in addition to their own quality of course) so I can't help but share
default_wub.png

Here's what I have planned for May/June '09. I can't wait!!!!

Ravenwood Medalions Royalty (Sids Rebel Grandson):

DSCF0005-4.jpg

DSCF0019-1.jpg

And Bane's Egyptian King's Frosty (Egyptian King Granddaughter) (the first pic is from 2 year's ago when she was a yearling...can't find the greatest pics):

Lexus1.jpg

DSCF0030-1.jpg

Here's what I have planned for May/June '09. I can't wait!!!!

Ravenwood Medalions Royalty (Sids Rebel Grandson):

DSCF0005-4.jpg

DSCF0019-1.jpg

And Bane's Egyptian King's Frosty (Egyptian King Granddaughter) (the first pic is from 2 year's ago when she was a yearling...can't find the greatest pics):

Lexus1.jpg

DSCF0030-1.jpg

I have two, originally planned one, but a rare opportunity became available:

cherry3981.jpg
pharaoh1.jpg

Raftered Hearts Cherry Bomb (dam to Mouse and Pyro, Kyan and many more Forum faves) X Sierra Dawn Uno's Pharaoh

Hehe, this foal will be Pyro's half-brother and his uncle...
default_wacko.png

And:

lsweb.jpg
(sorry, no pics of Topper...his mama is very busy and neglects my requests! ;)

Raftered Hearts Raven Star X Columbia's Top Flite, a son of Hidden Meadow's Mittey Titian (does anyone know why his name is spelled so wonky?)

I am not re-breeding either mare for 2010, and who knows, I may not again. I still have last year's foals and will be at capacity, so I do not want to prematurely push anyone out of the nest due to overcrowding and not enough time to socialize them all.

The little ones are due in Feb. so watch for them beginning with the April shows....

Liz

Well I don't have any great photos of my mares... which I'm working on .....but we have 8 bred to the fellow below.....our silver bay.... Tibbs Rapid Transit
default_laugh.png

TRANSIT%20LIZ%202005squiggely(5).jpg

I have two, originally planned one, but a rare opportunity became available:
cherry3981.jpg
pharaoh1.jpg

Raftered Hearts Cherry Bomb (dam to Mouse and Pyro, Kyan and many more Forum faves) X Sierra Dawn Uno's Pharaoh

Hehe, this foal will be Pyro's half-brother and his uncle...
default_wacko.png

And:

lsweb.jpg
(sorry, no pics of Topper...his mama is very busy and neglects my requests! ;)

Raftered Hearts Raven Star X Columbia's Top Flite, a son of Hidden Meadow's Mittey Titian (does anyone know why his name is spelled so wonky?)

I am not re-breeding either mare for 2010, and who knows, I may not again. I still have last year's foals and will be at capacity, so I do not want to prematurely push anyone out of the nest due to overcrowding and not enough time to socialize them all.

The little ones are due in Feb. so watch for them beginning with the April shows....

Liz
WOW LIZ! You will have more awesome babies... for sure. Pharoah is incredible.

I can't wait to see them!!!!!!!

~Sandy

here is my mare poppy

DSCN1477.jpg

who was bred to my stallion Blazer(he is homozoyges for the tobiano gene)

1093076024_l.jpg

this will be Blazer's 1st foal!

There are some very exciting crosses next year and I will be looking forward to seeing everyones kids next year!

Here is one of mine that I am excited about-

Chantilly Acers Ice Storm- My personal favorite mare whom I recently bought back from a friend of mine-

webstormy.jpg

Bred to her Multiple World show winning stallion-

Grosshills Mister Boogerman-

misterboogerman2004worldshowsmall.jpg

Mister has had some incredible kids including a reserve champion, and breeds very few outside mares. Stormy's 08 colt by Mister this year is lovely and a repeat would be fine by me!

I also have another mare who is hopefully going to be in foal to Mister for next year as well, but as I don't have vet confirmation, I don't want to count chickens. ;)

That's all for next year in the minis, unless I go shopping which I may be doing here shortly- :D

(For the Big horse folks, I do have a Pablo foal coming next year by my Stunning premium Holstiner mare Grand Gala- I am besides myself over this foal, as well as a one of my Welsh mares- but 2009 is going to be my super year for breeding crosses.)

There are going to be some awesome forum foals in 2009
love0034.gif

Hey Jill: I am putting in my order for a perlino show quality filly as I need to add one to my broodmare band as I love the Buckskins!!! or a pretty golden Buckskin that you are actually willing to sell!!! so just cook one of those up for me will ya!!

Wow, I see crosses I will be anxiously waiting for next year from a lot of you!! And Kitty and Jill.... let's just say I will be saving my pennies to do some shopping in the next couple years
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Awww
default_wub.png
Thank you Sherry and Shauna
cloud9.gif

Back