What Do You Have Cooking For 2009

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Now that foaling season has wound up for most of us, I thought it would be fun to look forward and see what LB members have in the works for 2009!
default_yes.gif

This year, we had 3 foals, and we plan for only 3 next year as well. I'm very excited to meet the new babies
love0034.gif
Here's what Harvey and I anticpate for 2009:

Two of our perlino pinto mares, Erica's Sweet as Sugar ("Sweetie")http://www.whinny4me.com/sweetie-page.html and Erica's Double Dipped ("Double")http://www.whinny4me.com/double-page.html, have both been ultra sounded in foal to our Hall of Fame National Champion stallion, Erica's Echos of My Destin (HOF)http://www.whinny4me.com/destiny-page.html. Both mares are granddaughters of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too ("BTU") and Destiny is a grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo. SO, the foals will have lots of Buckeroo behind them and my hunch is they'll be buckskin to boot. Sweetie is due in February 2009 and Double is due in April 2009. These will be our FIRST Destiny babies:

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg
Destiny

Sweetie%20061808%201%20MARES.jpg
Double%20CG%20MARES.jpg

Sweetie (left) --- and --- Double (right), with our 2008 double bred Buckeroo filly, Cover Girl
Then our silver buckskin mare with dun factor, Wee Equine Acres Dun Sweet ("Maddie")http://www.whinny4me.com/maddie-page.html, has been bred to our AMHR National Top Ten / AMHA Honor Roll stallion, Erica's Gone and DunIThttp://www.whinny4me.com/dunIT-page.html. Maddie's 2007 double dilute colt has been showing very well up north and we look forward to her first foal for us. She is due in May 2009. This will be DunIT's second foal season and we are proud of him for is "work" on our 2008 babies.

DUNIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20170%20BRUSHED.jpg

DunIT

Maddie%20002%20MARES.jpg

Ms. Maddie
As exhausted as we felt during our foaling season this year -- of course we now can't wait for 2009! I would bet a bunch of you feel the same
love0075.gif

[SIZE=14pt]What about you all? What foals do you have planned for 2009?[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill,

I too am waiting for 2009. I only have one mare acutally ultrasounded in foal and she will be due in early February.

The rest of my mares will start in April and go through July if all have taken. So far I am seeing no signs of them coming back in"

I am anticipating 6 babies for next year.

Arlene

We are expecting between 5 to 7 foals next year. Two are in season as we speak and in with the stud. One is ultrasounded in foal to Arlene Foulks wonderful stud Grahams Classic Entertainer, Have one bred to Ernie lambdin WCF Stainless Steel. The others are bred to our stallions. D&S Mack The Knife. Filipowicz Just In Time and Filipowicz Thats All Foulks. Looking forward to 2009 foaling season and show season. Foals should start srriving in late Febuary and on through the season.

Here are our expected foals for 2009.

Little Kings Junior Jinx - AMHA/AMHR

jinx0916.jpg

Little Kings Heir To Glory - AMHA/AMHR

glory0916-1.jpg

Glory is the dam to Irish Hills Miss Michigan aka Lil Erica and Erica's colt Handsome. This foal will be double bred Little Kings Buckwheat.

Irish Hills SG Fascinating Rhythm - AMHA/AMHR

rhy1-2.jpg

This is a repeat breeding. I still have to introduce Jinx's daughter.
default_wub.png

Little Kings B T Buck Bandito- AMHA/AMHR

dito.jpg

Cross Country Penny Lane - AMHA/AMHR

pennymidland5a.jpg

Penny from her show days. This is also a repeat breeding as Penny is the dam of Erica's Pocket Change. Penny is also the dam of Erica's Big City Bank On Me and his full sister JMS Irish Hills Big City Promises.
default_wub.png

Cross Country Call Me Sassy - AMHA/AMHR

sas0809.jpg

Actually Sassy is for sale.

Buckeye WCF Stainless Steel - ASPC/AMHR owned by Ernie Lambdin

No picture...yet!

Hites LW My O' My - ASPC/AMHR

Image181.jpg

Mia being shown by Ernie. Mia is homozygous for pinto so at least one pinto baby coming next year.

Graham's Classic Entertainer - ASPC/AMHR

ET7050024.jpg

Owned by Arlene (afoulk). Sire to Mia above and I just remembered ET is homozygous for pinto...two pinto babies next year!

Martins Mardi Gras Sunset - ASPC/AMHR

3yr.jpg

B & L's Rock-E granddaughter. Full sister went Top 4 at Congress this year.

D & S Okie Dokie (chestnut pinto)

No picture.

Martins Mardi Gras Sunburst (bay) - ASPC/AMHR Hardship

No picture. This is a full sister to Sunset above.

Think that's it.

We have two foals due for early March and early April 2009.

Both mares are in foal to Ravenwood's Res World Grand Champion, Mulitlple World Champion and Multiple World Champion sire, Hunt House Farms Medalion.

photo-full.jpg

The first mare is Res World Champion Villas Party Doll, and one of my personal favorites since the first time I saw her as a yearling. She is now 5 and I just love her even more. We lost her filly this year after a 9 day fight, but we hope her next foal looks as great as her first one did.

This photo was taken just a few weeks ago by Robin Cole and I just love it. Party has been in the pasture for 3 years and I think she is still wonderful.

partydoll3.jpg

The other mare is Wee Equine Acres Moonlight Shadow, I love the look of this mare and at 3 years old, she still is very refined and leggy.

shadowsm.jpg

I also still have one mare to check so its not offical yet.

This mare was one of the last horses my husband bought for me. I just love her and have since the day I laid eyes on her at a month old. She is now 4 and hasn't been in the show ring in 3 years, she was top ten honor roll in AMHA in amateur and aote and took several supremes for us.

Honeysuckle Knoll Sundances Analisa - this photo was also taken recently by Robin Cole. She is straight out of the pasture, a bath and bridle path clipped, thats it.

analisa4.jpg

We hope she is in foal to our jr stallion, Ravenwood Mr Magnificent.

diego1sm.jpg

Four foals on the way next year, two by outside stallions and two that i bred and are in foal to my line bred BTU stallion..

In foal to westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko 33" Double bred BTU line bred stallion.

16NarkEarlyAug08.jpg

15NarksEarlyAug08.jpg

Little kings Crimson Dream AMHA/AMHR 32" daughter of Little Kings Supreme Dream.

D11.jpg

Wa-Full Benita AMHR/ASPC 38" Benihana daughter (who is a double superior dam)

001Marsupd.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mares bred to outside stallions....

East Acres Cotton Candy 34" R mare

*In foal to Little Kings Junior Jinx pictured in Sheryls post.

001mrsupds-1.jpg

On The Rise Farm Silver Angel 33" A/R Egyptian King Granddaughter, Rowdy Great Granddaughter and a Buckeroo Granddaughter ontop.

*In foal to Fishers Cisco Kid, a 29" blue roan leopard appy stallion.

00MaresUpdate1.jpg

Ang11.jpg

I'm hoping for my first "homegrown" foal next year and my stallions first foal ever. We have been breeding her every other day since Friday and I really hope she takes! It's a little later in the year then I was hoping for, but then Belle can have a year off. I wanted to ultra sound to confirm, but I can't find a vet to do it so I guess we will just wait and see!

T's Dressed To A Tee

3 yr old Silver Dapple Pinto

Picture038.jpg

Flaby's Society Belle

16 yr old Smokey Black

BelleFront.jpg

Yep, count me in as a 2009 anticipator already!!

Our Multi-Champion and 3x World Top Ten stallion Be Bops Leader Of The Pack AKA Harley

harleytree-260x278.jpg

Harley is bred to 2 mares for 2009. The first is a maiden mare due mid to late March~

MM&S Echos Spirit Alibi a Buck Echo granddaughter

DSC041752-318x231.jpg

Then we have a repeat breeding of Blue Stars Color Me Tu Regalo a Heermanns Jimmy Joe granddaughter Due mid April

DSC02059-316x255.jpg

Last foal from this cross is Multi Champion and 2x World Top 10 Blue Stars Queen Victoria who is owned by Tiffany Porter and currently (hopefully) in foal to Avantes Chasing The Ace (full brother to Avantes Celtic Melody-2007 Champion of Champions) so am pretty much anticipating that one as well!!

toribodyev-390x483.jpg

I am also already anticipating a repeat breeding in 2009 for a 2010 foal of Blue Stars My T Fancy to Little Kings Zorba Buckeroo for another one of these...filly though this time please!! LOL

IMGP3970-326x258.jpg

I am really looking forward to seeing everyones foal crop next year. How exciting, beautiful mares and stallions.

I bred 3 mares for 2009, but I'm only sure that 2 of them are pregnant, will get the third one checked later this fall.

CCMF Legacy's Color Maker (leased for breeding season) World Top Ten sorrel snowcap/fewspot stallion, awesome action on this boy, and a very sweet temperament, I'm eager to see what he has this time around (his first foal crop this year is with Lost Spoke Ranch).

ColorMaker.06.jpg

Due in April 2009

Crayonbox Wild River Canyon (Canyon) sorrel tobiano/sabino pinto beautiful mover, fingers crossed for a pintaloosa!

Canyon.trot.1-21-06.jpg

Due in June 2009

SH Black Crystal homozygous black

Crystal.flowers.3.6-30-02.JPG

Possibly in Foal

Almost Heavens Frosty Chip

AlmostHeavensFrostyChip.jpg

'sigh' I'm sooo jealous of everyone here. Your horses look great and next years foals should be worth anticipating. I only bred one mare this year and she just came back in heat last week. I bred to an outside stallion that is not available again until September which is far to late for me.
default_sad.png
Ah well it will give me more time to work with the ones I already have.
default_smile.png

There is a possibility of 5 here, and 4 more outside mares I bred. I am waiting to get some ultrasounded.

I am excited as a few of them are new crosses. And I cant wait as its been a bit depressing around here since I sent two of my foals to new homes yesterday
default_sad.png
. First mare is Due in Feb.

Heres my stallion. Really need new pics as these are from a yearling and hes 3 now.

Booadd.jpg

Mares he bred....

Fantasy Corrals Mercedies(outside mare). Homozygous pinto, double reg.

mercedies.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Enchanted Dream-R sorrel frame overo

Dreamer.jpg

Cookies Fantasy- R varnish appy for a repeat of this foal(hopefully smaller!)

cookie2.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Misty Megan(outside mare). R ex-show mare for a repeat of this years foal, but hopefully a girl!

meg_head.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Riveara-homozygous double reg, for a repeat, again hopefully a girl

riv.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Seranade(outside mare, pictured as a foal).

serenade4.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Magic Potion(outside mare). R-Halter Hall of Fame mare

po-body.jpg

Dairylands March Winds(extreamly old pic! shes about 10 here, she is now 17)

marchwinds.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Ebony Rose(pic as a foal) double reg, black frame overo

classic06f1.jpg

So as a recap, I will have 4 foals, my stepson has one, and then there is 4 outside mares. 5 of these are new crosses

We are very excited about our first foal ever that will be born at our farm. Our mare, DSB Calamity Jane (Cami), had an ultrasound and is confirmed pregnant. The sire is Rolling Ridge Rum Rummer (Fred). Her expected due dates are between June 9th - 14th 2009.

We are hoping to have another foal due shortly thereafter but it isn't confirmed yet.

Well after three years of no foals here,,, we are very excited because we are having at least one.Hopefully two!

The first one confirmed in foal is my Pinky, Perlino mare bred to Sierra Dawn Uno's Pharaoh!!! ( Photo used with persmission from Gallery Originial Miniature Horses) Should be a sweet little baby!
mares_pinky1.jpg
pharaoh1.jpg

Then I got our last born foal from here back CCR My Name Is Rio a dark dark bay bred to a red homozygous pinto Half Measures GM Too Hot To Gamble. This should be an awesome show foal!

And last but not least... I don't know if she is bred... but my palomino Grosshills Dandy's Special Edition daughter bred to NFC's Rowdy's Champion.... I HOPE I HOPE she took!

I am very excited about my two that are 'cooking'

Semi & Billy Idol... June 2009

&

Little John (Robin Hood & Call Me Sir) & Maggie (Magic Man daughter) June 2009

semimain.jpg
billyidol2.jpg

littlejohnlg3.jpg
maggielg.jpg

We're expecting 5 babies

4 are sired by our herdsire On The Rise Farm Sky Eyes Eagle:

102_3567.jpg

And one by our buckskin:

101_2683.jpg

First is our black based varnish snowcap appy mare in foal to our buckskin:

100_2236.jpg

Second is my black/bay solid mare in foal to Sky:

103_3269.jpg

Third is our black/white pinto mare in foal to Sky, this cross produced our TJ this past year and we're hoping for a repeat, only a filly this time!

101_2744.jpg

(The resulting foal from this cross (also in the picture above)):

102_3583.jpg

101_3390.jpg

Fourth we have our bay pinto mare in foal to Sky:

Sweety.jpg

And rounding up last is our newest mare, silver bay roan grand-daughter of Komokos Little King Supreme and great-grand-daughter of Fishers Master Mickey in foal to Sky, this one I'm super excited about!
default_yes.gif

101_3337.jpg

We would have had a sixth, repeat breeding of Lexi and Sky that resulted in our little Phoenix, but we lost Lexi
default_sad.png

We have two foals due for early March and early April 2009.
Both mares are in foal to Ravenwood's Res World Grand Champion, Mulitlple World Champion and Multiple World Champion sire, Hunt House Farms Medalion.

photo-full.jpg

The first mare is Res World Champion Villas Party Doll, and one of my personal favorites since the first time I saw her as a yearling. She is now 5 and I just love her even more. We lost her filly this year after a 9 day fight, but we hope her next foal looks as great as her first one did.

This photo was taken just a few weeks ago by Robin Cole and I just love it. Party has been in the pasture for 3 years and I think she is still wonderful.

partydoll3.jpg

The other mare is Wee Equine Acres Moonlight Shadow, I love the look of this mare and at 3 years old, she still is very refined and leggy.

shadowsm.jpg

I also still have one mare to check so its not offical yet.

This mare was one of the last horses my husband bought for me. I just love her and have since the day I laid eyes on her at a month old. She is now 4 and hasn't been in the show ring in 3 years, she was top ten honor roll in AMHA in amateur and aote and took several supremes for us.

Honeysuckle Knoll Sundances Analisa - this photo was also taken recently by Robin Cole. She is straight out of the pasture, a bath and bridle path clipped, thats it.

analisa4.jpg

We hope she is in foal to our jr stallion, Ravenwood Mr Magnificent.

diego1sm.jpg

Hey! There's Royal's sire
default_laugh.png

You're gonna have some pretty babies next year
default_wink.png

Thank you Matt, I sure hope so. I have one Medalion daughter now that is a Res World Champion and hope these mares will give me something just as good.

And Sandy don't take this the wrong way but I have never hoped anyone had a colt more than I do Semi LOL. Cause I have some mares that would love to visit a handsome young man with those parents. Good luck and I will be crossing my fingers LOL.

Every cross this year is a new one, with the exception of one. So I am really looking forward to next years babies.

Every cross this year is a new one, with the exception of one. So I am really looking forward to next years babies.

Same here!! I leased a stallion this year and all but one of my bred mares are in foal to him. The leased stallion is a cremello, homozygous pinto with agouti and dun, and his foals that have shown have very well so I am excited to see what we get.
default_wub.png

Back