What do you collect besides Miniature Horses ????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=18pt]I used to collect porcelin dolls. They are all in my great grandma's china cupboard. Now I've started to collect Pocket Dragons. They are cute little "baby" dragons. I'll take some pics and try tp post them later.[/SIZE]

Christy

I collect alot of different things, but one of my Favorite Collections is my Model Horses!
default_wub.png
:

CWMAT.jpg

DUKE518D.jpg

CW_PPD_Dun.jpg

Nancy :bgrin

TangoMango, That looks like those fishing floats one used to find on NW beaches... think the Japanese used to use them.

Really enjoying seeing and hearing about what others collect.

Though have to admit.. I have not added to my collection for quite awhile.

Amazing what we do collect?

I am checking back on the ones that said they would post pictures, now come on where are they?

Thanks so much for taken the time and sharing :aktion033:

Collect angels, lighthouses, blown glass hummingbirds, jingle Buddies. Then there are my christmas collectibles. Have the town of Bethlehem, buildings and figures made by Fontanini. It covers 2 sheets of plywood. The entire collection of International Santas (75) that are no longer made. Can you tell I'm a christmas fanatic.
default_wub.png
:

Breyer horses. I have way too many.... :lol: 800+ Stablemates alone. I've forgotten how many Trad sizes I have.....

Lucy
i'm with you there! breyers are the best! i mostly have paddock pals.

let's see here, i stopped counting my toy horses at about 200, that was 3 years ago,.....ah boy, i'm obsesses.

how the heck can you afford 800 stablemates????????????? do you ...ummm....name them? i do, i know, i'm really crazy. and i made this little booklet thingie titled ABHR (alex's breyer horse registration) and i write them all down there. just finally got a fresian yesterday.
default_rolleyes.gif
: boy if i were as active in collecting real horses as i am in toys, i'd be up to my eyeballs in poop, out of time, and completely broke! :lol: LOL

what would we do without breyers?

oh do you have that one of smarty jones? i can't find it. saw it once though. for like 50 bucks.

What a neat subject! I collect Kentucky Derby glasses (since 1973) and I have alot of books about horses.

My biggest collection is my Breyer horses. I don't have as many as Field of Dreams but I do have almost 4 glass classes full and then some. I do have the Smarty Jones model and the new LTD miniatures (signed by Lisa at the Kentucky Horse Park). I always thought I would stop collecting the Breyers after I got into the "real" miniature horses but somehow I can't seem to stop. I think I am addicted to the Breyers too.

Thanks everyone for sharing. Some really neat collections out there.

Freida

Breyer horses. I have way too many.... :lol: 800+ Stablemates alone. I've forgotten how many Trad sizes I have.....

Lucy
i'm with you there! breyers are the best! i mostly have paddock pals.

let's see here, i stopped counting my toy horses at about 200, that was 3 years ago,.....ah boy, i'm obsesses.

how the heck can you afford 800 stablemates????????????? do you ...ummm....name them? i do, i know, i'm really crazy. and i made this little booklet thingie titled ABHR (alex's breyer horse registration) and i write them all down there. just finally got a fresian yesterday.
default_rolleyes.gif
: boy if i were as active in collecting real horses as i am in toys, i'd be up to my eyeballs in poop, out of time, and completely broke! :lol: LOL

what would we do without breyers?

oh do you have that one of smarty jones? i can't find it. saw it once though. for like 50 bucks.

I've probably been collecting longer than you've been alive.... :lol: I got my first in 1972.

Stablemates are easy to collect. When *I* started they were 99c! And that was the old plastic ones! Plus I'd find them at flea markets all the time. I have a ton of doubles, triples, heavens, the old turning TB mares in black and bay- I think I have easily 12- 16 of them. If you have Felecia Browell's Breyer guide 99% of the SMs pictured are mine. I collect variations of them, too. Unpainted, painted but no eyes, mistakes, wrong stockings, etc.

Only my "show horses" and my childhood models have names. Most do not. I USED to name them all, but now I don't. Too many.

Yes, I have Smarty. Phantasm, too. I would love to get a Tempest, but can't afford it right now, as he's about $350. Tractor Supply has Smarty for about $40. Try H and H Winners Circle for good prices. (Not MY company- just an honest, trustworthy Breyer dealer)

Lucy

Breyer horses, although I haven't gotten any new ones in a few years, but I still have a pretty good sized collection of them. I also like to collect money from different countries. I have some from Bermuda, England, Ireland (Euro), Italy (Euro), Belarus (Rubble), and Lithuania (Lita).

:bgrin Well, where do I start, I collect:

-golden retriever stuff

- I have a small collection of Beswick china horses

- duck decoys

- Santa Claus collection

- Books, I am also a readaholic

Must stop, too much clutter, too much dust, wait a minute what are these Breyer horses like, maybe I should get some............... :bgrin

Yvonne

wait a minute what are these Breyer horses like, maybe I should get some............... :bgrin

Yvonne

:new_shocked: *gasp* :new_shocked: you...don't...know...what...*stutters* breyers...are...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. you poor deprived soal! :lol: there little overpriced horse figurines that everyone loves because they actually LOOK LIKE REAL HORSES! amazingly accurate details. i mean that
default_wink.png
: sometimes a little too acccurate. but they are really cool. and almost as addicting as minis! (maybe more).

see they are really pretty

untitled.jpg

i have this one:

2729851516.jpg

this one's cool

569049974.jpg

i have all of these too:

breyers.jpg

see they're cool and once you get one, MUST HAVE ALL!!!!!!!!

wait a minute what are these Breyer horses like, maybe I should get some............... :bgrin

Yvonne

:new_shocked: *gasp* :new_shocked: you...don't...know...what...*stutters* breyers...are...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. you poor deprived soal! :lol: there little overpriced horse figurines that everyone loves because they actually LOOK LIKE REAL HORSES! amazingly accurate details. i mean that
default_wink.png
: sometimes a little too acccurate. but they are really cool. and almost as addicting as minis! (maybe more).

see they are really pretty

untitled.jpg

i have this one:

2729851516.jpg

this one's cool

569049974.jpg

i have all of these too:

breyers.jpg

see they're cool and once you get one, MUST HAVE ALL!!!!!!!!
Oh wow, they look really neat, must have some, no more collecting, but I must have at least one or maybe two or so, awwwwwwwww more things to collect dust, but they are so cool, must get some.......... :bgrin :bgrin

Yvonne p.s. now you know if I start collecting Breyers it's all your fault :bgrin

My husband and I collect shot glasses. We have about 54 right now. And some have come as far as Ireland. We started this when we were younger and poorer. They are usually cheap enough to buy when we visit places. I love it its great. I would lovet to have a row all along my kitchen and dining room one day. Atleast thats the plan when we remodel the kitchen.

Well lets see...when I was I child it all started with a teddy bear....I still have a stuffed toy collection that takes about 4 huge trash bags to move
default_rolleyes.gif
:

then with a dad who is an artist I have some wall art southwest ciglee's.....then there is all the "dad art" and I used to collect shoes and vintage clothes/hats/purses (down to about 5 purses and 1 dress)

I have horsey statues a few breyers..several cheap bronze/brass....a stone one.....oh and then there are the other critter chowchow fig's, buffalo....dragons..........lets see there are also 4 teapots (but I use those)............coffee cups we really do not need as many as we have.............oh cannot forget the candles........

My favorite though has to be my books.....I have a decent collection of old horse/livestock related books as old as 1600's (it's a limited repro actually) some 1900-1920's.....then more modern ones 1950's-current........

I also collect bumper stickers.............

I really need to get rid of some of this cr@p
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

I only have 2 real live miniature horse's the most I have ever had was 7 but we downsized................

I am seriously thinking breyers and other types of figurine horses is the way to go
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Strangely every collection I have was started by OTHER people giving them to me as gifts over the years...........the books are about the only one I started on my own
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

My biggest collection is clutter and dust bunnies
default_wacko.png
:

Actually I do collect Stephen King 1st editions...only lacking a few to be complete!! Hubby started me on it...I asked him for some of Kings newer stuff when he was cruising Ebay and he bought me my first ones...at least I know I will be getting something I want for Christmas and birthday..LOL

Breyer horse models. I have been collecting for 23 years now. I am switching over to all stablemates and will be selling most of my traditional and classic size models. I will keep a few of the bigger ones to customize but I have found that I really prefer the...well...minis. :D

-Amy

I have some breyer horses that I have had for over 30 years since I was a small child. I wish I had not played with them so much so they were in better condition! I still buy one every now and then. I have all the miniature horse ones they have made.

My big thing that I am collecting now is the Breyer Christmas horses and ornaments. I have all the horse related ones since the beginning! I think this might be the 10th year! or close! The bad thing is that every year they add more and it cost a small fortune to keep up with it! I think last year it cost me at least $140 to get all I needed to keep up my collection. So that is about all I collect. Altho I do have a small collection of outhouses! I love them! SheilaI

Don't know if anyone will appreciate it here but I collect vintage video arcade and pinball machines from the 70's and 80's. I'd get more but they take up too much room! Right now I have (oldest to newest):

Boot Hill

Solar City (pinball)

Midway Space Invaders

Star Castle

Berzerk

Omega Race

Warlords (cocktail table)

Wizard of Wor

Donkey Kong (rare red cabinet!)

Grand Lizard (pinball)

Race Drivin' (sit down cockpit!)

This is what happens when you listen to your inner 11 year old.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Also it probably helps that I'm a bachelor.
default_wink.png
: Some day when I build my dream home I'll have a proper video arcade room or put them in the basement.

Daryl

Your video arcade room will be great. Really some nice collections. :aktion033:

Thanks all for taking the time to share. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back